Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 09, 2020 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next

How are you liking the game so far?
I love it! It’s everything I’ve dreamed of and more!!! 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
So far so good. Too early to tell. 41%  41%  [ 9 ]
It’s alright...but I was expecting more 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
It’s an Animal Crossing game...nothing more, nothing less 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Don’t like it but I’ll play longer to see if that changes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Don’t like it, will be returning 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22
Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 7:21 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

:/ Not being able to craft from storage is definitely starting to drive me nuts... (Did the game director not test her own game? Cause I feel like a lot of this crafting stuff was OK'd by people who haven't spent/wasted time on it.) NOBODY likes inventory management! And nothing wastes my time more than having to dump materials on the ground because my inventory is arbitrarily small and I can't craft from anywhere other than my arbitrarily small inventory...

If it wasn't taking away coronavirus stress I think I'd be disappointed. :lol: Sigh.

No special characters this morning, but I got a lot of materials collected, and made a couple little collections of outdoor furniture I'm hoping to eventually see villagers interacting with. Worth a try.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 7:55 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yup, quigley; I have about 28,000 Nook Miles right now since none of my trips to Mystery Islands are going well any more (all the same island with my native fruit and flowers, and no special fishing or bug-catching or rocks or anything.) I'm saving up to unlock any good stuff. Right now I can unlock 2 new fence DIY recipes each day, it seems, but other than those, I'm just gonna hoard my miles. I want to be able to unlock water and cliff 'scaping right away, and as many paths as I can, too, so having a hoard should come in handy eventually. I wonder what the cap is on how many Miles you can have.

I have a record player, playing a KK Slider tune out beside hte plaza, and today Reneigh was singing along to it. (Very cute, and sounded good, too.) And Peanut is out and about and she went to the square to do what appears to be yoga. And my villagers all seem to just LOVE to play airplane all day. That and sweep, lol, and water flowers. My sister says my villagers all seem 'so happy' and it sounded vaguely like a criticism, lol. Apparently her villagers never play airplane. Or whatever it is they are actually doing.

It's so tempting to time-travel...just two days!...but I'm resisting.

I really want to get a DIY recipe for something big. A lighthouse or a windmill or etc.

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 8:21 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I now have to wait for the residential building to upgrade and... I'll probably end up time traveling for it. Being stuck in the house all day long has made it hard to resist. :(

I also finally caught a Stringfish last night!! Crafted a bunch of bait and then didn't need any of it, good stuff. Went to one more semi-crap island and decided I'll just start hoarding my miles too, especially since I'm hoping we unlock a bunch more stuff with the residential building upgrade.

quigley
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 8:29 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

EDIT: Somehow accidentally quoted my previous post rather than edited it.

Last edited by quigley on Mar 26, 2020 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 9:35 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Kikki if you’re still curious of what happens when someone is visiting you, this is the scene it shows you.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Credit where credit is due, I saw this in a GameXplain video, but...

:D Can't believe I'd never seen this site before...but in case somebody else hasn't, you can make patterns (including from pictures) outside the game on acpatterns.com

And the Switch Online app is up and running to transfer your QR codes into the game. (Still not sure about EXPORT...) This'll definitely be my method for patterns to customize furniture with, though. I'd like to try applying some to clothing and see how easy it is to tweak. Probably how I'll spend my day with Resident Services closed.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 12:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mikodesu wrote:
Credit where credit is due, I saw this in a GameXplain video, but...

:D Can't believe I'd never seen this site before...but in case somebody else hasn't, you can make patterns (including from pictures) outside the game on acpatterns.com

And the Switch Online app is up and running to transfer your QR codes into the game. (Still not sure about EXPORT...) This'll definitely be my method for patterns to customize furniture with, though. I'd like to try applying some to clothing and see how easy it is to tweak. Probably how I'll spend my day with Resident Services closed.

Yes thank you lol it was easy

Spoiler:

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 1:11 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Thanks, Shan. :)

I'm really against TTing while still early in the game because I get tired of games easily and I don't want to hasten the process with ACNH by rushing through new content. But...it's awfully hard to resist when you're really stressed out and having a bad day and you only want to TT two days. And I'm also curious about how it works. My inclination is to TT BACK one day to see if you basically repeat the day in some ways (in AC if you TTed over the same dates, the stores would stock the same things and be sold out if you'd already bought things in the stores on those days. That's what happened to me when I tried it, anyway) and then just go one day forward again to be on the correct date.

Currently still resisting, but we'll find out what happens. I'm gonna try to find something else to do instead of AC so I don't resort to TTing, but honestly AC is the most fun and distracting thing to do, at the moment. Though I could write something indulgent, instead. That's always fun.

EDIT: Okay, if anyone's curious! I lost my urge to TT for progress, somehow, but...it was killing me, wondering what would happen if I travelled BACK a day instead of forward. And it turns out, it's pretty much like New Leaf. It's not worthwhile. My Resident Services building did NOT progress to being under construction, everything was already purchased at the store, and the villagers acted as though I'd been talking to them all day already. So it just transported me back to a day that the game already remembered me playing.

I thought the same thing would happen when I reset my Switch clock to the right time (synced with online time) but as it turned out, it was partly the same (the store stuff I'd already bought remained sold out, etc) but my Resident Services did actually change to being 'under construction'. So I ended up gaining one day in terms of progress, though mostly everything else was already done and not renewed by the clock reset. If you want the full perks of TTing, you have to travel to a NEW day, not go back to a day you've already played and then forward again to the day you'd already started on.

If that makes any sense. I'm still confused, tbh, but I do know for sure that my RS building was to be done on Friday originally, but now it'll be done tomorrow, so I did gain one day there, though I traveled twice. Feels totally not right and I definitely won't be doing it again, lol.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 5:45 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Shan O 123 wrote:
Yes thank you lol it was easy

Spoiler:

Aw~ that would be cute on a villager! :) Hope we get to dress them later on.

And in other news pattern sharing must come later...saw this on Twitter.

Also I can confirm the rare islands are just random. :/ Saw one earlier on a stream, and the streamer was not time traveling, so. Boo?

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 6:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I think patterns can’t be shared without the Able Sisters shop built. I don’t time travel but I’m antsy to get to that point because I’ve been making designs for friends and family but can’t share them yet.

My latest:

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 6:44 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Marina was worriedly staring at this tarantula and sighed in relief when I caught it. What a cutie ;;

I did time travel for the residential building upgrade and now I kind of feel like I cheated myself lol. I should be occupied for a while now at least, and I still have the Able Sisters and terraforming to look forward to, though I have no idea how long that will take to unlock. I don't see myself editing the terrain of my island too much but I'm dying for paths.

Mikodesu
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 8:20 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

^ How cute. Marina is the most adorable. ;o; <3 Precious thing.

Your cockatiel turned out adorably, Fin! :) Hard not to get antsy when you just want to make more cute stuff. Hopefully Able Sisters will be the next thing to build - seems like it will be at least.

So I had a good night! Wisp gave me a nice looking DIY table and I otherwise spent the evening on Stringfish patrol. (I think I get the rage on Twitter for fish bait and black bass now. :lol: That was something else.)

Stringfish patrol was a success though. With what I sell in the morning I'll have netted over 100k, and had a pretty successful night of shooting stars. I'd definitely recommend clam digging on shooting star nights, eases the suffering quite a bit.

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 25, 2020 11:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Hey, my player character has the same beauty mark as yours, Fin. :) Looks almost identical, except on the opposite cheek. I was trying to get mine under the eye or under the eyebrow, but I couldn't get it close enough for my liking, so I had to go for the cheek. Which is actually where my own is, but not what I was aiming for in my character.

Ugh, I so don't want to be awake at this hour. -__-

Update your game if you like to be able to play online, guys :) We're at version 1.1.1 now, and it sounds like you won't be allowed access to multiplayer unless you update. The update is probably to remove the little multiplayer glitch where you can duplicate an item...my sister told me about it. (She loves to try glitches, though I don't think she had a chance to try this one.) Something about one person spinning a table with something on it, and the other person snatching it off while they were doing so. I always wonder how people even DISCOVER these glitches.

~

EDIT: So, since I gained one day when I re-synced my clock to the internet after my 'experiment' of trying to TT backwards one day, I now have my RS upgrade. Though...if I had actually played the game from midnight on release, this is where I'd already be anyway, as I'd have had my house upgraded one day earlier and started all that process that much sooner, so if I look at it that way, I feel okay about it. TTing feels creepy though (well, it does when you go backwards, anyway...feels like you're looking at your own history!)

I'm really happy to finally have the hourly music! And Mabel showed up for me for the first time today, and omg, she sold me the cutest shirt ever. It's called a sweetheard shirt, and it's exactly the type of cute thing that I could never wear IRL because of an overly generous top half...irl this style would just make me look like a silly girly barrel. It's so cute on Alizée, though!

I'm a bit sad that Tom Nook is stepping down, even though I already knew that'd happen. He seemed so much more a part of everything the other way. I hope it doesn't go back to feeling like New Leaf, where all Tom was to me was a businessman who sat behind a desk, just waiting for you to bring him all of your money.

quigley
Post Posted: Mar 26, 2020 3:47 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Mikodesu wrote:
:/ Not being able to craft from storage is definitely starting to drive me nuts... (Did the game director not test her own game? Cause I feel like a lot of this crafting stuff was OK'd by people who haven't spent/wasted time on it.) NOBODY likes inventory management! And nothing wastes my time more than having to dump materials on the ground because my inventory is arbitrarily small and I can't craft from anywhere other than my arbitrarily small inventory...

If it wasn't taking away coronavirus stress I think I'd be disappointed. :lol: Sigh.

Oh my gosh, yes. That is probably my #1 complaint. I hope they fix it with an update.

Kikki wrote:
Yup, quigley; I have about 28,000 Nook Miles right now since none of my trips to Mystery Islands are going well any more (all the same island with my native fruit and flowers, and no special fishing or bug-catching or rocks or anything.) I'm saving up to unlock any good stuff. Right now I can unlock 2 new fence DIY recipes each day, it seems, but other than those, I'm just gonna hoard my miles. I want to be able to unlock water and cliff 'scaping right away, and as many paths as I can, too, so having a hoard should come in handy eventually. I wonder what the cap is on how many Miles you can have.

I have a record player, playing a KK Slider tune out beside hte plaza, and today Reneigh was singing along to it. (Very cute, and sounded good, too.) And Peanut is out and about and she went to the square to do what appears to be yoga. And my villagers all seem to just LOVE to play airplane all day. That and sweep, lol, and water flowers. My sister says my villagers all seem 'so happy' and it sounded vaguely like a criticism, lol. Apparently her villagers never play airplane. Or whatever it is they are actually doing.

It's so tempting to time-travel...just two days!...but I'm resisting.

I really want to get a DIY recipe for something big. A lighthouse or a windmill or etc.

I understand. It's definitely a good idea to save up as many miles as you can for the more expensive items, so good for you!

Would you be willing to trade me for a record player? I really like that item. I would pay you, of course!

Kikki
Post Posted: Mar 26, 2020 6:53 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

There are lots of ways we could do that. What are your native flowers and/or what kinds of seeds do you get in your store? I've yet to encounter violets, mums or cosmos, and would be very happy to trade a record player for seeds of any of those flowers, in any colour. Though it's a portable record player, not the gramaphone style. It looks like a record player in a wooden suitcase, lol...I have a clip of Reneigh singing along with the record if you want to see it, in the spoiler below. If you don't want that style of record player, no worries. But if still interested, the portable record player is 4,000 Bells. 3 stacks of 5 of flowers would be 3,600 and be a fair trade, imo. Otherwise, sure, bells themselves are okay. :) Let me know if you want it and I'll PM you to decide how we do that.

Spoiler:

~

Man...creating my town flag took FOREVER. A representation of 'wind' may be a little abstract, but it wasn't actually that tricky in the end, but it involves a lot of swirling, so many curves...which are hard to do smoothly. At least for me!

Spoiler:

Got the campsite up, got a new bridge installed, and I have enough to upgrade my house again, but...I think I'll keep my bells for a while longer, since I'm gonna want to build a ramp tomorrow, and upgrading my house isn't a priority any more. I don't think further upgrades to the house unlock anything, either, except expanded storage. I'm going to wait for the campsite to build and then start going on island tours again...I'm hoping maybe it'll trigger me finally occasionally getting a rarer island with different flowers/hybrids, or better fish or bugs to catch.

Happy to have lots of new things to buy and DIY recipes, though my goodness, so expensive! Good thing I saved my Miles...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 30  Next