LRK Help, Catching Fish

A fishing RPG that's older than Harvest Moon. Current games include River King 1 (GB/3DS VC), River King 2 (GBC/3DS VC), River King Advanced (GBA), A Wonderful Journey (Ps2), and Mystic Valley (DS)
Dragoonwing
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

So I bought Legend of the Riger King on the eShop, and I can't seem to catch the fish all of a sudden. I used to play when I was younger, so I understand how the mechanics work, but the trout always get away with the bait. It seems no matter how many times I've waited for trout to tire, as soon as I attempt to real them in after they stop moving, I lose the bait and the trout swims away. Doesn't matter what size hook I use or bait type, they always swim away when I attempt to reel them in after they stop moving. Heck sometimes the trout will swim away and break the line and I don't even get a chance to real it in! Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Typically if a fish just slips loose it is because of the wrong size of hook. You might have better results with using a fly rod instead of the standard bait/hook.