LRK1: How Do I Fish Exactly?

A fishing RPG that's older than Harvest Moon. Current games include River King 1 (GB/3DS VC), River King 2 (GBC/3DS VC), River King Advanced (GBA), A Wonderful Journey (Ps2), and Mystic Valley (DS)
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hello,

So I recently bought the first two RK games on the eshop, but I'm having trouble with the basic mechanics. I've tried a few hooks and baits in a few different spots, and have gotten a few fish to the underwater scene. But the guides all say to not hit A until they stop swimming, and the fish never stop swimming! They just get away.

Am I using the wrong size hook or bait or something? Tapping A to get them to stop swimming just seems to have them break the line and get away as well.

Thank you!
Cherubae
UNoT Dictator
UNoT Dictator

Post  Posted:

Yes, the basic hook/bait system is fairly finicky. Often you'll get stuck catching a fish that doesn't fit on the hook. It gets better once you move on to fly fishing.
Melody Muse
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Cherubae wrote:Yes, the basic hook/bait system is fairly finicky. Often you'll get stuck catching a fish that doesn't fit on the hook. It gets better once you move on to fly fishing.
Thank you very much! Im glad it's not just me missing something then.