XSEED hints that there may be another SoS remake in the work

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Censorfish
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

Was posted on their FB page today. Thoughts? I'm kind of hoping it's HMDS.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Here is the tweet in question:
JustABeautifulGuy
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I'm curious which game they'll remake this time. I'm sure a popular entry will be reworked on, so I'm guessing it'll be between Animal Parade and AWL/DS.

I'm not bothered by either of them as remakes. I sincerely hope that the remake style is not the same as SoS:FoMT, but rather more updated and fresh like PoOT.
freckles
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Post  Posted:

Selfishly I'm hoping it's AWL but I know some folks would really detest that. Animal Parade would be interesting to see as a remake since their character art was already so unique.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I feel like the simplest remake to do next would actually be DS. You still get roughly the flavor of AWL, but the overhead camera and general art style matches what Marvelous is doing with the series now. (They could probably reuse assets, even.) And then they have the opportunity to connect the game to their first remake. I could even see Mineral Town content being locked to having an SoS:FoMT file on your Switch.

If we're wishing, I would really love to see the world of AWL with HD textures/lighting. I don't think Marvelous has the programmers to do it without setting the Switch on fire, but...I'd still like to see it. :lol:
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

My kingdom for for Hero of Leaf Valley with QoL improvements. HLV is already a remake or Save the Homeland, so it getting another full remake seems redundant, but HLV is such a good game bogged down by cumbersome loading times and controls. I love the game, it's my absolute favorite in the series, but man, is it hard to recommend these days. Loading between zones in inexcusably long and the targeting for picking up items/animals is so janky that you'll almost never pick up what you intend to, especially in a crowded coop. Some of the storyline segments with mini games you need to complete in order to marry Alice or get particular endings were often janky too and a pain to redo re loading times.

Honestly, they could asset flip the entire thing in a new engine, fixing the issues, and I would be set for remakes in the series. I could honestly say the same for Rune Factory 1&2 as they're also bogged down with their own issues which make them hard to play these days too.

Realistically though, it's most likely a remake of one of the DS entries, one of Island titles maybe as they sold quite a few copies compared to their siblings and the Wii entries. DS/Cute seems like a good segway from Friends of Mineral Town though, so who knows?
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Whatever they do remake I expect it's probably a given that they will now let you play as either gender and marry either gender, right? That itself will add a new dynamic. My question is will they include rival marriages or not this time? Please say yes!
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:I could even see Mineral Town content being locked to having an SoS:FoMT file on your Switch.
That would be sooo cool. DSC was my first HM game and I never played FoMT until the remake. I'm excited either way. I don't really like the SoS titles myself, but I love FoMT, and I'm excited no matter what.
white66
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

How about they focus on making a game that isn't « Cow Poopoo » first?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I really don't want another remake (didn't like SoS: FoMT at all, probably because I had no interest in the original and they were basically the same game, just with very different graphics) but if they have to, I might be able to get into a remake or notable remaster + QoL improvements of Animal Parade. I definitely don't want to see another game that has the same cast as FoMT, at least.

If the next game is a remake, as it seems like it will be, that means I'll have felt disenfranchised by three games in a row :( Though...I hope that once the improvements are completed for Olive Town, I may still like it.
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’m really over remakes at this point. It’s disappointing to me to hear that they’re going to waste (imo) a year or longer working on a remake of a game I’ve probably already played and experienced. That time could be used to develop a brand new game that’s improved upon from PoOT. Now the next mainline entry will be pushed back. Frustrating at best for me personally!
Briarwyn
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

1. Story of Seasons: Magical Melody?

2. Story of Seasons: DS/Cute?
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Tbh I actually really like the idea of more remakes because half the fun of SoS as an adult is nostalgia personally, and being able to replay childhood favourites with same gender marriage is like ... all I need to be satisfied really
I'd loove an AWL remake, but tbh it's so different from all the other SoS games that I'm not really sure they'll do it? The most likely one is probably HMDS, since they reference it a few times in the FoMT remake, and the two games were kinda similar to begin with. Tho I also really want an Animal Parade remaster
JayDucky03
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

midnighttherabbit wrote:Tbh I actually really like the idea of more remakes because half the fun of SoS as an adult is nostalgia personally, and being able to replay childhood favourites with same gender marriage is like ... all I need to be satisfied really
I'd loove an AWL remake, but tbh it's so different from all the other SoS games that I'm not really sure they'll do it? The most likely one is probably HMDS, since they reference it a few times in the FoMT remake, and the two games were kinda similar to begin with. Tho I also really want an Animal Parade remaster
I feel the same way. I just really adore SS romance being an option with older characters and I’m willing to support that with my money. Hopefully it leads to Rune Factory including it. :shifty:
Eurydike
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I would love to see a Magical Melody remake. The original game had lots of personality and things to keep you engaged for a long time. I loved the Harvest Goddess/musical note collection story and thought it was more fun than the tasks and achievements we get in newer games. It had a lot of things that are standard for current titles of the series (like house customization) and I would love to see all of those ideas a bit more polished. I also adore the cast! The marriage candidates were awesome and I could never decide whom to marry, so I definitely need to replay it. If they remake it, I hope the rival relationships/cutscenes will be part of the game again.

However, since Animal Parade is a fan favorite, I think they’d rather remake this one. This would be a great choice as well! AP has an amazing game world and unique design. I have a lot of fun with PoOT, but I was recently thinking that the world is a bit lackluster since you only have two big areas – Farmland and Village. The "forest" that is connected to the village looks more like a park and all the stores are crammed into one area. In AP, you had so many areas to explore and their themes made a lot of sense, like the animal and seed stores being in a separate grassland area or the whole mining area in the mountains. I would love to have this detailed world back. Same goes for the story and character development.

While I enjoyed both games, they could definitely use a QoL update and technical improvements. MM always felt incredibly slow (I never knew if my Wii was lagging or if this was intentional). AP has horrible loading times EVERYWHERE and time passes too slowly. Some of the more recent titles have experimented with the speed of time and loading screen issues are definitely known now after PoOT’s rocky start. It’d be great if the remake could profit from this.

I definitely want another console remake. I don’t like the mobile game direction the series has taken. I am glad that I found out how to zoom in on PoOT (press right analog stick) so that it feels more like a console game, but still, I was hoping for something else. However, their mobile titles might be easier and cheaper to remake, so I would not be surprised about a DS remake.