Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Feb 18, 2020 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
*LaI*
Post Posted: Oct 09, 2019 9:30 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Amazon just updated my order, says delivery tomorrow!! :bunny: :bunny:

Ofc tomorrow I don't have time to do anything, so won't actually play until friday anyway.

Edit: It's here :bunny: Just playing the intro, still not sure which language to choose.

One thing that bothers me a bit, the 3d models only seem to have happy or sad expressions, it's a bit weird to see the faces like freaking out in the portrait but the model smiling...

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 10, 2019 3:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm stuck waiting for the digital release tomorrow. I hope it doesn't take forever until it drops in the eShop. I can't preorder it digitally so it's all up in the air.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 2:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The launch trailer is really nice. Though I'm confused why/how Nobita finds 'Human Locomotive' in the grass, or what that actually is. Looks like two packets of seeds and a chimney. :shock:

Burning Spear
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 2:50 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Still waiting for the eShop drop in North America. I saw that Europe had it at least seven hours ago.

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 2:56 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I think each regional eshop has different standard update times. North America's has always seemed to be noon Eastern (9AM, Pacific.) Major releases like Nintendo first-party stuff release at midnight, of course, and I think any game you can pre-order and pre-load may also qualify, but Doraemon SoS isn't in that boat, so I'm thinking it won't be available for about another 5 hours.

ryume
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 4:14 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I’m debating on this. Touching on previous posts about researching games before you buy them, I really don’t do much beyond having a decent understanding of what I’m getting, enough to not be like “OMG I DIDN’T EXPECT IT TO BE LIKE THIS”. I only really dig into research if I’m unsure of what to expect, but games like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest only get bare minimum information digging on my part.

ANYWAY. I love the look of this game overall (even though Doreamon’s art style doesn’t appeal to me), but I don’t know about dropping $50 on it right now.

JustABeautifulGuy
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 7:57 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Got this game on the launch day because I'm a huge Doraemon fan so :lol: The first few hours of the gameplay is full of crazy amount of dialogues :shock: But it loooks so pretty! :lol: I haven't really played much but I feel like this is more of a Doraemon game than a Bokumono game if you get me.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 8:58 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Just letting everyone know that the game was released today on the US e-shop with a free demo to play if you're unsure. I downloaded the demo myself. I can't wait to play it. I wonder if you can transfer your data from the demo to the full game?

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 9:31 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Did the same. I’m at work now but I clicked the demo so I’ll download it later and give it a try. If I like the game, I have $8 saved up in gold points so that’ll be nice :3

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 9:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

« Puppy Doodoo » I don’t have $50 :/ otherwise I would have... demo is tempting though

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 9:57 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I doubt save data will transfer, because the demo is not simply the beginning of the game...it's specially arranged, it seems. I suppose it still could in some way, but they've chopped out the starting scenes and put in a few screens of explanation in place of them. Though it's possible that everything AFTER the scenes are skipped is the same, so...I guess it's possible. But I kind of doubt it because you'd have to start from the beginning to be able to see how the story starts, since that's not in the demo.

No reason not to get the demo, at least, Shan, since it's free. The Switch has a quite a few demos, so since your Switch is new, I'd go through the eshop's demo section, download everything you like, then try 'em out. Might help in deciding your best choice for next game purchase, if you're going to be getting another one between now and Animal Crossing :)

Personally, I'd recommend the demo of Dragon Quest Builders I (and II) and Battle Chef Brigade, since I have and really liked those games. And of course, Doraemon SoS and Neo Cab (just because it's really unique, no idea if you'd like it.) There's also the Let's Go Eevee and Let's Go Pikachu demos, and possibly the demos for the handful of otome games the Switch has.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 10:08 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Luckily I just got a SD card.

Bluie
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 10:45 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I saw you online playing the demo Kiki~

I'm just at the beginning right now, but i'm really liking it so far. My only complaint is that the inventory system is very small. There's gotta be upgrades because man, smol. I also turned the voices off asap and lost nothing of consequence. Noby is silent and I don't miss all the "eeeeeeh?!" "Ah!" and so on from all the characters. Very peaceful~

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 10:56 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I finished the demo and I just bought the full game.

My only issue with the demo was the joy-con drift. But I know that's not the game's fault.

Also, the map seems huge. In the demo, it was hard to track down the mayor to give him my turnip. :lol:

Kikki
Post Posted: Oct 11, 2019 12:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yep, I saw you too, though at first you were playing SAO. :) I like seeing friends on, playing stuff. Means more when you actually know who the person is! (For some reason I've had people I don't know friend me...I have no idea how they ended up on my list or how I could have met them, so seeing them come online is just a big ??? But that was my old profile, before I had to create this new one so my sis could continue using my original profile to play games I had purchased on this Switch on HER Switch, lol.) I'm thinking they were people I casually saw on Miiverse ages ago.

The game is very pretty! Though yeah, I really hate the character art. I also reeeeeeally dislike the shops all being open at different times. Practically none of them seem to even overlap. And they are WEIRD, with some being open 9-12 and then 1-3. One place is open 3-8, another is open 10-12 and then 2-5, and so on. The hours are short and any time I tried to go see what I could buy, I could never do so! Because it wasn't the right day, or they were on lunch, or...etc. I found it super frustrating...the time they are open is too short and sporadic and I just...argh.

And right now I have nothing to do and nothing I can buy (no money) so I'm just sleeping until I get my turnip, lol. But it's currently not looking likely that I'll buy this unless it were to go on a really tempting sale, since two things that are very important to me...characters and story...don't seem to appeal to me in this game. I will finish the demo before deciding, though. Still, it won't be in October.

EDIT: Harmon and Doraemon came to give me another thing of fast-grow powder (or whatever it is) but the stuff did not appear in my backpack OR my storage box, so they showed the game giving me the item but I don't actually have it. And when you ship stuff, you don't seem able to see what it's worth. And my backpack is SO TINY that I can only carry 3 things besides my tools, which is useless. And events keep snatching me up and smacking me down somewhere else when I was TRYING to do something and making me too late to do it!

Overall just a really frustrating experience, tbh. Worst of all, I cannot find the option to save ANYWHERE (I have pressed EVERY button and checked every menu) so either you can't, or you have to press a combo of them. You don't save when going to sleep, so I can't quit this darned demo!

EDIT 2: Because the game didn't REALLY give me the speed-up powder stuff, I was unable to give a turnip to the mayor in time. Demo now over. Lol.

Last edited by Kikki on Oct 11, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next