Popuri missing on Church, Rose Square

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Playing again FoMT after a long time and Popuri is always missing on every Sundays of 'Summer' because I need to give her weeds
Wiki says every sunny Sunday she goes to Church and Rose Square but she's missing literally I can only find/see her when she goes walking back to her Poultry farm
Currently on Year 1. This did not happen in Spring season, I gave her weeds inside the Church at that time.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I just answered my own question... I forgot she goes to the beach on Summer! That's why the blue heart event cannot activate on Summer
:oops:
Sorry guys
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Haha mind if I ask why you keep giving her weeds? Are you trying to lower her heart level...?
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ Popuri actually likes weeds! No idea why, but it makes her easy to get gifts for early on anyway.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:^ Popuri actually likes weeds! No idea why, but it makes her easy to get gifts for early on anyway.
Oh wow, I didn't know that! And I've woo'ed her multiple times xD Ha, I had thought all characters didn't like weeds.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Yup weeds is the cheapest way to raise her heart level lol
I started giving her weeds since the beginning everyday except holidays but Ann was the first to change her heart level than Popuri, maybe because the Harvest Goddess magic raised Ann's love points greatly? But I started late in the Spring giving Ann spa boiled eggs after I farmed during the Spring Horse festival.
:o
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

If you picked Ann for the Goddess's heart level raise, then yeah, it makes sense she'd get boosted. It usually brings their heart up a level, at least if it was currently low.
It's also possible that Ann likes spa boiled eggs more than Popuri likes weeds, so there's that as well.
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I know - I wonder if Popuri liking weeds is an intentional little 'quirk' that the game designers added in or if it's just a weird oversight?? But whatever I always enjoy abusing it. ;D

Idk about FoMT, but in BTN Popuri only *likes* weeds, but Ann *loves* spa boiled eggs. But I think Popuri might like weeds more in FoMT than she does in BTN idk.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Wiki says that Popuri and Ann 'loved' weeds and spa-boiled egg respectively under the "Gift Preferences"
http://harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Popuri_(FoMT)
http://harvestmoon.wikia.com/wiki/Ann_(FoMT)
Popuri also loves egg, on the same level as weeds, I tried giving her eggs and her response was "Thanks I love it" but when giving weeds her response is always "Thank You"
Hmmmmm
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Hmmmmmm so after some DETECTIVE WORK I think we can maybe conclude that Popuri only 'likes' weeds??

Regardless, it's still a very cheap way to raise her affection I guess.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ooh yes, it sounds like she doesn't LOVE weeds then! Mystery solved haha, but I will keep that in mind for my next file! That frees up an extra flower I was unknowingly wasting on her!
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Another question, will the heart levels go down if I just stopped talking to them and giving them gifts?
I know littering and giving things they hate will, but what if I just stopped talking and giving gifts?
:?:
Will giving multiple gifts per day to befriend the villagers (except the bachelorettes) have the same effect as giving them the first gift?
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yes, if you stop talking to them, their heart level will go down. I found that out the hard way 9_9 you don't need to talk to them everyday, though. But I'd do at least a few times a week.

I believe that the second gift only counts for half of the friendship points as the first gift. They will only be affected by two gifts a day. (or at least, I read that years ago)
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

[quote="Terra575"][b]Yes, if you stop talking to them, their heart level will go down[/b]. I found that out the hard way 9_9 you don't need to talk to them everyday, though. But I'd do at least a few times a week.

I believe that the second gift only counts for half of the friendship points as the first gift. They will only be affected by two gifts a day. (or at least, I read that years ago)[/quote]

Oooh now I get it, I was about to give a gift to Karen inside the supermarket but I talked to her first and her heart level changed before giving the gift.
By talking you mean in their respective homes or it does not matter as long as I can talk to them even when they are in the springs, walking outside the town or wherever they are as long I can talk to them to prevent from their heart levels to go down?
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It doesn't matter where you're talking to them, as long as they can respond, then it counts for friendship points! I don't know how long you'd have to ignore them for them to lose a whole heart level, but as long as you talk to them a few times a week, you should be fine.
It's hard to lower their heart level without trying to, so you probably don't need to worry about it. The only time I lost a whole heart level was when I didn't talk to a character for a whole year.