My reaction to the “birth’ event. SPOILER!

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:i understand everyone's disappointment, and i agree it should be an option for everyone to have either traditional or adopted. but if it had to be only one system, i do like this is a system inclusive to trans people. i enjoyed getting to use the character creator to create a trans female mc with a deeper voice, and that would've been ruined if I had married a dude and the game forced her to be confirmed cis in-game when she gets pregnant. instead with magic babies avoids confirmation either way
I was going to add something along these lines too. Trans men can absolutely give birth so letting players choose between a birth and adoption/magical baby event regardless of gender would be the most inclusive option imo. It always feels a bit off when straight couples are given the option to give birth but gay couples are forced into adoption in games.
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

This seems to be another case of them borrowing from Stardew Valley, because (correct me if I’m wrong, here; I’ve only ever pursued f/f relationships) regardless of your relationship you’ll just get a note overnight that your child was born/delivered by the adoption agency. This is actually something I’ve never really liked about Stardew, either. :? The family life is definitely very bland.

I do appreciate that the games are working on being more inclusive, but it’s also a shame that things like this are getting cut out. I’d definitely prefer it if they had some kind of counterpart for ss couples, or, as others have mentioned, just let you choose which option you’d like if they’re already going to be creating two different versions of the event anyway.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm glad some are enjoying the magic delivery in the sense of immersion for the character. I honestly hadn't thought about that aspect. I suppose it wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't keep thinking about the baby just disappearing if you get a divorce, not that I plan on using that feature, but if I'm going to accept a magic baby, I certainly don't want to throw it away! Come on now! I know you can magic away kids in Stardew ( which I wouldn't do either) but that's separate from the divorce element. I don't understand a lot of choices made for this game though.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Honestly, the thing that bothered me most about this is the very fact that there is no doctor in town! Like, not even because of the pregnancy events or anything; I’m just really concerned about what happens if anyone in town gets sick or injured, or whether anyone is monitoring the old folks’ health to make sure they’re holding up okay. Do they just get put on a boat and sent to the city? What if it’s an emergency? Having a kid is something I can take or leave in these games, but doctor NPCs are a must haha.