Thoughts on Doraemon SoS game?

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

If this has already been made a topic, then I'm very sorry mods.

I personally don't think I'll pick it up since I don't dig Doraemon's art style. If it has some really neat gameplay though, I might get it used. Any Doraemon super fans here? I'd love to hear your thoughts. :lala:
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It does have a topic, but it's on the 'All Other Harvest Moon' board, here. Personally, I hate the character art, but LOVE the world/setting art. I have no experience with the anime, so I've no nostalgia for it, but it does look like a good Bokumono-style game in terms of farming and foraging, at least.
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Ah. Thanks for directions. I agree with you.
Yuuki_
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I see nothing wrong with it. It lives up to the expectations one can have for a remake. It being horribly bad for example.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Yuuki_ wrote:I see nothing wrong with it. It lives up to the expectations one can have for a remake. It being horribly bad for example.
What do you mean? Doraemon: Story of Seasons isn't a remake of anything; it's brand new.
ferret
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

i love doraemon and i love story of seasons so i'm super stoked and hyped!
Burning Spear
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Can't seem to find another thread for this game so forgive me if this is duplicative, but the North American release has been confirmed for October 11. The story and new screenshots are available here. ...

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/ ... _on_switch
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I might pick up this game. Not sure if it’s a day one buy (depending on price). When I went looking for preorders it didn’t have any so *shrugs*
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I don't know about pre-orders on the e-shop, but so far the Doraemon SoS game doesn't appear to be getting a physical version in North America at all, so if it's pre-orders on amazon/bestbuy/gamestop/etc, they're probably not going to happen at all. Unless Bamco surprises us last minute, I guess. Europe's physical version has already been announced.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

It might be different for digital only but usually in at least Best Buy, it’s still let me preorder either a digital or physical copy of a game. If it’s digital it just prints off a code I enter and it’ll download on to my system the day of release :/
Since this is strictly digital it could be different but I find it a little weird I couldn’t do it in the eshop or at least find the title even if it says unavailable yet...idk. I guess I’ll check back day of yo get the prices :)
Usagi5678
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

I'm SO HAPPY they decided to localize it! WE get almost no Doreamon stuff here. I'm not exactly thrilled it's digital only but Gamestop let me pre-order it so...meh. It comes out on October 11 so that will keep me occupied until Sword and shield comes out :bunny: