What Do You Hate in all HMs?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.

What Do You Hate?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Especially if the item is hard to gather.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Genie9 wrote:I just got ToTT yesterday, and I loathe the introductions. They are so long, and unnecessary. I just wish we could have the option to skip them over.
I think we all in agreement, that the tutorials can be a little too long in most games.
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon Kid wrote: I think we all in agreement, that the tutorials can be a little too long in most games.
If i had three wishes from a genie, one of them would be for everyone who went through ANB's tutorials to get their time back.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yuuya wrote:
Harvest Moon Kid wrote: I think we all in agreement, that the tutorials can be a little too long in most games.
If i had three wishes from a genie, one of them would be for everyone who went through ANB's tutorials to get their time back.
Seem like in ANB, the tutorials are a month long which is insane.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yuuya wrote:
Um......yeah. Seriously. Reason why I never started a second file.
Yuuya
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Harvest Moon Kid wrote: Seem like in ANB, the tutorials are a month long which is insane.
Yeah, it totally is. It also doesn't help the npc's move like geriatric turtles with hernia.
Shan O 123 wrote: Um......yeah. Seriously. Reason why I never started a second file.
ikr i was so excited to started to guy file at first too
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Yuuya wrote:
Harvest Moon Kid wrote: Seem like in ANB, the tutorials are a month long which is insane.
Yeah, it totally is. It also doesn't help the npc's move like geriatric turtles with hernia.
Shan O 123 wrote: Um......yeah. Seriously. Reason why I never started a second file.
ikr i was so excited to started to guy file at first too
I love ANB, it's has catchy music (that get stucked in my head) but dear « Harvest Goddess » the tutorial I do regret it sometimes just starting over another gameplay.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Very good point. :lol: Thinking about it now the length of the tutorial segment is what keeps me from coming back to play again. It's been AGES since I've touched ANB.

Maybe having no tutorial by default and instead having some sort of optional Dessie-generated magical tutorial area would be better. There are some people who genuinely get overwhelmed by the amount of STUFF in the new games, so there has to be something for them. (Having an area where time is stopped could be nice too...)
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:Very good point. :lol: Thinking about it now the length of the tutorial segment is what keeps me from coming back to play again. It's been AGES since I've touched ANB.

Maybe having no tutorial by default and instead having some sort of optional Dessie-generated magical tutorial area would be better. There are some people who genuinely get overwhelmed by the amount of STUFF in the new games, so there has to be something for them. (Having an area where time is stopped could be nice too...)
Besides, having the only time stop by entering the house (like in some other HM games) would be amazing and instead of using the home button or closing our 3ds to stop it would be greatly improved in all games.
I agree on that Mikodesu.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

None of them really bother me a whole lot, but I chose the littering penalties since I’ll either forget they exist, or miss what I was aiming at and litter on accident, and the animals dying cause I get attached and get a little anxious about it when I know it’s coming.

It hit me after choosing that while I don’t mind regular marriage requirements, I was pretty annoyed when going for reverse confessions and proposals in ANB and SoS. And the special candidate requirements can be ridiculous sometimes.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:None of them really bother me a whole lot, but I chose the littering penalties since I’ll either forget they exist, or miss what I was aiming at and litter on accident, and the animals dying cause I get attached and get a little anxious about it when I know it’s coming.

It hit me after choosing that while I don’t mind regular marriage requirements, I was pretty annoyed when going for reverse confessions and proposals in ANB and SoS. And the special candidate requirements can be ridiculous sometimes.
Robinstar, littering is probably one of my strongly dislike in the game series. Having animals dying is one of the worst because I do get attached to them as well it really does sucks when that time happens. I think the reason why I always give them a ring first to begin with was because of all the crazy requirements of just marrying my favorite candidates.
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

PaleSunflower wrote:I personally dislike the marriage requirements the most. Guessing when, where, and what's needed to activate a love interest's heart events is difficult, especially if you need to have a certain item in your bag to start the event, and the game itself gives you no hints about the heart events. Even if you do look up the location, time, and requirements for a character's heart event, sometimes the event won't trigger. In that case, you have to try activating the heart event until the game allows you experience it. You can't marry unless you see all of the ones associated with your character of choice, so it's not as if you can skip the one that is particularly hard for you to trigger (or one you particularly dislike) for one reason or another.
If only, that was an optional we could skip some heart events. Sorry it took long for me reply I tried too get everyone the best I could.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

IMO no s/s marriage options.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:IMO no s/s marriage options.
Spoiler:
Harvest Moon Kid
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:
Blue Rose wrote:IMO no s/s marriage options.
Spoiler:
If only, talking and finishing their requests where an option instead of completing heart events. And have like an certain % of Lps and Fps instead so you can marry them like that without doing the events and I guess the same if they have extended family in the game.