Doraemon Story of Seasons release thread

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I’m downloading the demo. Let’s see how it looks.

I have to be careful when I move the system because it’s charging and I don’t have a longer cord on my person atm.
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote: Cooking is a thing as well, but I've yet to get too deep into it (just upgraded my house once). You do need to continually cook to upgrade your utensils and you can buy recipes from the restaurant in town (you also buy your utensils here).
For the record, based on posts on Gamefaqs from players of the JP version, Cafet's produce/ingredients list is randomly generated on the first of the season and can be save scummed to regenerate it if you need a specific ingredient from Cafe Delish; it appears recipes also function the same way based on my experience getting Cookies recipe listed on Autumn first while someone else on Gamefaqs is on year 2 and still has not gotten the recipe from him, but I'm planning to test that once I hit Winter 1 in a couple more days to see if save scumming can actually be used to manipulate the recipes offered.

(Update: Just tested it, and yes I was correct. Cafet's recipe list is chosen either entirely randomly or randomly within a set list of recipes specific to that season (I'm not sure exactly which and I didn't keep a list of what recipes I got during the first three seasons to note if any of the ones I'm seeing now in the save scumming also showed up previously), when it generates the list of recipes he offers for the season, but you can force a different set of recipes with save scumming. So if you're after a specific recipe you can save the 30th and keep reloading the 1st to see if it pops up in the offerings. I had Fruit Salad and Tempura both show up all five times I reloaded the save file on the night before Winter 1st, but every single one of the other recipes was different each time.)

Also yeah, Fine Groundbait and regular Groundbait can both be fished up in various ponds and Lake Drench for those who don't want to spend money on bait but are patient enough to fish for it. I get it fairly frequently in both spring and autumn in Lake Drench and the pond next to my farmhouse.

Also apparently you do not want to sell the "junk" from the mine, for reasons tied into the Mark storyline and items you can get? I haven't seen any actual specifics for why other than very emphatic capslock posts about regretting it a lot if you sell all the "junk" you dig up in the mine, though fossils can be sold without worrying.

Edit: Oh, also probably important because it actually took me a couple days to realize but it appears animals don't graze when put outdoors. Setting them outside makes their happiness rise faster, but you're still required to feed them that day in their barn/coop, or they'll get sick from being left unfed.

Also multi harvest plants like strawberries and corn only last for three harvests before they vanish and need to be replanted, so if you're planting them anticipating multiple harvests, be sure you take that into account.
Last edited by Kelpy on Oct 19, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*LaI*
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Fossils are used in one furniture set, but other than that you are free to sell them.

Junk really should not be sold.
Spoiler:
It's the currency of the sprites shop, where you can get some items, including a 5x5 sprinkler. Also used to make the last upgrade of the tools.
Another tip, about naps. Always take them as close to xx:29 as you can, that way you get up the next hour. If you nap at 11:29 you wake up at 12:00, but if you do it at 11:30 you'll wake up at 13:00 for the same 10 stamina recovery.

For friendships, always talk to people twice. This is taken for the game files, apparently there is a "greet" and a "talk" gain, for 5 and 25 points. Best guess is that greet is the first time you talk with someone every day.

This is a guide I'm following. It's still in progress, but getting there.
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

... I'm halfway through summer and I'm yet to see any rain.
Like this can't be normal? Not sure if I've got a bug. I get cloudy weather but no rain.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I got rain a few times in spring and one stormy day in summer. Probs just random?
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I have the same problem with rain - I'm pretty much through spring but aside from the dog event ... no rain.

Aside from that: Yeah I got it and I love the graphic style and the gameplay but somehow it doesn't hit the right spot. I played almost every HM/SoS that came to Europe since BtN and I almost love them all (just go away IoH) and played them for the first month endlessly but this one ... it's hard. I want to play it but when I'm starting it I just play a couple of days - mostly 2-3 - and then switching back to something else. It's not even the character it's just ... I don't know. Weird XD"
Kelpy
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

Rainy days appear to be really uncommon for some reason? I get a lot of cloudy and sunny days but I think I only got rain like maybe 4 or 5 days in summer in my first year and then not at all since and I'm midway through spring year two as of ten minutes ago, though I did get one or two days of snow in winter.
Spoiler:
Fortunately, once you unlock the Whatever Weather box, the sprite shop also sells rainy and sunny weather day 'cards' that let you set the weather to whichever one you want/need. I haven't unlocked the weather box yet so I don't know if the cards change the weather for that day or for the next day, though.

Alternatively, if you were hoping for rainy days to help conserve stamina so you can do other things, you can buy a sprinkler item from the sprites and set a bunch of them up in the field. They automatically water your crops for you in the morning when the day turns over so you only have to water the rows they miss, if you didn't place them optimally to cover every patch (like I have since I don't have enough yet).
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just bought the full game and stupid question, how do you upgrade the very tiny backpack?
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ lol I just found it. You buy upgrades at the general store.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Kross lover/fan wrote:^ lol I just found it. You buy upgrades at the general store.
XD thank you.

I can’t believe we start with a very tiny backpack lol
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

So I just played the demo. I will say the game is GORGEOUS. I adore the art style and really really hope that they next SoS looks like it. ^w^

That being said this would need a really amazing sale for me to buy it. I agree with the others who said something is just off. I don't know how to describe it, but it didn't grab me. I find it gorgeous, but I know I wouldn't have the drive to play it constantly which is a shame. I definitely approve of this direction for the games with wild areas and foraging again though. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bandai Namco games commonly go on sale often. Heck, I just got Fatal Bullet for 50% off a week or so ago and the game came out a few months ago! Give it a little time and i'm sure it'll be on sale.
Samansu
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:Bandai Namco games commonly go on sale often. Heck, I just got Fatal Bullet for 50% off a week or so ago and the game came out a few months ago! Give it a little time and i'm sure it'll be on sale.
Yeah if I see it on a good sale I will prob pick it up because it is beautiful and was fun enough. I'm just def not paying full price for it because to me it isn't worth it.
ChaosAzerothCat
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The sudden lack of discussion compared to many of the other games has me concerned tbph. Anyone have any idea why it feels like there's much less conversation about a fairly new game?
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Probably because hardly anyone picked it up around here. The Gamefaqs board for it is fairly active, but here not so much.

Personally, I liked it enough, but I'm too distracted/busy to go back to it rn.