Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jul 15, 2018 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2018 6:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
-Cooking comes in the form of a rhythm minigame

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 21, 2018 6:45 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

That part of the game sounds like Fantasy Life, with the mini-game crafting. Otherwise it's reminding me a lot of Battle Chef because of the cooking and the hand-drawn appearance. New info is coming up pretty quickly...perhaps we'll see a video clip before too long. :)

Actually, Aksys tweeted this afternoon that they'd have more info on Little Dragons Cafe soon. Don't know if that's more than in the article, or not.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 3:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Man, this seems like it's gonna be a pretty solid title. Rhythm cooking reminds me of both Fantasy Life and Weapon Shop de Omasse. Looking forward to changing my dragon into every colour under the sun.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:16 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So I was wondering where this deluge of info was coming from and apparently they are showing it off at GDC, so it makes sense we're getting some previews.

Super cute!

She also mentioned she thinks she got a gameplay trailer in her press kit, so we might be seeing that soon too.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:23 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Now I am grabbing that special edition; that dragon plush looks adorable!

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 8:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

There are still things I'm doubtful about with this game, but it looks like I'll be buying it. It's just one of those games that hits too many of my loved features to pass up on it even if I know it has a very good chance of hitting some of my dislikes, as well.

A video clip would be great, though. I'd like to hear the game and see it in motion, as well.

EDIT: This is not the best...it's a video of a video with visuals but no sound, but... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDir015pW1Q It seems to be showing the crafting mini game at one point.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 8:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Oh my gooosh, the dragon follows you around like a puppy!

I found a picture going through Aksys' Twitter of the outfit you wear out in the wilds:

https://twitter.com/aksysgames/status/9 ... 9386769408

Ronin19
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 8:47 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

That dragon is too adorable for words!

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 10:50 am 
Anonymous Fish

Thanks for the video link! Cautiously optimistic.

Anonymous Fish
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm 
Anonymous Fish

i'm excited to play this when it comes out! the art style is adorable, and the premise seems interesting. i just hope i can have a black dragon so i can name him Toothless :heart:
i understand the apprehension a lot of people appear to feel, considering the reviews of the previous games. personally, i was really eager to play Hometown Story (i love the idea of owning a cute little shop), but i only played for maybe 45 minutes, and spent 30 of those minutes completely lost, trying to get back to my house. hopefully this one is easier to navigate for the directionaly-challenged such as myself :lol:

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 22, 2018 7:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Ironically, the only special preorder plushie I own comes from a game I've never played. It's Ember, from Hometown Story. It's a dragon too. Coincidence?!

Ah, Hometown Story. The game with a reveal video so broad and vague, they probably didn't know what it would be about themselves.

I remember the teaser asked the viewer if they wanted to do a fairy.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2018 8:20 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Direct feed footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSy_S7Dl5FQ

Looks really cute, but the pop-in, camera movement being janky and tons of loading screens are a bit of a bummer. Nothing I couldn't handle (I got through AP with crazy amounts of loading screens) but since they have a good amount of time still to polish, hopefully they can improve it.

Otherwise seems really charming!

Getaris
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah it clearly needs a lot of polish.

Let's hope the finished game improves.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2018 11:39 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hnnnng, I waaaant it. Loading issues aside, I love it's look + feel. Super charming.

Night Owl
Post Posted: Mar 23, 2018 12:23 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

The game looks so charming and cute, it's definitely on my list now. I will say that I'm a really big fan of the music since it just fits in so well with the game's look. I could work with the amount of loading since it just seems to take a few seconds, but they should really smooth out the camera. Especially since I've begun to find myself more effected by in-game cameras causing motion sickness. Still, they should probably tweak the transition from cutscene to cutscene and then cutscene to gameplay. They've got time to fix things though. Otherwise, it looks really good. I can easily see myself spending a lot of time on this game with no problem. Especially when the dragon comes into play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next