PoOT Trial

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Thought this might merit its own thread. Chrysalis-Lyn just made a post about this in the "Impressions Post-updates" thread, and I just saw it on Twitter myself. Might be a good opportunity to anyone who would like to try it first in case they want to see if they like it without risking buyer's remorse, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

HMM. I've been waiting on a sale. Mind you, Black Friday sales tend to be better than 10%, but at $50 CAD, regular price, it's already $30 below the typical AAA game price, and I was given the DLC for free, so the cost for me is already pretty reasonable. I do want to start it since my grandmother (and my great uncle Jack's) dementia really makes me want to sharpen my mind as much as I can, as soon as I can, and I've always been planning on attempting to play this game in French rather than English. Learning more of a language is a primary brain exerciser for that kind of thing, apparently. It supposedly strengthens brain connections and may even delay the onset of Alzheimer's, so...seems like a good thing to try.

Plus it adds value to the game, even if I should end up not finding it that interesting in itself, once I'm beyond the beginning.

Got it downloading right now, though I guess I won't be able to actually try it until Wednesday. That's okay; I'm still working on Tales of Arise and won't be done before Wed, even with the greenhouse now finished.

Nice opportunity either way; thanks greensara. And Crysalis-Lyn. :)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Thanks to both greensara and Chrysalis-Lyn for sharing! :)

Sounds like a pretty great idea. If I hadn't let my Switch Online sub run out I would be on top of this. I'm still curious about the game, but I don't know that it's even worth reupping Switch Online for it. In the period of the trial you could probably comfortably play through most of the game, honestly. But I...feel bad? I'd feel less bad if I knew if Nintendo paid publishers (a la Game Pass/PS Plus) for these free trial things or not.

I doooubt it, but...you never know. It may be that Marvelous is just taking advantage of an opportunity. Didn't Daemon X Machina get one of these trial periods too?
Chrysalis-Lyn
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Aww, thank you for mentioning my post greensara!! I rushed directly to Ushi after seeing that tweet :lala: I think this trial is specifically for fans who have been on the fence, so I feel obligated to at least give it a try. Downloaded it last night. (And that's a good idea, Kikki. I have been playing games in French off & on for a few years. It's a bit exhausting, but it really does help you develop an intuition for the language!)
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Chrysalis-Lyn wrote:I have been playing games in French off & on for a few years. It's a bit exhausting, but it really does help you develop an intuition for the language!)
Maybe select a different language for the Twilight Isle mission! It will be easier to endure if you don't understand it.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Considering I have two switches with two separate Nintendo online services, Nintendo sent me a email about the trial for the account that doesn’t have the game already downloaded :lol:

No thanks I have it on my main switch :lol:
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I decided to give it a try. I like it so far, but I've only been through one in-game day. I like the character creation (including up through gender picking, that was a job well done imo), and how everyone actually has a living space within their shop and not just a bed and kitchen in the same room, lol. Right now I can't afford to buy it on sale (it's through I think Oct 3rd or 4th that the sale runs), but it's not a full $60 anyway, so maybe sooner rather than later. Plus my backlog is crying.