Stack items in rucksack

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I recently got this game, and I have no clue how to stack multiple items in my rucksack! I still have the impossibly small one (2 slots for items and tools) and it would be a lot handier to be able to stack my ores and such on each other. How do I do this?
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

You can't, unfortunately. :( One of the downsides to the game. Later on, though, you'll be able to stack things in storage, but it'd be nice to carry stacks of items around with you.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Unrealistically large rucksacks didn't not become a regular thing until Harvest Moon DS.
PeachyKeen
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ugh this is such a nuisance! thanks for the help guys
Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

If you're just gathering items to sell, the basket can help some with that. It can hold up to 30 items, and you can then dump them all into the shipping bin. But it's kind of pricey, so I never got it, myself, and just favored buying a bigger bag. But even that only goes so far.

It's funny, the bag size never bothered me back when that was the new game. But now that we've got an exponentially larger pack, it'll be reeeeally difficult for me to go back and play MFoMT.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The basket is actually really useful early on. Probably a bit more than the expanded rucksacks.

You're less likely to have highly trained harvesting sprites, and you'll probably forage often, so having a way to carry 30 items together in the same basket to then sell them is a big help.

It's also useful for carrying valuable minerals and gems while in the mine, and to sell large amounts of jewelry from the horse race.
Cal
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

yeah, stacking isn't an option in this game but to be honest it's not that big of a deal for me at least. But like everyone else said, the basket is a real big help for you when you're foraging for money in the beginning of the game. But don't forget that whatever you put into the basket doesn't come out, unfortunately :/