I have a question about game lore

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
menethil21
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I hope its ok to ask these sort of question.

But in Sunshine Islands lore we found out that Karen married Rick (but whyyyy) and that Cliff married Ann. It is not mentioned that Elli is married with Trent, or Popuri with Kai.

So what happened to Pete? did he not exist in that universe?

And did their "descendant" in Harvest moon DS basically are destined to be with their respective match? which actually makes them 3rd or 4th cousins after a century?
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The timeline between the two games is pretty confusing (and has plot holes) so I don't blame you for asking!

I think Sunshine Islands implies that Pete/Jack existed, but didn't marry? Or is the main character supposed to be his descendant? :shock: In that case he could've married anyone, really.
ThatGirlRena
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

I think we're just left to assume that MC of FoMT married someone out of town, if any such marriage happened in the first place.

Or maybe he hooked up with Zack.
Kam
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

harvest goddess was also a bachelorette in fomt, so he might've married her. iirc, in sunshine islands she mentions that her spring is connected to ones from all over, so it's not impossible

though since witch princess is in si, the timeline might be following from hmds rather than fomt, so he could've married one of the valley girls
menethil21
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Considering the WP is immortal i think she probably exist in fomt timeline, just not designed yet. And daachan did exist in AWL, which i assume to be in fomt timeline, and he's probably one of her experiments.

Then again the clothing of fomt characters in SI seems to indicate that they come from the future.

Come to think of it in hmds there is mentioned a family of farmer for many generation, so they gotta be Pete's descendant. Perhaps he marry someone thats not one of the 5 main bachelorette? Or they could easily get widowed/divorced. And the Pete in hmds doesnt seem to be related to the family, or it could be that he's just down in the succession/relation.

It could be interesting if he sired a child with the goddess lol, so they're sort of demigod farmers bunch, provided she doesnt cheat him with kappa. It could explain why pete in hmds were so connected with the sprites/HG/WP etc. Its so confusing :?