If you could have one HM/SoS game being ported to the switch

SNES, HM64, BTN, STH, A Wonderful Life, Another Wonderful Life, AWL:SE, Magical Melody, Puzzle de HM, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade, Frantic Farming, Hero of Leaf Valley, My Little Shop, Seeds of Memories, Lil' Farmers, Light of Hope, Popolocrois: SoS, and Doraemon: SoS.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

What would it be?

I don’t mean a remake like FoMT, but a straight port like RF4.

I’d probably choose ToTT, it’s one of my favorites and I can see the art style working on the switch. Likewise GrB would be my second choice.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

A New Beginning, of course. And Trio of Towns after that. Be great if they could upscale the graphics a bit so they looked nice on a TV screen, though. (RF4 isn't actually a straight port, though; it's a remaster with added content.)
Last edited by Kikki on Sep 05, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shan O 123
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Would the trio DLC be included or would there be a separate pass?
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Since it's a port, I think it'd be better to bundle it all together as Trio of Towns Definitive or Deluxe or whatever.
Anna_Lynn
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but Natsume's the one responsible for porting Harvest Moon games, right? Like I think I remember Natsume porting HM64 and both versions of FoMT to the Wii U Eshop a few years ago (I think SNES too?)

Legally idk if Xseed could port old games to Switch, but I would love if one day Natsume found a way to port Harvest Moon games like HM64, original Mineral Town games, Magical Melody (I think this one would be really fun to play portable! :) ), both AWL's, and maybe Animal Parade + Tree of Tranquillity. I doubt the DS games have a good chance, considering mechanics like dual screen, touch controls, microphone use, etc. I also highly doubt playstation entries having a chance, but hey you never know.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anna_Lynn wrote:I hope this isn't a dumb question, but Natsume's the one responsible for porting Harvest Moon games, right? Like I think I remember Natsume porting HM64 and both versions of FoMT to the Wii U Eshop a few years ago (I think SNES too?)

Legally idk if Xseed could port old games to Switch, but I would love if one day Natsume found a way to port Harvest Moon games like HM64, original Mineral Town games, Magical Melody (I think this one would be really fun to play portable! :) ), both AWL's, and maybe Animal Parade + Tree of Tranquillity. I doubt the DS games have a good chance, considering mechanics like dual screen, touch controls, microphone use, etc. I also highly doubt playstation entries having a chance, but hey you never know.
If it's a straight port, yes, Natsume would be the one to do it. (This might also apply to a simple graphical upgrade...not sure on that count. I think if Marvelous did the porting work themselves, the rights would stay with them and could be handed to Xseed in North America. But if Natsume ported the game to Switch, say, and hired someone to improve the graphic quality, that'd still be theirs. I think that's how it works, but I'm not certain.) But if anything about the content was enhanced or improved or added to, it would move over to Xseed, as it would be considered a new release.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Excluding all of the licensing headaches that would make it impossible... A Wonderful Life would be really neat to see on better hardware. That would probably be my favorite, with Animal Parade taking a close second. Both would still look reasonably good for how old they are, though AWL might be a little too...long winded for modern audiences. :/

Of the handhelds +1 for Trio. I dunno how it would look on a TV, but with a little upscaling it would look great handheld on the Switch, so why not?
RodCopper Fishin
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

I’d like to see Hero of Leave Valley and Back to Nature ported. I know they ported the SNES game to Wii U, but I’d love to have it ported to Switch also.
Arcy
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hero of Leaf Valley if they can fix the loading times and crashing issues would be my number one choice.

A Tree of Tranquility/Animal Parade double pack would be my second, as long as they're not remaking them (although I believe they should remake these).
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

+1 for Hero of Leaf Valley. It needs some qol improvements gameplay wise and better hardware to run on, but it's a solid entry in the series(and my fave, so I have a big bias lol).

I also wouldn't mind a straight port of Grand Bazaar, because it has a ton of charm and I legit loved my time with it, but I know I'm in the minority here.
Kross lover/fan
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Definitely will say ToT/AP for sure! Otherwise HoLV would be cool too.
Was not a fan of GB so I’d probably pass on that one if it’s ever ported.

It’d be kind of cool to see HM 1-3 get ported as is. So newer/ish fan of the series can get a glimpse of how it all started :lol:
white66

Post  Posted:

I'm not sure if it counts but RFF is definitely my first pick. It's a great game but damn has it aged poorly. A few QOL changes and general sprucing up of the mechanics and movement would be great.

For the mainline games I guess HoLV. I've never played it because I don't have a psp, but people seem to talk pretty highly of it. I'd say ToT or AP but I know they would remove the rival couples and that's where a lot of the appeal is for me.

I'd also like ANB or 3oT. There's something about games with so much content being squeezed on a handheld that makes me feel overwhelmed. If either of these games were on consoles I would have spent far more time with them.
Caindoglover
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Easy! Definitely A Wonderful Life GC version. It's been stuck on its original console forever and only the laggy ps2 version keeps getting ported to new consoles. I just want to be able to experience the best version of my favorite Harvest Moon without digging out my Gamecube. Even better if it is on a portable console like the Switch! Then it could go with my other fav, Back to Nature on psp.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Not sure, as many of the older ones could do with some qol improvements without necessarily having to be remade. I have never played HoLV either so that might be a good choice. Even though I still have my 3ds copy, I think it would be great if they ported Trio, and since they did RF4 it doesn't seem that farfetched.
midnighttherabbit
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Definitely AP! I love playing it but honestly hate using Wii controls, and I think that updated graphics just wouldn't bring anything to the game. It has such a unique artstyle that I think would get lost in the bright, polished direction SoS is taking nowadays. AWL would also be great, or maybe MM.

I don't think I'd want a handheld game ported unless it was one of the really old ones because ported DS games always look so ugly to me and it really puts me off. I love RF4 Special but that's my exception. A 3DS game might look okay with similar enhancements to RF4, but I personally didn't like ANB, SOS or 3oT so -.-