Best Introduction to HM?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Terra575 wrote:
Getaris wrote:At this point it's best to assume that they don't :lol:
Yeah I don't think I know anyone who has one!

I'm pleasantly surprised most people are saying M/FoMT. Those are my favourite, but I wasn't sure if I was biased by recommending that one. Like Getaris said, it's a shame it's expensive now. :/
I feel like the odd one out now then lmao.
Do you find it's a good console?
theboysareback
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I think animal parade. Most people I know have a wii and its the best wii hm game imo
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

theboysareback wrote:I think animal parade. Most people I know have a wii and its the best wii hm game imo
I agree with this
M/FoMT is probably a better game than AP, but AP is more similar to the recent games.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Terra575 wrote:
ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Terra575 wrote:

I'm pleasantly surprised most people are saying M/FoMT. Those are my favourite, but I wasn't sure if I was biased by recommending that one. Like Getaris said, it's a shame it's expensive now. :/

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and it can be used to play Wii/Wii U/Virtual Console games.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

« I Love Harris! » why are you guys suggesting DS as a starting game? That game is filled with bugs and glitches you wanna screw the « new farmer » out of fun??? lol
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anonymous Fish wrote:« I Love Harris! » why are you guys suggesting DS as a starting game? That game is filled with bugs and glitches you wanna screw the « new farmer » out of fun??? lol
I don't know since I don't have that one. However I have DS cute and I hated it. I'm assuming because it's supposed to be easy from the start.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:« I Love Harris! » why are you guys suggesting DS as a starting game? That game is filled with bugs and glitches you wanna screw the « new farmer » out of fun??? lol
I don't know since I don't have that one. However I have DS cute and I hated it. I'm assuming because it's supposed to be easy from the start.
If you hated it, it probably wouldn't be the best one to convince someone to check out the rest of the series, lol
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I dunno, when you get past the bugs (or if you get Cute instead), it's pretty much Friends of Mineral Town DX: Gaiden.
:|

I mean, the gameplay is the same, you have simple controls, a lot of variety in characters crops and animals, poker, a lot of events, several minigames, poker, many many objectives to keep you busy, multiple mines, poker, your child grows past toddler... And you can play poker.

As much as I like to say it's bad, I actually enjoy it a lot. :lol:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Seems somebody likes poker. ;)
The Ninja
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Terra575 wrote:
ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Terra575 wrote:

I've thoroughly enjoyed it, and it can be used to play Wii/Wii U/Virtual Console games.
Same, I feel the Wii U's really underrated.
Terra575
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Getaris wrote:I dunno, when you get past the bugs (or if you get Cute instead), it's pretty much Friends of Mineral Town DX: Gaiden.
:|

I mean, the gameplay is the same, you have simple controls, a lot of variety in characters crops and animals, poker, a lot of events, several minigames, poker, many many objectives to keep you busy, multiple mines, poker, your child grows past toddler... And you can play poker.

As much as I like to say it's bad, I actually enjoy it a lot. :lol:
It sounds like I should give the Cute version a shot then, I only tried the boy one and didn't really enjoy it.
Getaris
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The one thing that bothers me about Cute is how the lowercase k looks weirdly big compared to the other lowercase characters.

For some reason, they redid all the fonts and reretranslated the game, why? I dunno.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

ToT/AP, in my opinion. Not sure if they have a wii, but imo it was the pinnacle of the Wada-era (pretty sure it Wada was around). Unfortunately it didn't do well in sales, but it was a great game.

(M)FoMT and/or A(n)WL are well loved, but not my cup of tea, personally.

Otherwise, you could start them with SoS? Getting into the older games might be harder if you start with newer, but I'm sure Marv is planning to release a Bokumono title for the Switch, relatively soon.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Later copies don't have them actually. It's just the first run of them.

Honestly somehow even with a glitched copy I missed every really bad one. Couldn't marry HG or WP but that was the worst I got.
Tiptoze
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'd say Animal Parade is a good pick. It's cute with a nice cast, good visuals (the sunsets especially!), relaxing music, not too diffucult but still enough to make you work for stuff, and time DOESN'T PASS AT 90 MPH. :shock: