New update 1.1.0 has been reviewed!!

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

For the Japanese version on November 30th. I just saw a video by play with Josh here: https://youtu.be/FwPYh-ALVWM

The update will have:
-A new story line
-more events with candidates and after marriage stuff. Family events too
-DLC candidates can be invited to festivals in town
-a upgrade to the harvesting crops system 3x3 at a time
-and lastly there’s a mystery ladder thing on the farm.

I know there’s a tweet, I gotta find it.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I saw it this morning and it does look interesting. No word yet as to when it will release in the west, but it could convince me to restart the game when the snow flies here.
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

I'm assuming the ladder is a (much needed) shortcut between the third area and the first area.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Josh in the comments said that, XSeed announced that the patch will come out November 29th, and the European one on November 30th.
Idk how accurate that is tho but I’d assume they’re correct since they made the video lol
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:I'm assuming the ladder is a (much needed) shortcut between the third area and the first area.
That’s what I’m assuming too.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Cherubae wrote:I'm assuming the ladder is a (much needed) shortcut between the third area and the first area.
That’s what I’m assuming too.
I must be particularly dense today as that never even occurred to me, lol, but it's a great idea! Also good news on the release date.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The track is long, even with the motorcycle and/or horse
Autumn_Song
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

K8sMum wrote:I saw it this morning and it does look interesting. No word yet as to when it will release in the west, but it could convince me to restart the game when the snow flies here.
Both XSeed and Marvelous have confirmed localization; XSeed said November 29th for NA and Marvelous said November 30th for Europe. Wonder why XSeed's is coming out first... seems odd... but it's on their official website
iloverainbow
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

So happy that we are still getting an update (hopefully updates!) for this game! They really listened to our feedback and are trying their best to make the game as enjoyable as it can.

This will probably be the final major update and I am so looking forward to Rune Factory 5 and new SoS game (pretty sure there will be one) next year! :heart: :heart: :heart:
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Ooh this is interesting! Although I just married Damon so I hope I didn’t miss any cool pre-marriage stuff
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:For the Japanese version on November 30th. I just saw a video by play with Josh here: https://youtu.be/FwPYh-ALVWM

The update will have:
-A new story line
-more events with candidates and after marriage stuff. Family events too
-DLC candidates can be invited to festivals in town
-a upgrade to the harvesting crops system 3x3 at a time
-and lastly there’s a mystery ladder thing on the farm.

I know there’s a tweet, I gotta find it.
This makes me super happy being able to harvest nine crops at a time. :)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I'm just so happy that the DLC characters will now attend the Romance Festivals. I restarted the game recently, planning to marry Ludus, but was disappointed to find out that would mean no unique scenes at festivals.
Hikarii
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

omg no way?? I remember last update everyone was saying that was probably the last and the game will die, so this is a very nice surprise. It's great they're listening to feedback bc I enjoy the game a lot and now there's even more reason to!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It hasn't really been *reviewed*, as it's not out yet, not even for content creators. The announcement was reviewed...or speculated over, I should probably say.

I'm surprised, and wondering if maybe Olive Town was a bigger money-maker than they thought...enough that they want to really lock in all these new (because this game may have lost a bunch of existing players, but there are a lot of *new* players jumping on the bandwagon, now) customers. It certainly makes things more hopeful for the next game, as I have to admit I've found Olive Town to be deeply mediocre...I never fell in love with it the way I did the three previous new games (meaning not including the remake, which I liked even less than Olive Town.) Probably they'll include most of this stuff from the beginning, next time...the fans of previous games were pretty loud about what they felt was missing, and a lot of it was nearly unanimous.

I still think that Bokumono has probably been lost from my list of favourite series. But being that this is the first all-new game by this development team, I won't be 100% certain of that until I see the next game. I do think we'll get at least one more in the Switch's lifespan, as Nintendo only weeks ago reiterated that the Switch is currently right in the middle of it's life cycle. Of course, we've already heard that they have a remake underway, but I'm talking about new games only...remakes don't count, in my books.

I think I'm most curious about the ladder going down into the earth that will appear in two spots on your farm. I hope it's not just a shortcut between the first and third region. That'd be a good thing and all, but not very exciting. Really, this new update is making me most curious when I think about what it may mean for future games.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What are the chances that the ladder leads to a storage basement?
Lol I just think it’s a shortcut.