How To Eat With Family and Farm Animals?

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Two very important questions. First is, how do I get to eat with my family? And two, can I leave my Farm Animals out in the rain, hurricanes, and tornadoes “or it just being a normal weather” all night and day (will it decrease the fps with them if I do that?)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

for the farm animals, they go back into the barns automatically once it gets too late, and it won't let you put them outside in bad weather.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:for the farm animals, they go back into the barns automatically once it gets too late, and it won't let you put them outside in bad weather.
Thank you, kindly. :)
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yeah, animal care in Olive Town is one of the things I like. But I think it's like me and crops. I've been really disappointed by how little you have to do with your crops. You never use any fertilizer at all. You just throw some seeds, and water them. (And you probably don't even water for more than one or two seasons...you probably use sprinklers after that. So at that point all you do is throw seeds around!)

It's the same with animal care. It's been hugely simplified. I LIKE that, because I never liked animal care and found it ridiculous that I had to PUSH cows out of a barn, so I love the bell, and I love that they sensibly go back inside on their own at night, and that they won't go out in the pouring rain. But I think for people who love the animal care of previous games, this may be a let down, like the crops have been for me. I feel like I'm just a caretaker of the lawn, who keeps the grounds clear of rocks, trees, weeds and puddles.

I haven't gotten married yet (I'm not quite to the middle of Summer Year 1) so I can't say anything about family, at this point.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:Yeah, animal care in Olive Town is one of the things I like. But I think it's like me and crops. I've been really disappointed by how little you have to do with your crops. You never use any fertilizer at all. You just throw some seeds, and water them. (And you probably don't even water for more than one or two seasons...you probably use sprinklers after that. So at that point all you do is throw seeds around!)

It's the same with animal care. It's been hugely simplified. I LIKE that, because I never liked animal care and found it ridiculous that I had to PUSH cows out of a barn, so I love the bell, and I love that they sensibly go back inside on their own at night, and that they won't go out in the pouring rain. But I think for people who love the animal care of previous games, this may be a let down, like the crops have been for me. I feel like I'm just a caretaker of the lawn, who keeps the grounds clear of rocks, trees, weeds and puddles.

I haven't gotten married yet (I'm not quite to the middle of Summer Year 1) so I can't say anything about family, at this point.
I do like the sprinklers, they are very helpful. I hate the puddles though I find them a bit annoying really. The bell I appreciate also (no more pushing animals out one by one! :) ) I don’t mind the lawn care I actually enjoy it.
MADHATTER
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

you cannot eat at the table with your family in the morning but there are events that have you sitting at the table with them reminiscing/talking/whatever. unfortunately that's as far as it goes
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:for the farm animals, they go back into the barns automatically once it gets too late, and it won't let you put them outside in bad weather.
Not pleased by this. How do you remove a task that has been in the game since the very beginning and then overwhelm the player with makers? Go ahead and put in an option to let the game automatically move animals to and from the barn, but sheesh, be careful about removing the staple elements of the game. I want to farm and take care of animals, not tend to machines all day.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

MADHATTER wrote:you cannot eat at the table with your family in the morning but there are events that have you sitting at the table with them reminiscing/talking/whatever. unfortunately that's as far as it goes
Thank you, for the info. :)
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:
Not pleased by this. How do you remove a task that has been in the game since the very beginning and then overwhelm the player with makers? Go ahead and put in an option to let the game automatically move animals to and from the barn, but sheesh, be careful about removing the staple elements of the game. I want to farm and take care of animals, not tend to machines all day.
Yeah the makers are a bit much to deal with (especially if you need to upgrade your tools, barns/coops and house) you have to place so many of them at once in the field and they take too much space for actual crops, fruit trees, and vegetables to grow. For just one single upgrade so I do agree with you on the Makers. The bell do help me in particular, cause I hate pushing animals out when I have too many of them, in the beginning of the game I usually have a small amount that I do push them out of the coop or barn cause it a little easier to deal with.
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon Kid wrote:... The bell do help me in particular, cause I hate pushing animals out when I have too many of them, in the beginning of the game I usually have a small amount that I do push them out of the coop or barn cause it a little easier to deal with.
I have no problem with the bell and use it in games that provide it. Ever try pushing a full barn of cows outside in Back to Nature?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:Ever try pushing a full barn of cows outside in Back to Nature?
Ever try pushing a cow anywhere in real life? It's always been an absolutely absurd mechanic. No farmer PUSHES their cows out of the barn. When you're just dealing with a few, they're easy to herd even by hand...most cows are pretty cooperative and just go along with you or with the other cows or a leading or herding animal...but they're bloody impossible to push.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Burning Spear wrote:
Harvest Moon Kid wrote:... The bell do help me in particular, cause I hate pushing animals out when I have too many of them, in the beginning of the game I usually have a small amount that I do push them out of the coop or barn cause it a little easier to deal with.
I have no problem with the bell and use it in games that provide it. Ever try pushing a full barn of cows outside in Back to Nature?
I’ll be honest I never play that one. I got a little late starting in the Harvest Moon franchise.