Can't activate Mary's blue heart event

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I seem to be having trouble activating Mary's blue heart event in FoMT. I looked it up on the Harvest Moon wiki and I achieved everything to activate it: Mary's at a blue heart, I bought the biggest rucksack, I have an empty slot, and I saw all her other events. But when I go up to Mother's Hill, the event doesn't activate. Is there something I'm missing? I do hear that in order to marry Mary you need to get a kitchen, and at this point I don't have enough money to expand my house. So...am I missing something here?
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Are you trying to get the event on the correct time and day?
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yes. I went to Mother's Hill on Monday at the times the site specified, but even that didn't activate it.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hmm. Maybe it depends on the season too? What season are you in? You could always try again next season.

I've done some googling around, and some people seem to think that you need shelves in your house too. I'm not at all convinced that's the case, but it's worth a shot??

When you say you've activated all her other events, do you mean her black and purple events?
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yes, I did activate her black and purple heart events.

So as it turns out, I just need the shelves. Well, I just expanded my house and bought a refrigerator, so hopefully I'll get the shelves next and then be able to activate it. Thanks, guys! I'm loving the game so far! :)
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Okay, keep trying! You'll get there eventually. <3 It's super helpful to have shelves anyway when marriage candidates give you ~special items~ because you can't throw them away or anything.
Juliko
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Yes, I activated it! But now I can't seem to activate her Yellow heart event. Let me guess, do I need to expand my house again?

Edit: Never mind. I figured out what I did wrong and activated it.