Your top 5 HM/SoS Bachelors.

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Guess I don't find depressed people that attractive then... I had depression in 2018 but I've been on medication for about half a year and I feel a lot better now, even then I had to find a job and go to school but *shrugs* that's life huh.

You know what's funny about Chase...? I legit thought he was a girl when the first pictures of him came out in Famitsu, but when I realized he was a guy and actually saw him ingame I really liked him LOL. I'm glad I was wrong because he was cute as a girl but I find him cuter as a guy.
FoolishGhoul
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

@Shan: damn right he did. that homeless "should be a nature documentary guy" owed me a husband and he delivered
Anonymous Fish wrote:Guess I don't find depressed people that attractive then... I had depression in 2018 but I've been on medication for about half a year and I feel a lot better now, even then I had to find a job and go to school but *shrugs* that's life huh.

You know what's funny about Chase...? I legit thought he was a girl when the first pictures of him came out in Famitsu, but when I realized he was a guy and actually saw him ingame I really liked him LOL. I'm glad I was wrong because he was cute as a girl but I find him cuter as a guy.
Hey good for you! I'm really happy you're doing better. And it's ok, that might be why he seemed whiny to you! You were able to take care of yourself and get better so seeing a character not as independent as yourself was probably a turnoff and thats ok! Just glad you're doing better.

And omg Chase is such an « Mr.Gourmet's hat » I love him lol. He could be cute as a boy or a girl, whatever floats peoples boats. Love my orange loving chef smart « Mr.Gourmet's hat »
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

1. Gustafa

2. Joe (RFToD)

3. Wizard

4. Ray (MM)

Damn, I don't even have five. I guess I'm hard to please, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I didn't really have 5, either. Heck, I didn't even have 3. I was honest in my ranking and all, but Nadi, Ford and Ludus were just added to fill in the spots...I don't actually think of them as favourites. They're just at the top of my 'bachelors I liked but didn't love' list. Only Sanjay really counts for me...and Yuzuki comes close enough to counting that I feel okay about calling him an actual favourite. My first list is my genuine favourites list, lol. For serious.

There aren't a lot of bachelors I really dislike, mind you. Even ones I have no desire to dedicate a file to, like Fritz or Hinata...I don't dislike them, I'm just completely lacking interest in them. I guess it takes a lot both to make me love a bachelor, and to hate one.
white66

Post  Posted:

^Honestly, most of my favorites are only that because they make me laugh. Joe is the only one I can honestly say I might be attracted to if he were real.

I dislike plenty of bachelors though.

I guess I'm more of a fighter than a lover after all :lol:
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:@Shan: damn right he did. that homeless "should be a nature documentary guy" owed me a husband and he delivered
And welcome to this week’s reality show: “homeless boy with a choice”. On this week’s episode—and /slapped.

Man if I had the proper game.......lol
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:^Honestly, most of my favorites are only that because they make me laugh. Joe is the only one I can honestly say I might be attracted to if he were real.

I'm more of a big shlump of nothing in particular, ha ha. I'm indifferent to most things rather than loving or hating them.

Bachelors become favourites for me when I meet them and a backstory and details just jump into my head, surrounding them in a whole, full world. Even if the game doesn't fill those details in, the characters I love most inspire me instantly with ideas about who they are, that get more detailed and interesting as the game progresses.

That happened in spades with Sanjay (and with Amir, in a way, since to me Amir is Sanjay's important accessory, lol.) I dreamt up entire novels about him, without even meaning to, and am still interested in the ideas that came up because of him.

To put it more simply, the best bachelors for me are the ones who make me want to write novel-length fan fiction. :) It doesn't happen often, but I'm always looking forward to having it happen again, thinking that maybe the next game will introduce me to the next character who hits me that hard. Here's hoping! :)
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:
white66 wrote:^Honestly, most of my favorites are only that because they make me laugh. Joe is the only one I can honestly say I might be attracted to if he were real.

I'm more of a big shlump of nothing in particular, ha ha. I'm indifferent to most things rather than loving or hating them.

Bachelors become favourites for me when I meet them and a backstory and details just jump into my head, surrounding them in a whole, full world. Even if the game doesn't fill those details in, the characters I love most inspire me instantly with ideas about who they are, that get more detailed and interesting as the game progresses.

That happened in spades with Sanjay (and with Amir, in a way, since to me Amir is Sanjay's important accessory, lol.) I dreamt up entire novels about him, without even meaning to, and am still interested in the ideas that came up because of him.

To put it more simply, the best bachelors for me are the ones who make me want to write novel-length fan fiction. :) It doesn't happen often, but I'm always looking forward to having it happen again, thinking that maybe the next game will introduce me to the next character who hits me that hard. Here's hoping! :)
Have you ever written fic for Sanjay? At first I just liked his design, but after I saw fan art based on a certain fic, I read the fic, watched his events and post-marriage stuff, and became really interested in him. I feel like you’d write some really good stuff since it’d clearly be a labor of love for you!

I personally can’t think of any bachelors I really hate (other than Toby from ToT when I was younger for some reason, and that’s changed since I’ve replayed it). Most of the time there’s just people I wouldn’t marry because I’m not interested in them at all for one reason or another.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

gossipstone wrote:
Kikki wrote:

Have you ever written fic for Sanjay? At first I just liked his design, but after I saw fan art based on a certain fic, I read the fic, watched his events and post-marriage stuff, and became really interested in him. I feel like you’d write some really good stuff since it’d clearly be a labor of love for you!

I personally can’t think of any bachelors I really hate (other than Toby from ToT when I was younger for some reason, and that’s changed since I’ve replayed it). Most of the time there’s just people I wouldn’t marry because I’m not interested in them at all for one reason or another.
Spoiler:
Toby reminded me too much of Gin from Bleach when I saw him and made me unreasonably angry on sight. :lol:
Somehow I went from caring a ton about the candidates to not so much. I know a chunk is personal changes, but not sure why they happened. Made it really hard to make my own list honestly. :lol:
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

white66 wrote:1. Gustafa

2. Joe (RFToD)

3. Wizard

4. Ray (MM)

Damn, I don't even have five. I guess I'm hard to please, lol.
Spoiler:
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

FoolishGhoul wrote:
ChaosAzerothCat wrote:
Anonymous Fish wrote:I liked Cliff in HM64 and my like...10ish year old self fell in love almost immediately but in FoMT he was so pitiful I got over him... Too "woe is me" and needs YOU to tell him about a job or he leaves... wat. LOOK FOR A JOB CLIFF.
He's depressed, as far as I can gather. Genuinely depressed.

He probably should look there, but I'm guessing it seems so overwhelming to him and he has no idea where to start.

I'l admit I kinda went wait why are they telling me about this but he doesn't know, but I believe that's why he has so many issues.
Yeah I kind of get where you're coming from, but I do have to agree that he probably is just in a dark place and doing anything like finding a job seems like way too much for him to handle and he wouldn't be able to do well at it or something. I'm also just more sympathetic since I've been there but thats more of me today. When I was younger playing this I just thought he was cute and I was like "ha I got you a job now you owe me" Lol
This makes me want to replay MFoMT to see if I have a different perspective of the characters compared to 10+ years ago, or see who I relate to now that I'm the same age-ish as the characters. I was just like Ghoul when I was younger; I thought he was cute and wanted to make him happy and stay in town, so I got him a job. It honestly didn't cross my mind that Cliff could be depressed then.

Like now, I'm playing ANB and just unlocked Soseki. I've seen how many people are bothered at how he keeps on implying he's old, but I honestly can relate with him; it's like he's a tired millenial with an old soul. I mean, whenever I'm around high school/college students (how old is the MC supposed to be anyway), I feel that I'm old even if we're just 2-4 years apart just because I already work and don't have the same enthusiasm they have lol
white66

Post  Posted:

I just realized that none of my faves have like... jobs.

So I guess I do have low standards but they're a very specific kind of low, lol.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

gossipstone wrote:Have you ever written fic for Sanjay? At first I just liked his design, but after I saw fan art based on a certain fic, I read the fic, watched his events and post-marriage stuff, and became really interested in him. I feel like you’d write some really good stuff since it’d clearly be a labor of love for you!
I have, but only a very simple piece that took all of Sanjay's events (including his introduction when he moves into town with Amir) and rewrote them with the MC's perspective added, as well as showing the parts that get omitted from those very short scenes. (Such as what happens when Sanjay walks the MC home after forcing her to go to the doctor about her injured finger...what they see and talk about and so on.) All the dialogue that's in the event is kept in with almost complete accuracy, though, just some additions, so it's very much based on the actual events.

It was fun working on it, and then I got interested in adding more to the framework around the events, from how the MC becomes interested in Sanjay to them ending up married, but I haven't finished it. Fan fiction that I write just for my own amusement tends to come as a low priority when 'things to do' are getting done, y'know? :)
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

^
FanFiction.Net *cough*
GossipQureen
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

1. Neil.
2. Cam.