1.0.5 out in Japan. I think.

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Narase
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Well...based on the article/blog that they posted my hunch of a "post-E3" news/update was pretty close.
And yeah I know they're mostly digital this year but I would still think it takes time to make 'presentations' of upcoming games if they plan to announce them...especially if they announce things that are still far in development or they decide to do 'interactive' things that I heard some developers are doing as part of E3....

But dang....I didn't think there would be THAT much additional dialogue in a little path but they sure make it sound like TOCS-level dialogue with that blog entry lol. (and if you're not familiar with that reference... TOCS-level diaolgue = Dang epic amounts)
Also totally forgot and do feel bad that they have to handle the other languages too not just English. We should be totally thankful and considerate that they're able to get it out this month. (although I'm still crying inside the longer it takes....)
must go find something else to play now so I forget about it again....

Aside: That "tease" at the end about the 1.0.6 updates including changes/fixes to animal noises is making me go "wait....what? They're something wrong with the animal noises? I guess the only animal noise I personally thought was a little weird was :bunny: but....really? is that necessary?"
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

1.0.6 sounds small and weird. Animal noises and changes to how you participate if you're alone (for the Egg Festival.) Does something different happen when you're alone versus if you're with someone?
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hope they fix some loading glitches the game has. I wonder if they will remake more games, we deserve a new harvest moon ds game after the fiasco the original one was (lots and lots of glitches, especially the one that ruins your save data).
KonekoChan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:1.0.6 sounds small and weird. Animal noises and changes to how you participate if you're alone (for the Egg Festival.) Does something different happen when you're alone versus if you're with someone?
it's like, not even a minigame or anything. just a cutscene you get LOL.

i'm not surprised about the animal noises because some of the noises are ???? made me question if i actually knew what kinds of noises these animals make or if they mixed something up in the process of making the game.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

The only animal sound that strikes me as a bit weird (so far) is the llama. It's an odd moaning.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:The only animal sound that strikes me as a bit weird (so far) is the llama. It's an odd moaning.
OK, so perhaps the animals sound unrealistic, but ... really? That's what they're working on? I would rather have the animals sound like freight trains and get further streamlining of the makers.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

KonekoChan wrote:
Kikki wrote:1.0.6 sounds small and weird. Animal noises and changes to how you participate if you're alone (for the Egg Festival.) Does something different happen when you're alone versus if you're with someone?
it's like, not even a minigame or anything. just a cutscene you get LOL.

i'm not surprised about the animal noises because some of the noises are ???? made me question if i actually knew what kinds of noises these animals make or if they mixed something up in the process of making the game.
So...then if you do have someone to attend the Egg Festival with, you get to participate rather than just seeing it as a cut-scene? And they're changing it so that you can participate even if you're alone?
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m just curious why the egg festival is considered as a date festival lol
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I suspect the change they're making to animal sounds will be more along the lines of them more... equal, would be a good way to phrase it, in terms of volume? Because I've noticed that chickens and llamas/buns are very quiet while cows, silkies sheep and goats are all super loud when interacted with. So them being shifted to be better equalized volume wise would make sense.

Though yeah, why that is a priority over the other issues the game has is a question.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Update 1.0.6 is out in Japan now, too. Cherubae reposted Bokumono PR's tweet about it. You can see their article about it HERE.
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Google translate coming up...
Spoiler:
Renovation to make the festival organizer easier to understand

Event addition when participating in the egg festival alone

Added a function to change the way animals and children are called
An item has been added to the "special request" of the shrine, and you can change the way animals and children are called.

Strengthening the production when completing the city quest
・ Strengthen production when upgrading tools
・ Repair of behavior when talking to residents who are eating or fishing
・ Change of production when returning home at 2:00 am

-Fixed a bug that could make it impossible to proceed with a childbirth event when multiple events occur in succession.
-Fixed a bug where the loading screen might not switch when leaving the tori hut
-Fixed a bug where picking up mushrooms after changing the camera distance in a specific area during the mushroom festival would make it impossible to proceed.
-Fixed a bug that prevented progress when taking care of animals while grazing and just before returning to the hut.
-Fixed a bug that the controller could not proceed when the game was started and the controller was not connected.
-Fixed a bug that if you move while hitting the A button repeatedly in front of a broken facility, you will not be able to perform operations such as picking up using the A button.
-Fixed a bug where the event would not proceed when giving a confession or proposal item to Neil / Felicia.
* If you have save data with this problem, please apply the update data, meet the success conditions of confession or proposal, and hand over the item again to solve the problem. If the resident information in your notebook does not contain the information after a successful confession, or if the wedding date event does not occur the day after your engagement, this problem may have occurred.
-Fixed other minor bugs
On that note, for anyone that knows anything about game development, is this game unusually buggy? Or would a lot of games look like this if they actually got patches/patch notes release? I’m just getting HMDS flashbacks, and I’d like to know if that’s an unfair comparison, lol. At least we live in a world where problems can be patched instead of having to buy multiple copies of a game and hope you got an updated version. :<
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Sir Stardust wrote:Google translate coming up...
Spoiler:

An item has been added to the "special request" of the shrine, and you can change the way animals and children are called.

-Fixed a bug that could make it impossible to proceed with a childbirth event when multiple events occur in succession.
-Fixed a bug where the loading screen might not switch when leaving the tori hut
-Fixed a bug where picking up mushrooms after changing the camera distance in a specific area during the mushroom festival would make it impossible to proceed.
-Fixed a bug that prevented progress when taking care of animals while grazing and just before returning to the hut.
-Fixed a bug that the controller could not proceed when the game was started and the controller was not connected.
-Fixed a bug that if you move while hitting the A button repeatedly in front of a broken facility, you will not be able to perform operations such as picking up using the A button.
-Fixed a bug where the event would not proceed when giving a confession or proposal item to Neil / Felicia.
* If you have save data with this problem, please apply the update data, meet the success conditions of confession or proposal, and hand over the item again to solve the problem. If the resident information in your notebook does not contain the information after a successful confession, or if the wedding date event does not occur the day after your engagement, this problem may have occurred.
-Fixed other minor bugs
On that note, for anyone that knows anything about game development, is this game unusually buggy? Or would a lot of games look like this if they actually got patches/patch notes release? I’m just getting HMDS flashbacks, and I’d like to know if that’s an unfair comparison, lol. At least we live in a world where problems can be patched instead of having to buy multiple copies of a game and hope you got an updated version. :<
Most of the fixes on this upgraded were for the bugs present in the new dlc.
It is not uncommon for games that get dlc and updates to have patches fixing issues related to said content, as even with playtesting there are some things you can only find out when a lot of people are playing (and taking into account how fast these updates and dlc are coming out, there isn't much time for playtesting either).
Sir Stardust

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:
Sir Stardust wrote:Google translate coming up...
Spoiler:

-Fixed other minor bugs
Most of the fixes on this upgraded were for the bugs present in the new dlc.
It is not uncommon for games that get dlc and updates to have patches fixing issues related to said content, as even with playtesting there are some things you can only find out when a lot of people are playing (and taking into account how fast these updates and dlc are coming out, there isn't much time for playtesting either).
Hm, makes sense. Considering they’re continuing to put out patches based on feedback and fixing glitches, I can’t really be unhappy in that regard. It’s more than a lot of other companies manage...
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

So... EU and Australia have 1.0.5 now but NOT USA???

why on earth are they first. :(
Sir Stardust

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:So... EU and Australia have 1.0.5 now but NOT USA???

why on earth are they first. :(
Time zones would be my guess. Or NA being slow. We’ll be getting it in the next few hours/days. Just be patient.