It is currently Sep 19, 2020 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

G_heinz
  Post subject: Hyping Save the Homeland
Post Posted: May 22, 2020 8:00 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

hello fellow mooners.

i bring greetings from the harvest moon speedrun community. crazy, you might think, that someone would try and rush through these beautiful games, but we enjoy it well enough :)

my personal project over the past few years has been speedrunning save the homeland, which i never played as a kid (as i did not have a PS2), and i was reminded, as i heard in HM circles back in the day, that it wasn't a very popular title due to straying in many ways from the series' traditional focus. i've honestly really enjoyed it through, both casually and for speedrunning, and it occurred to me while studying it that another reason it was unpopular is that it's actually kind of difficult to complete all nine endings, since the requirements are kind of unclear, and not well-documented.

so anyway, i got back into playing it lately and it's brought me so much joy, so i was wondering if maybe anyone here would be interested in my notes. not speedrunning notes, but just general notes on the requirements for the cutscenes for each ending. if it would inspire even one person to go back and play it again with fresh eyes, i would be happy. i am hoping to write a full guide to the game at some point in the future, but for now i mostly just have basic notes. i've also done a lot of research on the affection system, which is easily the most intricate in the whole series.

also, i won't advertise it directly here, but we are always happy to have new faces in HMSR. very welcoming bunch of farm sim lovers. if anyone is interested, just DM me and i can send you the link to our discord. you definitely don't have to speedrun, we have a lot of just general HM discussion and research going on. we're also talking about doing a community marathon type of event on twitch showcasing friends of mineral town in order to commemorate the international release of the switch remake, so that will be fun.

sth basic affection notes
sth cutscenes by ending

hopefully it's okay to post something like this here, but i'm hoping this gets some of you (back) into sth, i'm seriously hyping it lately!