Filling in puddles

Harvest Moon: Boy Meets Girl for Gameboy Color. [ Game Guide ]
Pochama_393
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I recently bought the game on Nintendo eShop and love it! Only problem I have is I can for the life of me figure out how to fill in the puddles you make with the shovel on the farm. It's very annoying and I was really hoping someone could answer this question.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Pochama_393 wrote:I recently bought the game on Nintendo eShop and love it! Only problem I have is I can for the life of me figure out how to fill in the puddles you make with the shovel on the farm. It's very annoying and I was really hoping someone could answer this question.
I meant to say can't!
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

It been awhile since I've played far enough in to be using the shovel much, like digging irrigation for the sprinkler, or further on digging a place for your rice paddies. I do think you can fill back in because I'm sure I've messed up digging before, I'm not 100 percent sure how though. I'm guessing you'd either need to use the hammer like on plowed field or toss rocks/lumber in the puddle. I'd have to dig out my 3ds to check for sure, but maybe you could try one of those things.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:It been awhile since I've played far enough in to be using the shovel much, like digging irrigation for the sprinkler, or further on digging a place for your rice paddies. I do think you can fill back in because I'm sure I've messed up digging before, I'm not 100 percent sure how though. I'm guessing you'd either need to use the hammer like on plowed field or toss rocks/lumber in the puddle. I'd have to dig out my 3ds to check for sure, but maybe you could try one of those things.
Thanks for the reply! I've tried using every tool in my inventory on the spot I want to cover and it doesn't do anything. Maybe I've done something wrong or you have to do it enough times. I've gotten rid of all the rocks on my farm so I wouldn't be able to try that.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

For curiosity sake, I went ahead and fired up the last file I had been playing to check. So the hammer does nothing to the puddles, but both rocks and lumber can be used to fill them in if you chuck them at the right spot. You could always chop more wood in the grassland and take it out of the lumber bin (next to the horse barn) as many times as you needed to fill in the holes.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

greensara wrote:For curiosity sake, I went ahead and fired up the last file I had been playing to check. So the hammer does nothing to the puddles, but both rocks and lumber can be used to fill them in if you chuck them at the right spot. You could always chop more wood in the grassland and take it out of the lumber bin (next to the horse barn) as many times as you needed to fill in the holes.
Thank you so much! Has been bothering for days that I couldn't fix certain spots and could not find a clear answer with a Google search!