Himbos?

Poot Poot Poot! A mainline Bokumono game set in a resort town that wants to be more resort-y. Available for Nintendo Switch, Steam/PC, and Ps4/5. [ Game Guide ] JP release = Feb 2021. NA = Mar 2021. EU = Mar 2021.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Hi all just got this game I waited for all the dlc and updates to be out and honestly I don’t know too much about the characters.

I have a weakness for “himbo” (kind, strong, and just a little bit dumb) type characters and was wondering if anyone here knew if any of the bachelors somewhat fall into that category!

Thanks all!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

I'm going to be honest, I had to go Google the definition just to be sure, as I thought it was more a reference to vain/pretty boys who don't know much. (Think Alex in Stardew Valley.) I guess I was a little off, or instances I have heard the term used were off.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there's a bachelor that fits that description in Olive Town, at least from my perspective. In my opinion the bachelors are:

Ralph - The quiet guy who likes simple things and knows a lot about the forest (he's a ranger.)

Damon - Termed by some as the "nicer Neil". A little crabby, but not mean, and actually a smart guy.

Jack - The boring homebody (who I married btw as his personality and events reminded me a bit of my nerdy husband irl) who is into movies, media, and looking for ways to drum up business.

Iori - The former upper crust fellow, who has a well rounded education, tries to keep his life on the "down-low", and enjoys fishing for a hobby.

Emilio - The bubbly, life of the party guy who actually is a hard-working fisherman for his job. He is kind and smart, though a bit forgetful. I don't see him as flaky for his forgetfulness as much as I see some similarities to someone I actually know who has ADHD.

Neil - The jerky guy people love to hate from A New Beginning.

Reager - The cute restaurant owner/chef from the first SoS game. Cute, smart, and a good cook, viewed by some as the perfect man. :wink:

Ludus - The very good-looking, knowledgeable guy from Trio, who also can sew, build, and fix just about anything. A jack of all trades. Also viewed by some as the perfect man. :)

Of all the ones available, maybe Emilio might fit your bill the closest? You can always try some events to help you decide before you commit, though technically there is a divorce mechanic in this game, albeit a weird one.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:I'm going to be honest, I had to go Google the definition just to be sure, as I thought it was more a reference to vain/pretty boys who don't know much. (Think Alex in Stardew Valley.) I guess I was a little off, or instances I have heard the term used were off.

Anyway, I'm not sure if there's a bachelor that fits that description in Olive Town, at least from my perspective. In my opinion the bachelors are:

Ralph - The quiet guy who likes simple things and knows a lot about the forest (he's a ranger.)

Damon - Termed by some as the "nicer Neil". A little crabby, but not mean, and actually a smart guy.

Jack - The boring homebody (who I married btw as his personality and events reminded me a bit of my nerdy husband irl) who is into movies, media, and looking for ways to drum up business.

Iori - The former upper crust fellow, who has a well rounded education, tries to keep his life on the "down-low", and enjoys fishing for a hobby.

Emilio - The bubbly, life of the party guy who actually is a hard-working fisherman for his job. He is kind and smart, though a bit forgetful. I don't see him as flaky for his forgetfulness as much as I see some similarities to someone I actually know who has ADHD.

Neil - The jerky guy people love to hate from A New Beginning.

Reager - The cute restaurant owner/chef from the first SoS game. Cute, smart, and a good cook, viewed by some as the perfect man. :wink:

Ludus - The very good-looking, knowledgeable guy from Trio, who also can sew, build, and fix just about anything. A jack of all trades. Also viewed by some as the perfect man. :)

Of all the ones available, maybe Emilio might fit your bill the closest? You can always try some events to help you decide before you commit, though technically there is a divorce mechanic in this game, albeit a weird one.

Emilio sounds promising!

Funnily I did go for Alex in my first playthrough of stardew but did find him somewhat vain haha!

Thank you for your descriptions. I did just see that you can also date multiple people in at the same time in this game so I'll probably try to see as many events as I can!