Won's apple game code has been cracked! (screenshots added)

Harvest Moon: More Friends of Mineral Town for Gameboy Advance. [ Game Guide ]
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Here's a method that allows you to accurately predict the outcome of Won's apple game. Originally posted by Susa-Ann (thank you very much!!) in an older thread, I decided to write it open for easy access after testing the method and finding it fool-proof. Don't copy without permission from me or her. Happy Won exploiting! :)

04/22/2008 The following instruction clarifications and screenshots thanks to Verrine

Things to take note of:
  • - Please play the game at least once in order to make sense of this guide. It’s only 100G; you can earn much more back.

- Because of the ridiculously long names of the apples, they will be abbreviated as such.
    • Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful Apple = S
      Hyper Miracle Sweet Gorgeous Beautiful Apple = H
      Angel Eternal Pure Fresh Elegant Apple = A
    - Left, center and right will be abbreviated as L, C, and R respectively.
1. Here's how it goes. As the game start, this is the basic set up. Take note at the beginning as Won tells you the initial position of the apples.

For clarification purpose, I will run through a sample scenario. Take for example, the apple on the left, is the SUGDW apple. The apple in the center, is the HMSGB apple. The apple on the right, is the AEPFE apple.

2. Follow the left apple in each shuffle.

3. You need to follow the first 2 positions of the apple, and in some cases the final position, and that will determine the final order. In my scenario, he switched the apple we are keeping our eyes on from the left to the center. So, taking note, first position: Center.

4. Next, in the example, he switched the apple to the right. Taking note, second position: Right.

Note: As mentioned step 3, there are cases in which we must take note of the final position to determine the final order. The case arises when the first two positions are center, then right. In such cases, we must take note of the apple we are following all the way to the end, taking note of the final position.

(Special case)
5. In my situation, I have to follow the apple all the way to the end. In his final swap, he switched the center apple (The one I’m keeping my eye on), to the left. Hence, final position: Left.

In all other cases observing the first two positions is enough. It’s only when the first two positions are center, then right consecutively, then we should observe step 5 and follow the apple to its final position.

The steps can be summed up as following the left apple in the initial position as it goes along, taking note of the first and second position of the certain apple (And occasionally, the final position) as Won shuffle them.

From the scenario presented, my situation started out as SHA (Left apple, center apple, right apple). Keeping my eye on the left apple, the first position it moves to was C (Center). The second position was a move from the center to R (Right). Following all the way to the last swap, the apple moved from the center to L (Left).

Presenting the scenario in this format, SHA -> CR(L). By checking this information with the data provided, I can conclude that in the final position, the apples are place in the order, SAH. With the left apple being the SUGDW apple, the center apple being the AEPFE apple, and the right apple being the HMSGB apple.

The following data is in the format:

Starting order of the apples -> left apple first position, left apple second position, (left apple last position) -> Final order of the apples .

So, for example SHA->CR(C) -> HSA, means that the apples are in the order SHA before the shuffle, the left apple moves first to the center, then to the right, and eventually ends up in the center position. The final order is thus HSA, and you can answer Won correctly when he asks e.g. where the AEPFE apple is (right). After that, just locate the new starting order for the next round, HSA, and off you go.

----

SHA -> CR(L) -> SAH
SHA -> CR(C) -> HSA
SHA -> CR(R) -> HAS
SHA -> RC -> AHS
SHA -> CL -> ASH
SHA -> RL -> SHA

AHS -> CR(L) -> ASH
AHS -> CR(C) -> HAS
AHS -> CR(R) -> HSA
AHS -> RC -> SHA
AHS -> CL -> SAH
AHS -> RL -> AHS

ASH -> CR(L) -> AHS
ASH -> CR(C) -> SAH
ASH -> CR(R) -> SHA
ASH -> RC-> HSA
ASH -> CL -> HAS
ASH -> RL -> ASH

HAS -> CR(L) -> HSA
HAS -> CR(C) -> AHS
HAS -> CR(R) -> ASH
HAS -> RC -> SAH
HAS -> CL -> SHA
HAS -> RL -> HAS

HSA -> CR(L) -> HAS
HSA -> CR(C) -> SHA
HSA -> CR(R) -> SAH
HSA -> RC -> ASH
HSA -> CL -> AHS
HSA -> RL -> HSA

SAH -> CR(L) -> SHA
SAH -> CR(C) -> ASH
SAH -> CR(R) -> AHS
SAH -> RC -> HAS
SAH -> CL -> HSA
SAH -> RL -> SAH
Last edited by Lilangel on Apr 22, 2008 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
kairick<3
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

thanx it really works boy u sure do have allot of time on your hands
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Not really. By writing this out it saves me alot of time in the long run. I don't have to think "which apple was the left/center/right one again?" with each shuffle.
user226
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

---
Last edited by user226 on Aug 02, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gothicblackcat
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

wow! o O i hope that will help me...
Lady Nina
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

wow, amazing! ^-^ if i ever decide to buy the game, i will try it out! XD
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

user226 wrote:omg! it worked!! it worked like 20 times untill he did the HAS->CR(C)->AHS and asked me for angel and it said i was incorrect! :( maybe you should check up on that one...

OMFG! yay! :lol:
Hmm. That's what my notes say :? Are you sure you didn't lose track of the left apple or something? But I'll put a note about this, and the next time I play I'll double-check it.
user226
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

---
Last edited by user226 on Aug 02, 2019 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Double-checked my notes against Susa-Ann's original framework and my notes agree with it, so the error you got was probly you losing track of the apple.

I don't know if there is a fixed number of right guesses you have to get, and I haven't counted, but it is around 10 anyways.
kairick<3
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

im lazy so lilangel u think you can cook up a key to the harvest goddess thing it'll take a while!
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

kairick<3 wrote:im lazy so lilangel u think you can cook up a key to the harvest goddess thing it'll take a while!
The number guessing game around new year? I don't know if there is a pattern for it. What I use is probability. If she says 7, it's more likely that the number will be smaller, but it could be larger as well. The best I've gotten is 13 guesses, on a very lucky streak. If anyone else can crack the code then I'm all ears as well :wink:
kairick<3
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

lol yeah I just wonder how people get so far on that the highest ive gotten was 8
pokemama
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Won gives you a Mystery Flower (I think that's what we call it, it doesn't have a name on the game) after exactly 10 correct guesses. Always.

Erm, what (if anything) do you get for giving the H Goddess 10 of the Mystery Flowers from Won? After you give her one she says to give her 9 more, but she says what she gives won't be worth money ... so what is it?
Kuponutty
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Actually, after throwing 10 mystery flowers into the pond, the goddess will give you what's called 'Goddess Gift' which looks like another flower. You can sell it to Won for 1 million G.
Lilangel
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thanks for confirming that getting the flower requires 10 guesses. Sometimes it seems to take forever, and sometimes I ge the flower in no time at all, so the number of guesses seemed to be around 10 for me instead of the same every time. I never counted anything.

The "this is not valuable" is just an extreme hoax, the Goddess should be sued! Or one million G is just pocket change in her eyes.. :shock: The gift looks exactly like the pressed flower you get from Elli in FoMT.

I've gotten 4 of the Goddess Gifts waiting in my cabinet.. that's 4 Million G! I want to make my first Million without exploiting Won, but then I'll sell all the money-giving stuff I have loaded my cabinet with.