Make your perfect Bokumono game out of...

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

@Cain, Yeah the characters felt fleshed out! The fact that you could make the decision to give Gotz a puppy is a nice touch. Adds some humanity to the game.

@Vanilla, I forgot about the part-time system! That was a lot of fun to kill time and make some extra $. And I agree about the Harvest King. I'd like if he, the goddess, and the sprites were an integral part of the game's "plot" in the future. They just feel very Bokumono to me.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

Ooh, what a fun concept! I haven't played any of the Wii games though, unless Magical Melody counts, but that was on a Gamecube. Anyway, here's a list of my perfect features for an ultimate farming game.
Spoiler:
- An open-world like A Wonderful Life or Magical Melody. I loved not having a ton of loading screens when traveling through the village. And A Wonderful Life was just so pretty for it's time. The most beautiful view in the game is atop Romana's mansion, facing the ocean during the dusk hours of sunset. Even just being able to go first-person at the push of a button, and having FULL 360° control of the camera, totally amazing back then. I loved the background nature ambience, or how as you ran up to a building you could hear the music fade in or out. Even listening to "Breeze" or "Quiet Winter" on your farm never got old. Not once did I think "holy « Puppy Doodoo » this music is ANNOYING." Its been years since I've played A New Beginning, but I can still hear the spring music to this day...always playing, no matter what part of the map you were in...

- A farmer's market like Grand Bazaar! Am I weird for liking the bazaar? I really want it to return, but not as story-driven. Just have it return as a cute feature, like how you could sell to villagers in A Wonderful Life underneath the tree next to the inn/blue bar. They tried to implement a "farmer's market" theme with vendors and the trade depot in Stoty of Seasons, but it honestly just felt like a lot of mini general stores you could sell stuff to. Trio of Towns did shopping with merchants much better in Westown, Tsuyukusa, and Lulukoko. I just wish our farmers could set up their own shops like Grand Bazaar once more.

- Dating from Trio of Towns, but actual dates like Tale of Two Towns (or y'know, Rune Factory 4). The remake of Friends of Mineral Town has dating, but it's so pointless. You hand a candidate a preserved flower, and nothing changes. I felt more like boyfriend/girlfriend with candidates in Tale of Two Towns for goodness sake. If the next game could bring back the option to go on dates with your lover like Tale of Two Towns or Rune Factory 4, that would help me feel more immersed with the marriageable villagers.

- Crop Mutation from A Wonderful Life. I miss Tartan, he was my little buddy! Crop mutations from A Wonderful Life don't get enough recognition, because why bother growing crops when you can make bank from star cows? I think Natsume's recent Harvest Moon games have had crop mutations too, but that's less combining two different crops to create a new crazy one, and more of growing a field of onions, and maybe a few will mutate into shallots.

- Story of Seasons Nature Sprites with Friends of Mineral Town usefulness. I loved the unique Nature Sprites from Story of Seasons! They weren't just recolors, they all have their own personalities and designs. But at the end of the day, they really were just five teeny characters to give gifts to. I'd love if the next game brought back the ability to have Nature Sprites help out on the farm.

- Secret Marriage Candidates! I remember being so excited for Alisa the nun from Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands to finally be marriageable in Tale of Two Towns! A New Beginning didn't really have "secret" candidates; of course it was obvious you could marry Witch Princess, and it was pretty straightforward that you could marry Yuri, even if her heart was invisible. Nobody was "secret" in Story of Seasons. Getting to marry a fox deity in Trio of Towns was cool, but I had more fun wooing a magical dog fursuit, and a pink-haired Emcee. I can't wait to try and marry Bon Vivant in the new Friends of Mineral Town remake, and I hope the next game continues to have special candidates, or at least more returning candidates from past games. Though hands down, the biggest secret candidate in the franchise history has got to be Mason from Harvest Moon DS Cute. I legit forgot he existed because he was more of an easter egg than a bachelor.

- A Wonderful Life style of raising animals, but with Trio of Towns variety of animals. Not much to say, other than Trio of Towns did a fantastic job with animal attributes, but I also love A Wonderful Life's realistic cows.

- Requests! That was my favorite part of Tale of Two Towns, and Rune Factory 4! Trio of Towns had part-time jobs too; they were alright I suppose. But I just want a request system to return!

- Vacation worlds, like in A New Beginning. I was super bummed out when Story of Seasons released, and there was only the safari you could go to with Agate. Although I guess it makes sense; a 3DS game can only fit so much onto a cartridge. Plus the next game, Trio of Towns, was centered on three unique cultural locations. But I just loved the snow world, ruins, tropic islands, and Asian lands you could travel to! Having to befriend the turtles just to get tree fruit for your farm...tedious, but rewarding! Also bonus points for Mukumuku being in the snowy tundra world. :heart:

- More married villagers! Does that make sense? Looking back at the Island of Happiness and Sunshine Islands games made me realize that...ALL of the villagers are widowed. Taro's single, Felicity is a single mom, Mirabelle's a single mom, Regis is a single dad, Chen is also a single dad...Gannon's single too...Witch Princess is raising her niece...and Wada exists. No joke, I think the only married people with a child are a trio of faceless sub-villagers who run a hotel in one of the two games. You know how cool it could be if there were a newlywed couple when you start your farming adventure, and as you progress through the game, the two villagers experience parenthood, wife falling pregnant and giving birth to another villager to interact with?

- Real-worl problems. Witnessing Eda die in Story of Seasons was oddly enjoying. It was bittersweet, but it made me realize just how realistic the franchise was becoming. It reminded me of poor Nina's death in A Wonderful Life and Harvest Moon DS. Aging is a part of life, and now I miss the aging character models from A Wonderful Life. I even miss how bachelorettes would be absolutely VICIOUS if you viewed all their heart events, then proceeded to marry someone else. There was one youtuber who showed a scene like that with Muffy in A Wonderful Life (think it was Joan P) and for an entire year, Muffy would not accept gifts, and say stuff like "I hate you! Go away! You're the worst!" And that was the ONLY thing Muffy said, no matter where she was, what you showed her, etc. Like I knew you could get divorced, but I didn't even know that romancing more than one girl prior to marriage would have such crazy consequences. Talk about a not-so-wonderful life...but I still love that game to death, lol.

- Rune Factory level of dialogue. That would be an absolute nightmare to translate though...so many test boxes, haha. But hearing already-bland characters recite the same lines each day is one hell of a snooze. Not sure if I want voice acting to "return" I mean it works really well in Rune Factory, but in a Bokumono game? Oddly enough, I think it would ruin the immersion for me. Speaking cohesive words and sentences would be so strange...I'm more used to the random shouting gibberish noises from AWL, MM, and GrB.
thegrouchyfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Ooh! I agree! This is fun and I love everyone’s ideas!

GBC3: Scarecrow, sprinkler, shampoo, snowboarding, aquarium
BTN: Stray dog, interactive festivals (tomato festival, swimming contest, chicken festival, horse race)
HM 64: Darker/mature themes, photo album, rival marriages
StH: Character design, choosing/training your horse, horse types, befriending your dog
AWL: Aging system, child raising, bulls, calf hutches, milking factory, hybrid plants, records, character deaths
MM: Rival farmer (but wish the game won’t end if you marry them), truffle pig
DS/DS Cute: Mining, large number of marriage candidates, children growing up, taking appearance of spouse
ToT/AP: Goats, ostriches, silk worms, riding animals, Owen & Harvest King ;), rival marriages and children, children taking on appearance of spouse, winter crops
ANB: Hair salon, town customization, water paddies, giant livestock, green house, Witch Princess, wallpaper and flooring, traveling
SoS: All the maker buildings, rival farms, bee keeping, mushroom logs, alpacas, llamas
3oT: Dating and marriage, character customization, fashion show, buffaloes, quails, angora rabbits, goals, having meals together, relatives, animal care (coat, affection, size, byproduct amount, byproduct level, stress, cleaning barns), crop qualities and fertilizers, cooking and recipes with stat boosting, pet breeds, reverse confessions, Ludus ;)
SoS FoMT: Bell, marry whoever you want
RF4: Give me all that amazing dialogue

I really just want an absolutely gigantic SoS game with loads of characters, great art, DIALOGUE, more end game content, children that grow up, & rivals. I also don’t mind if the days go by quickly because I want to decide what I should do for the day with limited time. Maybe have more advanced difficulty settings for those who want a casual game vs something more hardcore.

I know, I’m quite demanding. ;D
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Rival farmer Jaime was a fun twist! Bring them back!!
VanillaCookies
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

freckles wrote:Rival farmer Jaime was a fun twist! Bring them back!!
But don't end the game this time if you marry them please. :lol:

Gotta say this thread inspired me to start replaying Trio again, and it's been super fun with the huge exception of how time is treated in that game. It really bothered me not only how time doesn't stop while indoors (at least the barns would be nice) but also how tutorials tend to take away 4 hour chunks of your time even if you try to skip through them. I don't mind the food effects system but it absolutely feels like time in that game is balanced solely around having time slowing food available and I kinda hate it... :? So to take on to my original post, keep the food affects and particularly keep the recipes for time slowing as harder late game things to obtain but bring back time stopping indoors. I don't think I'd feel half as stressed out over lost time if that was the case.
thegrouchyfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

VanillaCookies wrote:
freckles wrote:Rival farmer Jaime was a fun twist! Bring them back!!
But don't end the game this time if you marry them please. :lol:

Gotta say this thread inspired me to start replaying Trio again, and it's been super fun with the huge exception of how time is treated in that game. It really bothered me not only how time doesn't stop while indoors (at least the barns would be nice) but also how tutorials tend to take away 4 hour chunks of your time even if you try to skip through them. I don't mind the food effects system but it absolutely feels like time in that game is balanced solely around having time slowing food available and I kinda hate it... :? So to take on to my original post, keep the food affects and particularly keep the recipes for time slowing as harder late game things to obtain but bring back time stopping indoors. I don't think I'd feel half as stressed out over lost time if that was the case.
I actually did just start replaying Trio. :) But I also want to replay SoS!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

It's hard to go back to SoS after Trio. With the looooong walk to town and no speed up food effects, all the different conquest farm fields, and the lack of events, and it taking 4 years to unlock the final animals, etc...I played the bejeebus out of it when it came out, but I tried to play it again after Trio and it was just...lacking. Even though I like the portrait style better than Trio's, and it has several other really cool features.

I found time well balanced in Trio, though...once I knew there was no friendship decay and that I didn't need to run around talking to people EVER unless I had the time and inclination...I could just let festivals raise my FP and it wouldn't drop no matter how long I ignored them...I felt like I always had plenty of time to finish what I needed to every day, even when my fields got full (unless I wasn't updating my tools at all.) I almost never used the speed-up food unless I was trying to do something specific...at least, not if I was using the speedy food effect to make me run faster! :)
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Another nice addition would be bachelor/bachelorette animated cutscenes! Rune Factory did an exceptional job with these; it truly brought the characters to life, albeit for a few seconds lol. RF4 on the Switch's marriage features really fulfilled my dating sim(p) thirst. And it's optional!
VanillaCookies
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It's hard to go back to SoS after Trio. With the looooong walk to town and no speed up food effects, all the different conquest farm fields, and the lack of events, and it taking 4 years to unlock the final animals, etc...I played the bejeebus out of it when it came out, but I tried to play it again after Trio and it was just...lacking. Even though I like the portrait style better than Trio's, and it has several other really cool features.

I found time well balanced in Trio, though...once I knew there was no friendship decay and that I didn't need to run around talking to people EVER unless I had the time and inclination...I could just let festivals raise my FP and it wouldn't drop no matter how long I ignored them...I felt like I always had plenty of time to finish what I needed to every day, even when my fields got full (unless I wasn't updating my tools at all.) I almost never used the speed-up food unless I was trying to do something specific...at least, not if I was using the speedy food effect to make me run faster! :)
Wait there's no friendship decay? Okay that definitely makes it easier to just breathe and do what I want then. :lol: I was operating under the assumption there was since the last Bokumono I picked up was SoS:FoMT. Thanks for clarifying that!
thegrouchyfarmer
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Kikki wrote:It's hard to go back to SoS after Trio. With the looooong walk to town and no speed up food effects, all the different conquest farm fields, and the lack of events, and it taking 4 years to unlock the final animals, etc...I played the bejeebus out of it when it came out, but I tried to play it again after Trio and it was just...lacking. Even though I like the portrait style better than Trio's, and it has several other really cool features.

Yeah, I am a little hesitant about not enjoying it as much as 3oT for similar reasons. If 3oT had the rival farming, conquest fields and the various maker buildings, it would have been near perfect. I always scratch my head whenever they back pedal on features. And I absolutely agree with you, friendship decay is really annoying. I like a challenging game, but only if it’s done in such a way where it’s not grindy or tedious.
freckles wrote:Another nice addition would be bachelor/bachelorette animated cutscenes! Rune Factory did an exceptional job with these; it truly brought the characters to life, albeit for a few seconds lol. RF4 on the Switch's marriage features really fulfilled my dating sim(p) thirst. And it's optional!
Yes, yes and more yes. RF4 did such a good job with the characters, dialogue and dating. If they incorporated those features into SoS, I would just toss all of my money at Marvelous. It’d be nice if they used the portrait art from RF4 as well.
Kaiyumi
Wacky Weed Puller
Wacky Weed Puller

Post  Posted:

The fact that there is no friendship decay in 3oT was HUGE to me when I played it, because that was always one of the parts that stressed me out the most @ feeling like I had to go and greet everyone everyday. That, coupled with the fact that hitting the shoulder pad lets you automatically greet everyone in your vicinity, made the game so much less stressful for on the friendship front. I think it was the first game where I maxed out everyone without trying. :')

And it really is interesting how they bring in something new each game, but also don't always carry those into the next installment. On one hand, the fact that they're willing to explore and change things is great, and we've gotten a lot of excellent mechanics because of it. On the other hand, you can't help but ask "why didn't they bring ______ back" as well sometimes.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

VanillaCookies wrote:Wait there's no friendship decay? Okay that definitely makes it easier to just breathe and do what I want then. :lol: I was operating under the assumption there was since the last Bokumono I picked up was SoS:FoMT. Thanks for clarifying that!
Ha ha, yep! You're not the first person to breathe a big sigh of relief at that! A lot of people hadn't realized there was no friendship decay in Trio. In fact, a bunch of people didn't quite believe there was none even when we told them...we had to reassure them en masse, with links and evidence, before they'd believe it, lol.

Trio is HECTIC if you try to go to all three towns to talk to people every day. That was a big issue for a lot of people when Tsuyukusa finally opened up...I remember threads popping up left and right, with people asking how you could manage your time...how could you possibly take care of your farm AND go to every town to even shoulder-button-greet each person. People were asking what kind of schedules people had, and did they maybe just alternate towns? Go to Westown one day, Lulukoko the next, and Tsuyukusa on the third? That might be manageable!

Then we tell them that there's no friendship decay so you don't need to go ANYWHERE just to say hi...not for the sake of keeping your FP up!...and it's like they all deflated out of sheer relief, lol. I remembered saying 'are you sure?' the first time I heard that there was no FP decay, ha ha. I had to be told they'd even tried sleeping for a year while trying to trigger/do something else, and that their FP hadn't dropped a hair with anyone, before I believed it :)

I don't just love lack of FP decay...I lurrrrrve it, lol. If Marvelous sticks with the model they have had going in the most recent three games (not including the remake), and keeping us very busy with things to do, I hope they will always stick with no FP decay, as well. No FP decay didn't make me stop socializing...it just made me enjoy it more, on my own schedule. Not feeling pressured to do any of it, I no longer resented it, and then often went around during my chores to chat to people just for fun.
thegrouchyfarmer wrote:Yeah, I am a little hesitant about not enjoying it as much as 3oT for similar reasons. If 3oT had the rival farming, conquest fields and the various maker buildings, it would have been near perfect. I always scratch my head whenever they back pedal on features. And I absolutely agree with you, friendship decay is really annoying. I like a challenging game, but only if it’s done in such a way where it’s not grindy or tedious.
Yeah, Trio was great. If you splice out about a third of ANB and just a teeny, oh, 5% of SoS, and stuff them into Trio, it would have been missing nothing, for MY tastes anyway. Though visually I do also think that RF4 had the best variety of candidates and the nicest-looking portrait art. :) Except maybe a more interesting 'post-game', which maybe needed more child stuff in it, or the ability to pair up rivals after marriage or after the plot was resolved.
Anabel
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Oooh. Here's mine, in no particular order.

First and foremost: ToT's mining. Multiple mines, with several floors, with more than just ores that you can get, and the ores sparkle if they're not junk? Please. Please. Please.

ToT/AP/SoS's (and others, I'm sure, but I don't specifically recall) house decorating. I can choose where stuff goes, what furniture I have, the colors and styles, and I can mix and match? Yessss.

Also, multiple rooms, as seen in ToT/AP/SoS/AWL.

ANB's designing/placement. I get to choose the layout of my farm, my barn's pastures, my town. I loved making things just so in that game. Better tile placement, though. Maybe have a tile broken into 5 sections? 4 corners and a center? I don't think that they did that. It's been a while since I played ANB, though, so I may be misremembering.

ANB/SoS/3oT's building/making. Especially ANB. Though yes, definitely with the ability to buy the materials to build or make things. Although it'd also be nice to be able to just buy the objects for an increased price, too. That way if you want to hunt around and take the time to make it yourself, you can. If you want to just sell stuff and get the money to buy it you can do that, too.

ToT/AP's rival system, and rival kids. Though it'd be really great if it could be taken one step further, and have ... well, not quite a free-for-all, but similar. Instead of having it limited to one pairing, have multiple combinations. I would always choose someone who had no rival, because I didn't want someone who could get married to be alone, and I wanted the maximum amount of villagers possible. If they all had multiple candidates you could choose who you wanted without worry, and decide on different pairings if you didn't like one. A true "anyone with anyone" wouldn't work because, realistically, not everyone works with everyone else. But that doesn't mean that there's only one true pairing, other than your character, either.

AWL's world/time/community/whatever you want to call it progression. Start out, get married, have a kid, grow older, watch the residents and your kid grow older, eventually die (and not even having that be the end of the game). It added such depth to the game, and I was very disappointed that no other Bokujou game (that I know of) did that. It doesn't help that AWL was my first Bokujou game, and it kind of set a standard, in my mind, that none of the others lived up to.

AWL's ability to really interact with and influence your kid. I know that you could do that in other games, too, like AP, but I think that it was much more in-depth in AWL. I could be mistaken, though.

Any game with multiple kids. Especially ToT/AP's ability to have a combination of genders. Two girls? Cool. Two boys? Cool. Big sister/little brother? Cool. Big brother/little sister? Also cool. It was also nice that they could have different personalities, and different personalities liked different gifts.

Also, ToT/AP's ability to change your child's outfit.

Any game where you had a bell, or could push a button, to get your animals in and out of the barn quickly and easily. No pushing, no herding, no "argh, go here, no now you're stuck grrargh". Just "click", done.

Any game with a variety of animal pets. Especially ToT/AP's ability to tame wild animals. Yes, I want a penguin. Yes, I also want a bear. Heck yes, I want a panda. Yes, I want them all. I know I can't have them all, and it would be wildly impractical to basically have a zoo on your farm, but at least having the choice to tame and bring one of them into your home is nice.

Also, any game with a natural hot spring, like in ToT/AP. Especially if there's more than one, and they're scattered about the map.

ToT/AP's personality questions. I don't recall if they had any practical effect on the game, but I liked them.

3oT's depth of dialogue. Expanded, though.

3oT's events for all types of characters. Though it'd be nice if you could see more than one a day.

3oT's new game+ personality, where you could port over aspects of a previous save.

SoS/3oT's trading system. SoS's was especially nice because you could trade a lot of different things, including items that you created.

SoS/3oT's gameplay difficulty choices.

ANB's multiplayer with the giant animals.

3oT's achievements.

Any game with an actual story, and goals to work toward.

Any game where you can discover recipes by making them instead of just buying or finding them. Though buying/finding them is cool, too. But the ability to make them without having to wait for them to unlock would be great.

Also, any game where there are helpful things scattered about that would be impractical to have on your farm. The grinder in SoS/3oT is all well and good, but the mill in ToT/AP is so much cooler.

ToT/AP's ability to buy multiple plots of land, and to have alternate houses.

Related to above: MM's ability to choose where your house goes, and there being different benefits and drawbacks to the plots. Like how the one in town was conveniently located near shops, but there was much less room to farm.

ToT/AP's huge maps. Maybe with AP's map traversal system. Or something similar, like what was had in 3oT. Though it'd be nice to have it unlock earlier in the game.

FoMT's ability to woo any of the marriage candidates. So often, I feel, these games give the best personalities to the girls. And I want to play as a girl, but I also want to marry the personality that I want to marry.

3oT's food effects.

NOT 3oT's crop system. It took so long to perfectly upgrade your crops, and then to have a typhoon or blizzard set it back? Especially at the end of a season, when there's no time to get it back up there? groan

Speaking of crops, AWL's crops growing across multiple seasons. I know that other games had some crops that grew no matter the season, but there weren't nearly as many. AWL had most crops grow in several seasons, and I really liked that. Or, at least have it like the games where the first day of a new season doesn't mean the instant death of your crops from the last season.

Any game where you can see how long it takes the crop to grow on the bag.

Also any game with a huge inventory.

Any game where the clock pauses indoors. I think many had them pause while in your inventory, which is also a must, but I really liked being able to be in my house and only having time progress outside. It gave me time to cook, or sort through my inventories, or watch T.V.

That's another thing. Any game with a watchable T.V.

3oT's shoulder button greetings. It made things go so much faster. Did SoS do that too? I don't recall anymore.

SoS's art style, or something similar. 3oT's was good too. Maybe a blend of that? I really liked the ... earthiness, I guess you could say, of SoS's. And please no chibi sprites. Looking at you two especially, Magical Melody and SoS:FoMT.

Also, and I know that this falls a little outside the bounds of what this thread is about but I think it counts because I have no strong feelings either way to a part of it, but if they do multiple towns again (which I am neither opposed to nor in favor of), if they could do something like in ToTT, where you can move back and forth and there are different benefits for living in different towns, that could be cool.

Oh, and any game that includes the ability to catch and sell bugs.

I think that's all. For now.
Code_Name_Geek
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Anabel wrote:Oh, and any game that includes the ability to catch and sell bugs.
Ooh I completely forgot about this, but that would be a feature I would choose as well!! I like catching bugs and always felt it was a good counterpart to fishing.

Another thing I realized I forgot to mention was having a big mountain/wild area to forage in. This is one of the few things that I felt was really lacking in 3oT, and I know it was to accommodate the huge maps of the three towns but it felt so much less… rural than other games, I suppose. Would definitely like to see the return of a large foraging area of some kind!
Anabel
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

@Code_Name_Geek: Yeah, it was a good compliment to fishing and gameplay. Also, yes, definitely having nice rural nature areas without a bunch of houses scattered around would be great. :)

Something that I forgot to mention: Any game where you can make seeds out of the crops you grew, and they kept their rating. I've never been a huge fan of fertilizing, and having to only get the crop up to max once was really nice.

Alternatively, something similar to ToT/AP/ToTT/etc., where you fertilize the soil instead of the crop.

And the variety of festivals in 3oT would be nice.

Also, I think it was SoS that had you raise the general category of the Harvest Festival or Animal Festival, instead of each individual crop or animal. That was really nice. Just give me veggies, tree crops, flowers, etc. Not "bring your cucumbers up four ranks. Now your strawberries, now blah blah blah."

Sorry. I did say "for now". :(