Possible dumb question

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
G-Man777
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Gotta love how I return to this page after several years to ask something dumb. lol

Anyway, I was wondering if this game has a mechanic where you can hire help to keep your farm clear of weeds and stuff, cause I'm having a really hard time keeping up with the spawn rates in this game, even with mostly golden tools.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'm pretty sure the only way you can control daily reappearance of trees and grass is to put down paths or other things on top of the ground.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The sprites doesn’t help you with anything farm work related unfortunately.
Ninety
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

The respawn rate for debris in this instalment is nuts. Trees are reappearing faster than I can chop them down. I guess eventually I’ll put paths down but I’m in late spring and don’t have the resources for that yet.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Stones! You get so many from mining and clearing. Stone paths is what I use all over.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Stones! You get so many from mining and clearing. Stone paths is what I use all over.
I use wooden. Mostly because I literally have two stacks of 999+ logs...
Correction: three stacks.
Farmer Ann
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I also put stone paths but don't feel like making a whole farm pathed , the trees, puddles and ponds are just a nuisance at this point , I am tired of having to do daily chores of tree removal I almost quit playing because of it . This time around it looks like they focused more on crafting and tree removal than farming .
I am still getting frame rate issues after the update and I wonder if it is because of all the trees , puddles and weeds the spawn daily. I would rather plant trees than to have hundreds of them spawning all over pastures and my crop area. I hope they fix this .

I am enjoying the game but find the extra everyday removal of weeds and trees ruining the game for me , also the 2 large ponds take too much room up and even draining them does not remove them .
eggegg
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I thought you could smash the ponds to get rid of them. Does that not apply to the big ponds?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

eggegg wrote:I thought you could smash the ponds to get rid of them. Does that not apply to the big ponds?
The two large lakes are permanent I’m afraid. You can clean them but that’s it. They will get dirty again.
Leftover_Bees
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

It’s super annoying that it still takes three hits to destroy a seedling with the best possible hammer. I know it’s so we don’t accidentally kill crops, but I don’t like it.
G-Man777
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Leftover_Bees wrote:It’s super annoying that it still takes three hits to destroy a seedling with the best possible hammer. I know it’s so we don’t accidentally kill crops, but I don’t like it.
There's also literally no coding reason they couldn't make random seedlings one hit, and planted trees/crops take 3.
Saffy
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

eggegg wrote:I thought you could smash the ponds to get rid of them. Does that not apply to the big ponds?
WHA?? I...had no idea this was a thing. I literally planned my layout AROUND the ponds cuz I had no idea this could be done. (I like my farm though so meh!) I'm not done with the third area however...thank you!!
CatBlueCamp
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Saffy wrote:
WHA?? I...had no idea this was a thing. I literally planned my layout AROUND the ponds cuz I had no idea this could be done. (I like my farm though so meh!) I'm not done with the third area however...thank you!!
It's a teensy bit OT, but I found out that you can fish from the mud puddles. All you can catch is crayfish, but I thought it was nifty. :lol:

To the OP:

When I first started the game, I thought it was weird that the MC's Grandfather's farm was basically forest by the time you inherit it.

After four days of experiencing the hyper-aggressive vegetation, I no longer thought it was weird. xD

Someone needs to talk to the Harvest Goddess about slowing down on the miracle-gro. She CLEARLY used way too much, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You know, all these issues we have would be much more appealing/less of a problem if they had in-game solutions, even if they were difficult to unlock. Something you can do or build to prohibit or at least slow the growth of seedlings, say, that unlocks once you hit a certain town development level or...well, fill in the blanks.

I don't actually mind the games having troublesome aspects that you can improve or remove with your own hard work. In fact, I like that sort of thing. I like for the game world to seem a bit shoddy when I start out and be rewarded for my hard work by seeing it get better and better. So even if crazy-fast tree regrowth is a feature, I might like it, if I could hope to control it at some point, the way we could eventually greatly reduce and even completely negate storm damage in SoS1. The paths would be okay (even though they don't look that natural to me) if they didn't contribute to lag, but I guess that's gotten better, now.
PenguinClubHarvest
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I've seen a lot of people basically just decorate their farm into looking like a pretty scenic park. Eventually you get to craft benches and lamps and other decor. Filling up the farm with park paths, and then sections for growing crops, harvesting honey and mushrooms, etc. The trees and rocks and grass that wanna sprout up end up really only growing on the edges of the farm. Only issues I've had is directly in front of the animal barn/coop, for the animals to graze and get outside they need empty space, and that space tends to get filled with the grass and trees in my experience. Thankfully the saplings and grass don't interfer with my animals being able to get out of the barn, but the area is just cluttered.

Personally I let the saplings grow to a "half tree" then its just one axe swing for some wood. less stamina (I'd assume) and you get something out of it rather than smacking three times with a hammer lol