Doraemon Story of Seasons release thread

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Personally I’m waiting to see if it goes on sale for cyber Monday or at all before I consider buying it. It’s cute and I want it but not for its current price. People I’ve talked to are on the same boat :/
That could factor in to why not too many people here are talking about it yet...
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I'd also only buy it if it went on a good sale. I also think the landscape/scenery art is gorgeous, and the farming seems nice, but other than that, it doesn't feel like a Bokumono game to me at all. When I was playing, all I could think about was that I was playing a Doraemon game, featuring Nobita, whom I don't really like, surrounded by more characters I'm really not interested in. So it'd have to be pretty inexpensive for me to pick it up, since the ONLY part I'm interested in is the farming and any customization you can do.
K8sMum
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:I'd also only buy it if it went on a good sale. I also think the landscape/scenery art is gorgeous, and the farming seems nice, but other than that, it doesn't feel like a Bokumono game to me at all. When I was playing, all I could think about was that I was playing a Doraemon game, featuring Nobita, whom I don't really like, surrounded by more characters I'm really not interested in. So it'd have to be pretty inexpensive for me to pick it up, since the ONLY part I'm interested in is the farming and any customization you can do.
That sums up my feelings exactly.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

To clarify...it's not that I think it's a bad game or anything. It's just not what I want from a farming sim. It's got plenty of farming, but not so much of the life-sim, and I need both.

I love farming games, but farming alone isn't enough for me. Being able to create my own farmer, and to choose a little family to make for the farmer I've created, are VERY important parts of these games, to me, and this game does not have any of that. You have no choice to but to play as Nobita (and I don't like him, tbh) and there's friend-making...you can gift and raise friendships with everyone, afaik...but there's no making-your-own-family aspect to it. And the characters don't appeal to me, so I don't even want to be friends with them, lol.

So the game doesn't have enough in it that I enjoy to justify the full price, for me. I think there are others in my position, too. I think being able to make your own farmer, rather than being forced to play as a specific person, and being able to date/marry/have a child are all aspects a lot of people put a premium on in this genre, and since this game doesn't have any of that (reasonably, because it is a Doreamon game and must be centred around Doraemon and Nobita and their crew) there's going to be a portion of fans who just won't be interested in this.

I don't think it's particularly strange or foreboding that there isn't a lot of discussion on it. It's a spin-off, and they just don't tend to create the same levels of discussion. The game did quite well in Japan, as far as I know. I haven't heard how it's doing in North America but probably pretty decent?
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly Kiki's explanation post makes me feel a little better. Because as long as I'm not teased with/promised any of that I'm fine without it.

It's not really that I was nervous it would be a flop, so much the enjoyability of it.

As far as it being another character for me... I guess I've gotten old. Sure, customizing has been nice. I can present my farmer in ways I'd like to but can't. But when it comes to events, there's a right and a wrong answer, and I don't want to screw it up. Somewhere along the way I lost my ability to really get into a character in Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons games.

Just like, for the most part I don't really care about the story one way or another in these games honestly. The only exception being A Wonderful Life, because it is about the story. Farming is mostly my big concern. If the gameplay is good, and the story isn't hateful (which I don't imagine it is :lol: ) I'm good.

My biggest beef comes in when I'm outright promised, or even teased something.

I will say in general with these games, yes I've been waiting on same « Chicken Hugging » marriage because they do have marriage and it feels bad to not have it. Like rival marriage feels bad to not have when there's marriage. But not having marriage at all doesn't bother me. Weird I know.

I don't know, I just don't enjoy these games in the same ways I used to. And that's okay. There was a time I'd be feeling the same way as you guys, but over time I guess that changed. To each their own though. After al,l what's the point in a game if not to have fun? Which we all do in our own ways.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It’s holding me until the remake release at least ^^
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Shan O 123 wrote:It’s holding me until the remake release at least ^^

Unfortunately I have to wait until Christmas to even actually get it. Probably doesn't help having to live vicariously through others for another nearly 2 months. :lol:

I'm almost curious when that will get a NA release.
CRAVINHO
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Played the demo over the weekend on switch think I'll wait for this to go on sale I quite like the art style they used wouldn't mind seeing this art style in a proper HM game.
simside
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Is anyone playing the full version? I finally broke down and bought a Switch Lite to play. I’m enjoying it way more than I thought! I wasn’t super into the cutscenes at first, and still don’t love them, but I love the sense of progress/story progression they make, and it’s such a beautiful game. I also went in knowing very little of Doraemon, and am still fairly indifferent, but the plot of the game is fun. I do like the gadgets, and I wish there were more.

Mostly, I just want to compare notes. Where is the rabbit? Why does Noby hang out with Sneech and Big G? Will it ever rain again? Will Ryam ever Take It Easy?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Because most of us are in the boat of 'already moved on' or 'not yet bought', you might have better luck looking for answers on the GameFaqs board for this game:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/25 ... of-seasons

Or maybe the Steam community:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/965230

What I can remember is that I'm pretty sure the Rabbit is tied to story progression and you should be able to find it on the map once unlocked. Noby hangs out with Sneech and Big G because they're his group of friends (including Shizuka). Noby is a notorious lazy loser in the anime, so he gets picked on a lot, however, the core four are still friend despite the teasing. Rain is rare, but iirc, there are sprinklers to help with crop growth later one. As for Ryam, IDK lol.