* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Sep 19, 2020 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Dec 08, 2019 9:06 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

I really want to play the better version of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition. I had it for my PS2, but the game was too slow/laggy. Is it true that only the PS4 version (on the PSN) network plays it better? Or does the PS3 version work just as well?

I'm thinking of selling my PS2 and my Wii U. Help to answer this will be appreciated.

Also, if I get a PS4, is it backwards compatible with PS3 games? And, what are some recommended games on PS3/PS4?

Kross lover/fan
Post Posted: Dec 08, 2019 10:20 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Sony is trying to retire ps3 since it’s 13 years old. Plus with the PS5 announced, ps4 is the better of the two.
Unfortunately PS4 is NOT backwards compatible (meaning you can’t use physical disks). However, with a PlayStation Now subscription, you can download and play PS4, PS3, and PS2 games on your PlayStation 4 console.
If you prefer ps3 games and don’t want the subscription then that’s the way to go, just know that more ps3 games won’t come out.
As for HM:A wonderful life SE; it’ll play just fine on a ps3 but a PS4 is faster, has better graphics and can run better (according to reviews).

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Dec 08, 2019 1:34 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Any reason you’d rather play the Special Edition than the original Gamecube version? The Gamecube one can be found for a fairly reasonable price these days (both the boy version and the girl version) and doesn’t have the issues that the SE does. Though you would need a Gamecube or an original Wii to play it, I’m not sure if you have either of those.

(Also, it isn’t the best time to sell a PS2 right now. They’re right in that sweet spot where they’re outdated but not yet collectable, and as such they’re selling for quite cheap. I got one this summer for only 20$, for example.)

copernicusmaximus
Post Posted: Jan 06, 2020 7:50 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Sorry to say that the PS3 version is somehow even slower than the PS2 version, according to reddit.

PS4 version seems to be the best way to go for SE.

Melody Muse
Post Posted: Jan 08, 2020 5:26 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I can second that the PS3 version is really laggy; I found it unplayable personally.

I haven't tried it on the PS4 though.

Bluie
Post Posted: Jan 08, 2020 6:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I played the digital version on the PS4 and it's playable. My main complaint was that the sound the MC's walk cycle makes is maddening in long bursts.