Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 22, 2020 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

« I can't make my own decisions about » River King Mystic Valley?
Yes,it is a good game! 48%  48%  [ 20 ]
Save your money! 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
It is alright,not great but not bad either. 38%  38%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 42
Moonbeam
  Post subject: Should I or should I not?
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:48 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

« I can't make my own decisions about » River King(DS)or should I save my money?I have never played any River King games before.Sooooo........

HM number 1 fan
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:56 am 
Anonymous Fish

Puppy no!! I wastied my money also Save up for a PS2!!!

Moonbeam
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2008 10:58 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

HM number 1 fan wrote:
Puppy no!! I wastied my money also Save up for a PS2!!!
Will do.But I want to hear other people's opinions before I decide though.And please call me Moonbeam. :wink:

Miss Kate 29
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 12, 2008 4:35 pm 
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

I liked the DS version....but i hafta agree wait for the PS2 version.

Its really nothing like HM except for the fishing....at least i think so.

its still fun though

Moonbeam
  Post subject:
Post Posted: Feb 13, 2008 3:44 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Hmmmm.I just want to hear a few more answers then I will decide.Eventually. :roll:

FFTidus
Post Posted: May 01, 2008 12:43 am 
Anonymous Fish

I realy like it and so does my mom and she barely plays ds games exept for mario bros, proffesor layton and the brain train thingies.

Its adicting so I say yes buy it :lol:

piichan
Post Posted: May 01, 2008 8:02 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

it's more slow-paced than harvest moon, and can get boring at times. it's ok, but it really depends if you like fishing games.

maybe you should try watching some gameplay videos to help you decide :)

tots45
Post Posted: May 03, 2008 11:55 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh yeah, I'd say get it, it's a Great Series, and such a Shame we don't see as many releases of the Game and the Japanese have...

But yeah, it's a great Fishing RPG, with a pretty cool Pet System in it aswell!!!

Pumpkin Queen
Post Posted: May 04, 2008 2:40 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

This could be a very difficult game to find. So far, only Best Buy seems to be selling it. If you're at all interested you better get it while you can, if you can find a copy at all! I got mine at Best Buy and I'm keeping it as a collector's item.

tots45
Post Posted: May 04, 2008 6:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Pumpkin Queen wrote:
This could be a very difficult game to find. So far, only Best Buy seems to be selling it. If you're at all interested you better get it while you can, if you can find a copy at all! I got mine at Best Buy and I'm keeping it as a collector's item.

Hmmmm, I was at my Local Gamestop today(5/4/2008) and I asked my buddy that works there to search stores in other States and he said that Texas' Gamestops and EB Games have Legend of the River King - Mystic Vally in stock, just some of the shipments in other states are taking a little longer to get to their stores for some unknown reason, but they will get the game in Stock very soon!!!

Wasuredani
Post Posted: May 07, 2008 9:01 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Well, if you still haven't decided yet, here's what I have to say. It's a good laid-back game. I play it when I want a break from Harvest Moon DS: Cute. Fishing with the touch screen was a little tricky for me at first, but I got used to it, soon enough. The characters are really cute too... probably made by the same art director as the HM DS games. I don't think the names of the characters have been changed for the English version, since they all seem to be Japanese... and that's pretty rare for Natsume!

I don't know if it's worth the $30. You could probably find another DS title that would be worth your money, but if you decide to go for this one, you probably wouldn't regret it. The Harvest Moon looking characters are what sold me :) . But then again, I don't know if you're the type of gamer who would go for an even more laid back game than Harvest Moon. Just remember that this game is all about fishing. It's definitely not as "social" as Harvest Moons tend to go.

Hope that helps!

Innsmouth_resident
Post Posted: May 08, 2008 1:08 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I just bought it used at Tsutaya yesterday, for a whopping 1500 yen. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but it sounds quite fun, and definitely a bit more relaxed. I'm hoping to get to a chance to play it if I need a break from RF2.

Speaking of which, I haven't read the manual yet, so how does the touch screen fishing work? Is it like Zelda where you have to reel the fish in like using an actual fishing rod?

Tiny fish
  Post subject: Re:
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2008 10:24 am 
Anonymous Fish

Miss Kate 29 wrote:
I liked the DS version....but i hafta agree wait for the PS2 version.

Its really nothing like HM except for the fishing....at least i think so.

its still fun though
ps2 version :?: :?: :?:

Tiny fish
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2008 10:29 am 
Anonymous Fish

Wasuredani wrote:
Well, if you still haven't decided yet, here's what I have to say. It's a good laid-back game. I play it when I want a break from Harvest Moon DS: Cute. Fishing with the touch screen was a little tricky for me at first, but I got used to it, soon enough. The characters are really cute too... probably made by the same art director as the HM DS games. I don't think the names of the characters have been changed for the English version, since they all seem to be Japanese... and that's pretty rare for Natsume!

I don't know if it's worth the $30. You could probably find another DS title that would be worth your money, but if you decide to go for this one, you probably wouldn't regret it. The Harvest Moon looking characters are what sold me :) . But then again, I don't know if you're the type of gamer who would go for an even more laid back game than Harvest Moon. Just remember that this game is all about fishing. It's definitely not as "social" as Harvest Moons tend to go.

Hope that helps!
i got it for $15 new laaakey

lordbahamut
Post Posted: Sep 08, 2008 12:54 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

I got it for 18 bucks at Wal-Mart. So far, I like it. But it is a crappy game. XD Oh well, I still like it. 6/10 for now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next