Milk and egg types DO matter..!

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Saffy
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

So I am pretty late into my first year now... almost into year 2 actually. I've tamed all the animals there were to tame it seems, and I am noticing something about the milk and eggs. I noticed, other than costing a little more than regular milk and eggs, Buffalo, Goat milks, and silkie eggs do have another difference.

Putting them in certain makers doubles the production?
Regular cow milk and eggs only produce 1 cheese/butter/Yogurt or Mayo. But, using goat milk for butter produces 2 from one milk, Buffalo milk produces 2 cheese from 1 milk, and silkie eggs produce 2 mayo's from a single egg. Which I think is neat. :)
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah it's worth eye-balling what you're processing. The sparkly eggs & milks makes even more products!

Breed and level up your animals and chickens (you'll need better products for the cooking requests).
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

How does chickens and other livestock animals level up?
Saffy

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:Yeah it's worth eye-balling what you're processing. The sparkly eggs & milks makes even more products!

Breed and level up your animals and chickens (you'll need better products for the cooking requests).
Does breeding work how it did in SoS:FoMT?? If so, I should really get to it.. :o
Briarwyn wrote:How does chickens and other livestock animals level up?
Other than befriending them, I am not sure. According to the comment from Murasaki if im understanding right, breeding may be part of it as well!
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saffy wrote:
Murasaki wrote:Yeah it's worth eye-balling what you're processing. The sparkly eggs & milks makes even more products!

Does breeding work how it did in SoS:FoMT?? If so, I should really get to it.. :o
Other than befriending them, I am not sure. According to the comment from Murasaki if im understanding right, breeding may be part of it as well!
I find this system of breeding easier than FoMT since the heart and friendship levels are at 10 max. All you have to do is breed them and the product star value goes up by one each generation. It's gonna take a lot to get to 10-star products.
Saffy

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:
Saffy wrote:

I find this system of breeding easier than FoMT since the heart and friendship levels are at 10 max. All you have to do is breed them and the product star value goes up by one each generation. It's gonna take a lot to get to 10-star products.
Oh this is really helpful, thanks a bunch!! I feel like I have more to work towards now :) :lala:
Im gonna get right to it. How long does it take for the babies to be born~?
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Saffy wrote:
Ronin19 wrote:
Saffy wrote:

Oh this is really helpful, thanks a bunch!! I feel like I have more to work towards now :) :lala:
Im gonna get right to it. How long does it take for the babies to be born~?
I didn't really measure how long, but I want to say 1 week for chickens and 2 for barn animals.
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bright side, the starting animals start with a max of 3 star products so you really only need to breed 7 generations and depending on species it can go quickly. I've been getting 5 star eggs from my third gen Silkie chicken since I bred the second one around the middle of summer year one or so, but then I got lazy and didn't bother breeding another generation since I was focusing on crops.

I don't remember honestly if Kooki started laying at 5 star from the start or if she just rocketed up in levels really fast because I use deluxe feed, but I was getting 5 stars very quickly once she was an adult.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Chickens are kinda fast. Mine are at rank 6.

Livestock are at 5. Gotta release the lower ranks again cuz the barn looks full and takes time to milk all of them.

Okay, breeding isn't fast at all - I'm mid Autumn, year 2. That's a long time...must've ignored them for awhile.
Saffy

Post  Posted:

Thanks for all the tips and info! I just reached year 2. I focused on my farming lands, house, and cash year one, so this year I will work on ranching and beekeeping. (I have a weird order with how I do things :lol: )
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I have a question about breeding and this seems like a good place to ask it - does increasing the star rank of the products affect anything other than the quality of items you make with them? For example, in SoS:FoMT the types of milk would change from S to M to L and you needed all the different kinds for different recipes, so breeding was mandatory. Is there anything in PoOT that is locked to higher star levels of animal produce? If it doesn’t lock me out of anything I’m considering not bothering with the breeding as I dislike selling animals.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek wrote:I have a question about breeding and this seems like a good place to ask it - does increasing the star rank of the products affect anything other than the quality of items you make with them? For example, in SoS:FoMT the types of milk would change from S to M to L and you needed all the different kinds for different recipes, so breeding was mandatory. Is there anything in PoOT that is locked to higher star levels of animal produce? If it doesn’t lock me out of anything I’m considering not bothering with the breeding as I dislike selling animals.
I believe the cooking request you get from “what’s his name”(literally blanking) takes higher stuff but I’m not 100% sure cuz I’m not working on that right now.

And you don’t “sell” animals you “release” animals in this game.
Murasaki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The last part of the cooking quest is making rank 8 food. You don't need rank 10 dairy products but it doesn't hurt.

Cooking doesn't specify what rank of ingredients to use for normal cooking.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Murasaki wrote:The last part of the cooking quest is making rank 8 food. You don't need rank 10 dairy products but it doesn't hurt.

Cooking doesn't specify what rank of ingredients to use for normal cooking.
Is it possible to complete those requests with rank 3 animal products or nah? Though I could see myself doing a few generations up to maybe rank 5 or 6 if I felt like it, esp. with chickens.

Yeah I've just read about it being releasing the animals instead of selling buuut... that doesn't really change how I feel about it. I like my animals too much :(
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Code_Name_Geek, be careful the animal Max is 100 for livestock and 100 for chickens :lol: