Negative event path?

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
NightLightning
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

To Cher or anyone else- Cher, you answered my post about the Night Lightning event stating that it is part of a negative event “path” that players may go down. Which other events are part of this path? I’m a completionist and it’s been driving me a little crazy that I can’t activate certain events (night lightning, partner birthday, and Dad’s photo album). If there are even more events, I’d love to hear about them! Also, I’m curious in which books this info can be found. It’s pretty cool that even you are still discovering things about these games decades later and that you continue to share with us!
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

The paths tend to merge back and forth depending on the answers selected during events. The events for the girl protagonist tend to lead you down the marriage path with every positive answer, while the boy protagonist's chain of events is all over the place.

Here's some scans of each path from the Dengeki guide (ISBN 4-8402-1645-2 if you wanted to buy a copy). An image will make more sense than anything I can describe in words :lol:

Boy event path
Spoiler:
Girl event path
Spoiler:
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I am not OP but I am curious if you can translate that flowchart or have a translated copy? If not, can I download that picture and give it to a Japanese friend to do so?

Being they're not my scans I want to make sure it's OK before doing anything
NightLightning
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Cher, you’re incredible! Thank you for doing this!

I did look into the book after you first mentioned it but unfortunately I speak only English/Spanish. I would also be interested in an English translation as the other poster asked, if one is attainable :)

:)
Terdin
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I'm not that good at reading Japanese, but I think I can figure out which event is which, with the help of the fogu site.

Boy's event path:
1. Setting a goal
2. impossible dream
3. (not sure this is among the listed events. with the dialogue options being "sorry about yesterday" and "....")
4. Dad's letter
5. Night lightning
6. Birthday present
7. A serious question
8. Dad's photo album
9. (a forest event that doesn't seem to be listed among the events, with either choosing to stay or not)
10. Proposal
11. I guess this is the bad ending.

Girl's event path:
1. Setting a goal
2. Have some soup
3. Birthday present
4. Partner injury
5. An upset fellow
6. The Moonlight Pendant
7. The boy's dream
8. He discovers his dream
9. Proposal
10. bad ending as she finds out she can't handle the farm alone.