Infinite energy..?

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
BrokenCD
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I've been playing this on the VC, and I've just realized that I've never run out of energy. I spent that first day clearing the field, and was able to clear all of the weeds, and a few stones, before going to bed. My character never got tired! And this was AFTER planting the three seed packets! Since then, I've cleared both upper, and lower fields, and tilled half the upper field, and all but one of my tools is lvl2.. and I'm on Spring 7. Is this normal? Why do you even need the power berries, if energy isn't a problem?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

In my experience, both farmers can be pushed to exhaustion, but not often. The only issue I observed was sometimes if I worked the girl farmer too hard, she would be sick the next day. This never happened to the boy farmer. It was so irritating and not fair to my teen self! :x The powerberries did seem to help that a little.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I am pretty sure I was able to run out of energy if I watered all my crops and then did a ton of fodder cutting in this game. So I wouldn't say it is infinite, but it definitely is high; digging out that hot spring comes in handy later on if you want a full crop field before the boy waters it all. (I haven't played as a boy so I don't know if the energy requirements are harder or easier as him.)