Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently May 28, 2020 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next
Simply Unknown
  Post subject: Re: Backlog 2020
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2020 4:17 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Happy to help, Pachi!

As for my April, I will be getting my own copy of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, sometime next week so I will have to focus on that. Then I'll do some more Rune Factory and play the new Trials of Mana game that I preordered. After that, I'm pretty sure that will tide me over until the DLC for Sword/Shield come out. I don't have as much time to dedicate to gaming outside of the weekend since thankfully work hasn't closed on me yet. Not positive if I want to pick up Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town yet...Might wait for some English reviews.

cinnamon_yuki
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I've just finished Arc 2 of Rune Factory 4 and triggered Arc 3. I also caved in and got AC Ne Horizons digitally. Can't wait to escape for a while.

There's no concrete release date for SoS Fomt yet but going to buy it since this is one of my first BokuMono game. I can't wait!

Ronin19
Post Posted: Mar 27, 2020 5:50 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

April is gonna be mostly AC and Persona 5 Royal. I don't have many games coming out that month, so it'll be nice and relaxing. I may have some more games coming out then like Summer in Mara since it has a Spring 2020 release. I know May is gonna be busy at the end of the month though.

Edit: I just finished marrying Dylas, so I am done with story mode for Rune Factory 4 Special! Just gonna go through Newlywed Mode for the guys and Another Story for everyone minus Ventuswil because I already saw that.

With Story of Seasons Friends of Mineral Town given a release window, I think I'll try and play the 3 GB Harvest Moon games between now and when Persona 5 Royal gets delivered to my house along with finishing my house in Animal Crossing.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 28, 2020 5:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Aw yiss, I got Samurai to level 80 today in FFXIV! ...I then had to spend over 1 million gil (pretty much ALL my money) to get the best armor available. RIP my wallet, but I can do endgame content doing DPS now instead of healing! Don't get me wrong, I love being a White Mage, but having to not babysit people who like walking into AOEs constantly is a nice break. Also, level 80 Samurai has some really fun rotations, it's a lot of fun to play. I plan on learning Dark Knight next, but not for awhile.

I'm in the last section of Chapter 3 in Cold Steel 3, I think (third day). I plan on finishing it tomorrow and I'll have to see how I feel after it before jumping into chapter 4. I'm liking the game a lot, it's great so far, but I can feel the weight of the several phonebook sized scripts as I play it. I feel like the previous two games had a faster pace, but it has been several years since I played them. I breezed through both of them while this one feels like it keeps going and going. Maybe it's because the story is shared between Rean and his students rather than focusing solely on his perspective.

Gonna go play the Bravely Default II demo before bed and see if it's my cup of tea. You would think it is, but I wasn't a fan of the first game and an ex friend of mine was obsessed with the series and it reminds me of her, so I have this dumb stigma towards it as a whole. I loved the gameplay and music, but nothing else. Maybe the fresh cast will change my mind.

Harvest Moon kawaii
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 9:32 am 
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Spoiler:
Recently beat:

Yoshi's New Island(3DS)
Kirby's Blowout Blast (3DS)

Backlog:

(3DS, Nintendo Switch, and PC) = A lot (over 136 games)

Currently playing:

Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
Ciconia When They Cry (Steam/PC)

Games I have pre-ordered:

Digimon Survive (2020)

Games I want:

Luigi's Mansion (3DS)
Rune Factory 5 (Switch; 2020)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou (Switch) (Japanese only)
Snack Wold The Dungeon Crawl Gold (Switch)
Detective Pikachu 2 (Switch; release date unknown)
Story of Seasons: Reunion of Mineral Town (Switch) (West: Summer 2020)
Robotics; Notes Elite (Switch) (Coming 2020 in the West)
Robotics; Notes Dash (confirmed for the West)
Yo-kai Watch 4 (Switch; confirmed for the West)
Rewrite+ (PC)
Code Realize: ~Future Blessings~ (April 23, 2020)
Disaster Report 4: Summer Memories (April 7, 2020)

Games beat in 2020: 2

Games bought in 2020: At least 7 (of those with confirmed release dates)

So, I have the Resident Services building/town hall now. And, I think I'll be able to get the Able Sisters' Store soon since I bought everything on Saturday and Sunday. Got the campsite built and an extra log bridge built to connect to where I put Nook's Cranny.

Been playing Ciconia When They Cry again and got 2 more hours in so far, continuing from where I left off. I'm now 10 hours in, and I hope I'll be finished with it soon. I can't say much here, because everything would be considered a spoiler at this point.

greensara
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 2:55 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I haven't really touched my backlog since Animal Crossing came out, but I am sure I will get back to it once my island is in more of a maintenance state and I have things set up the way I want. I will probably work on Yoshi's Woolley World or Twilight Princess next.

I had a big face palm moment yesterday when I was playing Pokemon Shield. I was doing some raid battles to get the newest batch of G-max Pokemon. I had finally got in on a Duraladon battle, got it weakened, and was thinking," Okay, I need to pick a repeat ball not an ultra." Unfortunately I was playing in handheld mode and it was in a super drifting mood, so when I was about to pick the option to catch, the red joycon decided to scroll again and I picked don't catch! Noo! Fortunately I tried again today with my pro controller and had no issues catching one. One of these days I'll need to try getting one of the newer sets of joycons if I want to play more in handheld mode without getting so aggravated with the drifting in both joycons, especially the right one.

Pachi
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 4:16 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

I completed my Pokedex and got the shiny charm! :lala:

@greensara I feel you! I was finally able to beat a gmax charizard but it didn't go in the ball! So frustrating! I was able to catch a duraludon though.

Code_Name_Geek
Post Posted: Mar 29, 2020 9:52 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Oh boy I had a lot of issues in the third dungeon of Persona 5, mostly due to me getting confused by game mechanics that I had forgotten since last playing. But it turns out I made really good progress despite this since I got to the Treasure already and I have a lot of time before the deadline. I’m going to take a few days to do some more relaxing stuff before the boss fight though lol.

I also played the Bravely Default 2 demo which left me with some very mixed feelings. I totally loved the visuals and music but didn’t enjoy the changes to the battle system so much. I think overall it was a still a positive experience, just not quite as positive as I had hoped (I was possibly excessively hyped though lol).

There aren’t any new releases for me in the near future, but I have plenty of games to play so I don’t mind. If anything, I might buy Rune Factory 4S or Octopath Traveler if I get through a bunch of games in this quarantine (which is looking likely lol). Next on the radar for me is the Pokémon SwSh DLC in June and SoS:FoMT in “Summer 2020”.

Bluie
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2020 6:30 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bravely Default II demo also left me with some mixed feelings. The Visuals (while are kinda jarring next to the rest of the series) do look nice and the music is really, really good, it just feels kinda 'eh' overall. It IS just a demo that's sole purpose to show off and get feedback, but It'll most likely be a pass for me regardless. I would rather have another Octopath Traveler, but I'm probably in the minority.

Finished Chapter 3 in Cold Steel III and I am both upsetti and intrigued. Will most likely work on chapter 4 this week. I've heard it's long so I'll prepare myself for that.

Started Michiru's route in Grisaia and it seems like it'll be interesting. Wasn't really expecting her quirk to be revealed so early on (this Visual Novel like to take hours of character development before getting to the plot), but I'm interested now.

Gonna be a little distracted by FFXIV today because the Easter event has started and I'm going to wear that silly bunny suit while I level my black mage because it hilarious. Leveling dark knight in it would also tickle my funny bone. Roulettes are gonna be full of bunnies for the next week or so I predict.

CandyQueenFogu
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2020 8:09 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Oof, my backlog is TREMENDOUS! I legit can't post them all here without overloading the server lol. I've been trying to get back into gaming after I fell out of it for a while. I'm not quite sure why, I want to say it's because my depression got really bad, but oddly enough when I look back, I can't quite remember WHY I stopped gaming. :shock:

Ronin19
Post Posted: Mar 30, 2020 8:25 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I might have to put the Gameboy Harvest Moons on hold for a bit since Persona 5 Royal comes out soon. I won't get my copy until Wednesday, but you never know. I'll probably just test them out, but I don't really feel like a farming mood. Might have to do with finishing Rune Factory 4 Special up recently, but I want to get these three done and over with before the Friends of Mineral Town remake comes out.

I did pay off my house in Animal Crossing New Horizons and donated every bug and fish I can in March, so it's just a matter of waiting until April for the new stuff. I'll still do my dailies, finish up the game's "story," and just collect bells to help make my island a paradise.

Edit: So I didn't realize how barebones the GB Harvest Moon games are until now. About more so than the first Harvest Moong game imo. Dunno if it's too old for me to play, it's just not that entertaining to me, or I'm not in the mood to play them. For now, I'm taking them off my backlog because if I ignore games for so long I'm just not gonna play them in the end anyway.

Somerandom
Post Posted: Apr 02, 2020 12:46 am 
New Seedling
New Seedling

I ordered a couple more games for isolation even though I am still busy at the moment.
Harvest Moon frantic farming
My Chinese coach
Imagine party planner
Street fighter x tekken
(My Chinese coach and party planner I bought, pretty much to criticise the quality of these games.)

I have unlocked Jin and Violet’s endings in Tekken tag 2, but other than that I really haven’t completed anything in the past couple of weeks. In Harvest Moon animal parade, I have almost finished spring of year 3 so only one more in game year to go before I finish it!

I wish everyone all the best in these uncertain times.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Apr 02, 2020 3:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Finished the first dungeon in Persona 5 Royal, so I'm making progress. I'm only gonna play through the game once since I've played through Persona 5 twice before. At the moment, I don't feel like platinuming the game quite yet. I did tell my boyfriend that when I don't have any new games coming in I'm gonna go through all the Persona games in order so he can experience them. It's a nice way to eliminate 1 and both P2 games from my backlog as well.

As I said in the AC thread, I got the balloon glitch, so the seasonal events aren't gonna be working for me, unfortunately. I did finish most of terraforming I wanted to do (Need to move Nook's Cranny and a villager house to completely finish it), I moved the museum, and I'm building a new bridge. It's all coming together! Tomorrow I'm building an incline and moving Nook's Cranny to a new location. I need those cherry blossom recipes, so I hope Nintendo either rolls out a patch to fix the bugs or, at least, sends out recipes for everyone so they don't miss out on them.

I think after Persona 5 Royal, I'm gonna work on The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. It's my last physical Wii/Wii U game I have left to beat and I feel like playing one.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Apr 02, 2020 3:44 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Octopath - Finished Therion, Ophilia, Primrose, & Cyrus' stories
Spoiler:
Therion - Really good ending imo. Ties well into his character arc and Darius' fate was very fitting/poetic.

Ophilia - good. Moving at times, albeit I wasn't too into Ophilia herself the theme of grief/loss/family was good. Mattias' voice acting was pretty damn good too.

Primrose - overall, it was good. Her ch1 will always be the best but imo the aesthetic and general performance of the chapter 4 was good, but it just feels...disjointed. Simeon shouldve been introduced earlier and imo his reasoning for killing her dad is pretty weak. The "evil to be evil" reasoning is always weak for me, especially considering how her story is a foil to Olberic+Erhardt's situation which imo was more complex (in terms of Erhardt's reasoning). That, plus the ending didn't really feel emotionally satisfying. I do like how it sticks with the "getting vegeance doesn't really fill the void," theme. Idk. I think i wouldve enjoyed it more if Simeon wasn't a raging psychopath and just simply did evil but had good intentions (at some point) but got lost on the path and there would be more weight in terms of her hesitation to kill him. Or maybe I wouldve liked it more if there were more flashbacks to give reason for her attachment to him.

Cyrus - he had great dialogue in this chapter, but imo the boss' reasoning for the whole thing was weeeeaaak. Not to mention the whole "knolwedfe isnt evil, people use it for bad" in this story's context is kind of very wrong. If a book is telling you how to sacrifice people in order to make ugly abominations, get power, or unleash evil from it's prison; the knowledge is dangerous and SHOULD be destroyed. Somethings might hold value or be used otherwise, but imo not everything should be shared all willy nilly. Also, I just can't like Therese after she lied about her professor + cost him his job (temporarily) just cause she was jealous. That « Cow Poopoo » shouldn't be excused/overlooked. I did like the lore stuff tho.

Only 4 more chapters left, and then it's grind-mania until true end. I tried taking on the sorcerer boss for the job, but he whooped my « Mr.Gourmet's hat ».

Pachi
Post Posted: Apr 02, 2020 4:27 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

After pining for almost two years, I finally buy WILL: A Wonderful World as it's on sale on the switch eshop :lol:

I am 14hrs in in Okami and I am enjoying it a lot! I suck at active/real time battle and jumping (lmao) but I really love using celestial brushes to solve the dungeon puzzles. I've been looking for games like these since Golden Sun, where battle mechanics are also used outside battle. I'm at the Moon Cave now and just finished acquiring the ingredients for the appetizer, which was very tedious wth lol I also like how the characters are very quirky! I am loving Kushi's spunk and Amaterasu is floooof :lala:

Backlog status
Spoiler:
Currently playing
Okami

Backlog
Stardew Valley
AI: The Somnium Files
Hatoful Boyfriend
WILL: A Wonderful World
ANB

Finished
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Octopath Traveler

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 34  Next