Any HM/RF characters you dislike?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
quigley
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, I remember disliking Gunther too because he forces you to do all the actual carpentry. Like, all he does is supervise, apparently. He makes you pay ridiculous prices just so he can tell you what to do.

I hadn't even seen the event with him and Corona; now I dislike him even more.

Not a big fan of Daryl in 3oT, for not believing in his child and being such a jerk about it. His "tough love" didn't really teach the MC anything; the real love and support they got from the rest of their family was far more helpful.

...also, his giant hands are weird.
Robinstar
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I remember when I still wasn’t sure about who I wanted to marry in my second file, so I just decided I should find out what their events were like since it was such a tough decision. Michelle was in consideration until I found out what she was really like. I know she has a few fans, though I can’t remember if any are around here or not, and I’m confused as to why cause none have really explained it before. I’m assuming a more severe version of why I love Allen? Maybe? Pretty sure I’ve got everyone’s friendships up in my first file as a girl just from going to festivals for years, and I don’t think there have been any signs of her being evil, but I don’t talk to her much.

Oh, forgot about 3oT Daryl. Yeah, definitely don’t like him much either. I don’t think that’s how parenting is supposed to work. That’s just being crazy.
AWESOMEGAMER
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

HMTOT-Jin :-( ugggghhhh
HMANB- yea the hairdresser Allen I think. He has some issues |The Harvest Goddess :-0, Alice
RF4-Jones (and his wife sometimes) :-/ they were just too much, extra over everything
RFF- The guy who sells furniture and house upgrades :-O there was this dialogue about something simple that lasted foooooorever :/ and I wasn't buying stuff :-/
RFToD- I forgot
HMSV- Sam |this guy is just all around greedy | The Underworld King he apparently looks down on surface dwellers| The Harvest sprite purple :-/
SoS3- Ford he reminds of Jin (whatever those doctors are)
Sir Stardust
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Robinstar wrote:I remember when I still wasn’t sure about who I wanted to marry in my second file, so I just decided I should find out what their events were like since it was such a tough decision. Michelle was in consideration until I found out what she was really like. I know she has a few fans, though I can’t remember if any are around here or not, and I’m confused as to why cause none have really explained it before. I’m assuming a more severe version of why I love Allen? Maybe? Pretty sure I’ve got everyone’s friendships up in my first file as a girl just from going to festivals for years, and I don’t think there have been any signs of her being evil, but I don’t talk to her much.

Oh, forgot about 3oT Daryl. Yeah, definitely don’t like him much either. I don’t think that’s how parenting is supposed to work. That’s just being crazy.
Dated her, but never got around to finishing that file. I liked her more for being something totally different than for her personality. Same with Allen, I guess. Their awfulness always made me laugh, though I can see how it would be a giant turn-off.
princesscrazy
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Rick. That's all I have, honestly
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

AWESOMEGAMER wrote:HMTOT-Jin :-( ugggghhhh
HMANB- yea the hairdresser Allen I think. He has some issues |The Harvest Goddess :-0, Alice
RF4-Jones (and his wife sometimes) :-/ they were just too much, extra over everything
RFF- The guy who sells furniture and house upgrades :-O there was this dialogue about something simple that lasted foooooorever :/ and I wasn't buying stuff :-/
RFToD- I forgot
HMSV- Sam |this guy is just all around greedy | The Underworld King he apparently looks down on surface dwellers| The Harvest sprite purple :-/
SoS3- Ford he reminds of Jin (whatever those doctors are)
I used to really not like Sam too, but he grew on me somehow. Same with Dewy tbh. Underworld King just gives me whiplash, like they mention events that happened in previous games, and yet he somehow forgets that he started trusting people more and stuff... Right..... Kinda feels like they just wanted him to be the bad guy honestly, because playing all the games it really makes no sense why he's still that much of a jerk. I get the reason for his actions in Light of Hope is a little different than The Lost Valley, and he's just a jerk in Skytree and not the bad guy, but still he seems to never actually learn anything. It's like some Saturday morning kids cartoons stuff or something. :lol:

Mithra really annoyed me, along with Moriya honestly. They're just mean to people who are basically more helpless, and only want to be helpful and do good work. I don't like Michelle either, honestly.About why people might be fans though... Since she's a fictional character, I chalk people being fans up to people like dynamics in fiction that they really wouldn't like IRL. And besides, there really are some people who enjoy being used and talked to like that for some reason.

I don't hate her as much, after seeing what depression can really do to people, but Karen in HM 64 really cheesed me off. I mean, there's that event in the bar that just really seemed really mean and nasty.

Brodik is just annoying IMO. I used to dislike Carter in AWL, but I'm not sure why anymore tbh. I feel like they made Flora kinda mean in DS/Cute though, which I found disappointing. Speaking of DS, I agree that Witch Princess wanting animals to die really made me not like her. (I did marry her in A New Beginning though, since she didn't require animal death.)

And not really a I don't like the character, but Gombe cheeses me off because the shop says it opens at 10 and yet he doesn't start moving to the counter until 10. It opens about 10 minutes later. Why? So frustrating! And don't give me the 'well he's an old man', he talks about getting in trouble for sliding down the banisters at the mayor's office or whatever you'd call it. He's perfectly capable of opening when he says he's open, or having the right time on his sign! :lol:

Actually all the shop people besides Cam cheese me off for not being open when it rains. Cam works out in the rain for crying out loud! A storm is one thing, but when the only person who works outside is open when every other shop where people work INDOORS OUT OF THE RAIN is closed over a little rain... What's their excuses? :lol:
gossipstone
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

The only one I can really think of is Doctor from MFoMT. I liked him enough to marry him at one point, but I guess his child-falling-out-of-bed event rubbed me the wrong way, and I’ve avoided him since. Also not a fan of his relationship with Elli. I feel like part of it may just be an old prejudice, though, so I think it’d be more accurate to say that I just wouldn’t marry him again!
runefactor
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really really hate Illuminata too.

I also remember really disliking Neil from ANB. He had such a cute rockstar design but he looked like he wanted to kill you in his normal portrait and if you talked to him in his shop and didn't buy anything he was really rude.

I don't think of anyone else right now. I guess everyone else that I ever disliked turned into characters I'm indifferent about.
AWESOMEGAMER
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Harvest goddes :Tale of two towns
Yeah I legit h8 her and I typically love all harvest godddess
She closed the tunnel because of yelling now I/we/us *the player* have to work for that and now it's to much work to put back together *coughs lazy*
I like achements but every time I blink dont interrupt me, you stop me, I have to go back and do what ever it is I was doing.
That other town most residents : y'all rude y'all know that is why I didn't move there *Ina* and y'all yell *creppy panda dude*
EVERY SHOP OWNER :rain :get to work dude is in the rain no umbrella if he can do it so can you,I'm working,why some of y'all have 3d off
Harvest moon sky tree village :Dewey you want some cheese with that wine
I get I do I like jokes * you see what i did there* but water my stuff or cry me a real river because I relly do need one