What should I do with my orichalcum ingots?

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Jake Johnson
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I have all my tools except my sickle to Gold (I don't use it a whole lot.)

However, by some miracle I have eight Orichalcum ingots at this point. I also have enough money (I currently have 134,491 G) to be able to upgrade a tool to Orichalcum level.

However, there is the matter of the Hydroculture plant - I will need 50 Orichalcum ingots to fix it.

Should I save my ingots, or should I use five of them to upgrade one of my tools?
Nikooru-sama
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Jake Johnson wrote:I have all my tools except my sickle to Gold (I don't use it a whole lot.)

However, by some miracle I have eight Orichalcum ingots at this point. I also have enough money (I currently have 134,491 G) to be able to upgrade a tool to Orichalcum level.

However, there is the matter of the Hydroculture plant - I will need 50 Orichalcum ingots to fix it.

Should I save my ingots, or should I use five of them to upgrade one of my tools?
I was thinking of doing the Hydro Plant since I finished the main storyline, but I've heard that all it does is water all your crops on your farm. I haven't gotten the Super Sprinklers yet, but it would be a waste of time and resources if all the Hydro Plant did was water in your 3 areas of your farm. For 50 Orichalcum ingots and 50 Mirage Lumber it doesn't sound worth it to me :(

It's completely up to you how you wanna use them! When I have enough I'll most likely use the Orichalcum on tools first, specifically Hammer and Axe for easiness sake lol
the midnighttiger
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Jake Johnson wrote:I have all my tools except my sickle to Gold (I don't use it a whole lot.)

I would upgrade the hammer, so you can get more orichalcum ores easier lol
dr4g0nh34d
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

You should also upgrade the axe to orichalcum to get more Mirage Logs. Once you get the Axe and Hammer to max upgrades, you can choose what to save the ingots for.

For most cases, you'll unlock the enhance sprinklers quicker than the Hydro Plant. If you wanna focus on just your crops, then get the Hydro Plant. If you want to focus on cooking, then upgrade the house. Eventually, you'll get enough to upgrade whatever you want. Since Orichalcum and Mirage Logs spawn better at their special location, it will still take a while you achieve any of your goals.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Nikooru-sama wrote:, but I've heard that all it does is water all your crops on your farm. I haven't gotten the Super Sprinklers yet, but it would be a waste of time and resources if all the Hydro Plant did was water in your 3 areas of your farm. For 50 Orichalcum ingots and 50 Mirage Lumber it doesn't sound worth it to me :(
You can grow any season crop in the hydro plant, except trees won't fit in there. Once you have the enhanced sprinklers and the seasonal gardens, you don't need the plant. I had everything to repair it but changed my mind and reloaded. Large house was more useful.

Maybe later when I save up all the stuff again and nothing else to do.

As for the OP's question, it's best to upgrade your tools cuz it makes gathering stuff much easier/faster. You'll get more orichal when you open the stonebreaker valley.