Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:I love Endora. They're a precious baby and I honestly don't want Mihoyo to fix the bug of Endora staying around for combat.
Agreed, super cute new pet. Loved Paimon's jealousy even though we already have a mini Seelie too lol. I really prefer Endora over the Seelies too, because the Seelies squeak waaaaay too often and easily get on my nerves. Endora is much quieter in comparison.

Did the new 'Fetes' in FFXIV last night and they were SO CHAOTIC (there were so many players in the instance I was lagging HARD), but I ended up getting everything I wanted! Got the the new 'Peacelover' glam and the new mount too! I actually got two of the mounts and gave the extra to a FC mate who was admiring me riding it around(then we rode around together!). It'll probably be a popular market board item (along with the glam pieces) for millions of gil for a few days, and then it'll decrease to chump change until the Fetes are no longer popular, annnnd then it'll be outrageously expensive because it's old content. *shrug* it's just how the game's economy works. I'm kicking myself a bit now because I should have bought some stuff when they were cheaper during their patch release, and now they're a royal pain to get. But on another note, I sold the 2B hair for FAT STACKS, so whatever~ XD

Methinks today is Rune Factory Tides of Destiny day. Maybe.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Hello it's been a while (again) ^^;; I've fallen back into the manga and light novel blackhole, so I've been spending my free time reading instead of clearing the backlog :P

Anyways, I've decided to drop Ni No Kuni; it hurts to do this to a beautiful game but it's just not working for me, and I keep dreading having to continue the game lmao. idk yet if this is permanent or if I'll pick it up again someday. On the other hand, I've progressed with Collar x Malice last weekend and already finished three routes (Okazaki, Enomoto, Sasazuka) :lol: thoughts below:
Spoiler:
Sooo far my ranking would be Okazaki / Sasazuka > Enomoto. I played the common route blind and ended up with Okazaki first even though I was going for Enomoto, and omg I'm just swooooning over his va Yuki Kaji lmaoooo I honestly don't know if I like Okazaki because of his character (tbh the whole "I want to die for you" was a bit too much and frustrating for me, but I do like that he makes Ichika feel safe) or because of Yuki Kaji :lol: his route was very dramatic, so when I got to Enomoto's, I thought his kinda fell short (well, just relatively);; Enomoto's route was really funny though; there were many times I laughed out loud. For Sasazuka, oh booooy I did not expect to like this guy as much as I do now. My initial impression from the common route was that there was a discrepancy(?) with his looks and voice but it's actually ok and I got used to it quick. I used to think I don't like his trope, buut idk I think Sasazuka's was well executed?? I find the feeding thing actually endearing lmao it's like, he treasures Ichika enough to share his favorite food with her when he won't with others? that's the kind of vibe I get. I also love that he walks the talk when it's about his hacking abilities -- that is very attractive. He also loves to drink away stress, so that's very relatable. Day drinking and drinking at home? Heck yeah sign me up
ahh I have so much stuff due for school this week that it's so hard to hold back starting Shiraishi's route. Hopefully on Sunday I can start his... on that note, both CxM games are on sale on the eshop right now, so I bought CxM Unlimited. When I finished Okazaki's route, I already knew I wanted this bonus content :lol:

I also got SOS POOT on release day; I'm only in the middle of Spring Y1 so I haven't really made a lot of progress yet. I'm at that point where I've unlocked most of the basic stuff so I want to arrange the farm, but I don't have any ideas yet how I'll do that :'D so I've been putting that off because I'm pretty swamped irl and kinda don't really want to use my brain during my free time lmao

Backlog status
Spoiler:
Currently playing - 3
Collar x Malice
SOS POOT
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

Backlog - 7
The World Ends With You
Stardew Valley
Moonlighter
Paradise Killer
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc
Collar x Malice Unlimited

Finished - 4
Tales of Vesperia
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma

Dropped - 1
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Riesenraddieb
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote: I love Endora. They're a precious baby and I honestly don't want Mihoyo to fix the bug of Endora staying around for combat. And I love their booger animation. :lol:
Hm, yes! So much yes. The Seelie are cute too but their noises are awfull. Endora is official my new pet and team mascot!

Managed to ascend Albedo yesterday to 70/80, got Childe two talent levels and pulled a Wolf's Gravestone to my surprise. I swear I cursed! That game wants me to focus in Diluc! Also maxxed out his Prototyp Archaic the day before ... Just why? QwQ
This week I'm farming materials, next week Artivacts!

Not sure what Game to pick up along the line. MH Rise ist fine but after my group literally forcing my to play with them even if my back and head Starts hurting after an hour (sitting in front of my PC and must play in Handheld mode) I don't want to play the game anymore. :/
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Welp, Tides of Destiny did not happen yesterday. I actually ended up getting sucked into FFXIV and organizing Fete parties with my FC and getting as many newbies as possible involved in the event. During the 2 hour wait time between the Fetes, I played Monster Hunter Rise and finally finished all the Village Quests.
Spoiler:

So, from now on, I live in the Hunter Hub whenever I want to do hunts/the rest of the story. There is honestly a lot coming at me at once in the end of April. Monster Hunter Rise is going to get it's 2.0 update (date still unannounced) adding more monsters, World's End Economica Complete is FINALLY releasing on Switch on April 22nd and I intend to play it, NieR Replicant is out on April 23rd, Genshin Impact gets it's 1.5 update on April 28th, and New Pokemon Snap is out on April 30th. Although I have no releases in May and June, it's still a lot to suddenly have on my plate, plus all the other games I'm still sitting on and the ones I want to replay. I just can't justify replaying anything right now when I have other NEW games demanding my attention. Maybe I can get caught up before that upcoming July release (Monster Hunter Stories 2) and actually make a dent in my backlog. Hopefully.

Current Backlog:
Spoiler:
Currently Working on:
Monster Hunter Rise
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Forever Playing:
Final Fantasy XIV
Genshin Impact
Clubhouse Games 51 Worldwide Classics

Backlog:
Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
Eternal Sonata
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Robotics;Notes Elite

Upcoming Purchases:
World's End Economica Complete
NieR Replicant
New Pokemon Snap
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Rune Factory 5
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond
Chicory: A Colorful Tale
Astria Ascending

Wishlist/Will buy later when all DLC releases:
Spiritfarer
Laid Back Camp Virtual Series
Raging Loop
Famicom Detective duology
Atelier Ryza 2
Samurai Warriors 5
Disgaea 6
Yakuza: Like a Dragon
Scarlet Nexus
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I just beat Golden Sun Dark Dawn! I wish there was a sequel because of how it ended. It needs a sequel! The game is 10 years old though, so it probably won't get one.

That means I'm done playing my 3DS! I've now got about 45 games left spread across 4 systems (PC, Switch, PS Vita, and Wii U)
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

The Genshin 1.5 update looks good! Pretty pog? Both excited and a little terrified for the house building stuff. It looks fun but...the time sink! I still haven't done a single hangout!

Kinda glad that I have no interest in the new 4 star...I do not want a Zhongli constellation. He's great to have - miladdy saved my account back when I ascended my world twice without ascending my characters (oops), but 5 star constellations feel like traps. Eula looks pretty cool though (her name is never going to work for me. EULA - End User License Agreement...). Ice Razor! Depending on the 4 stars on her banner I might throw a few wishes at it (after Venti I'm kinda paranoid...)

The big save is for the pink haired Inazuma girl they showed on the Chinese livestream. :o She looks so pretty. And if she has a voice actress in Chinese...the Inazuma beta couldn't be far off? (Pure speculation, but. Yeah.)

--
In other news...starting a little Oceanid farming since I'm getting close to AR50 and as far as I'm aware the 'you can lower your world level' thing only applies for one world level. I'm still glad I lowered it back after leveling it up but Oceanid is no longer scary. :lol: It's still tedious, but the last time I was farming I got KO'd with a water damage reduction potion and food, and now I can survive (barely) without either. Maybe the boss' damage got nerfed. That would still be legal in China I think.

If nothing else the downtime between 1.4 and 1.5 will be a great time to finally play something else!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Why, when I'm in a gaming funk, does buying more games seem even more appealing? Does my stupid head think that if I buy a new game, I'll suddenly regain my interest?

Not that I bought a new game. I do have some self-control, lol, so all the games I said I wanted ten or whatever pages back, whenever I last made a list...I haven't purchased them. But somehow it's more tempting than ever, even though it's the worst time for me to get one. Since I know that, I'm resisting, but it's annoying that my own brain is playing with me. It doesn't even make sense since there's nothing I'm excited about right now. Even Rune Factory 5. If we got a North American release date for it today, I think my response would simply be, "Ah. Okay." A shrug, really. What would it take to get me hyped these days? Oh...an XCX Switch port would do it, I'm pretty sure. I'm always afraid my Wii U will give up the ghost and then I'll never be able to play XCX again. More concrete info on Tales of Arise might get me a little perked up, too. We're supposed to get more 'this spring', but... Ah. BotW2 would definitely get me hyped up. But clearly only things I find huge would do. I wonder why I don't think of RF5 as something huge.

Here's my list of existing or upcoming games that I am considering buying...just those already out, or releasing this spring and summer. I think I will end up buying 50-70% of this list, eventually. Haven is a definite, some day, and so is Legend of Mana's remaster and Skyward Sword for Switch, and I hope Ys IX. (I still have to test the demo a few more times to try to find a camera setting that won't make my head lurch. Gaming or no, I really should get that out of the way today!) Everything else is a 'maybe'. I think this is every possibility for the next half year.
  • Cozy Grove (already available)
  • Haven (already available)
  • Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (already available)
  • Pokemon Snap (April 30)
  • Famicom Detective Club mystery games (May 14)
  • Miitopia (May 21)
  • Legend of Mana remaster (June 24)
  • Scarlet Nexus (June 25)
  • Monster Hunter Stories 2 (July 9)
  • Skyward Sword (July 16)
  • Bustafellows ('summer')
  • Garden Story ('2021')
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Finished 5.5 in FFXIV, I enjoyed it. The Nier raid is definitely the highlight. I wasn't a huge fan of the first two, but this one is up there with the Ivalice raids for me. I also like the armor sets from this one a lot more, so I actually have a reason to keep running it. It was my first time getting to participate in an alliance raid on release day and it's such a fun experience. The chaos when no one knows the mechanics is absolutely hilarious.

I'm pretty much done with Monster Hunter Rise until new content drops, so I'm basically just waiting for all the games that are about to come out. I didn't realize Nier Replicant was releasing so soon until I saw people talking about it during the Nier raid, so I'll definitely be picking that up next. I never got to play the original so I'm very excited!

I'm looking forward to Resident Evil Village and Mass Effect Legendary Edition as well, but not sure if I'll pick them up asap. We'll see how badly I fall for the hype once they come out.
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There are plenty of new games in the coming months I'm excited for:

Nier Replicant (April 23)
New Pokemon Snap (April 30)
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (May 14, already bought))
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (May 20, going with the digital deluxe edition)
Mario Golf (June 25)
Monster Hunter Stories 2 (July 9)
Zelda Skyward Sword HD (July 16)
Cris Tales (July 20)
Neo The World Ends with You (July 27)
Life is Strange True Colors (September 10, already bought)

July I'm more than likely getting the new Zelda joycons over a new game if I have to choose something in July since I'm not too certain on July's games. As for this month, I'd rather play New Pokemon Snap than Nier Replicant at the moment; I need to see more gameplay of it first.

At the moment, I've just been playing Temtem's new island. I'm going around and completing the main story along with side quests and catching the new Temtem.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Half complaints, half excitement.

Finished floor 8 of Spiral Abyss. EVER so often I get the itch to go back there. I kinda wish they'd just add more floors rather than keep changing things because I like having something static to come back to and feel like I've actually grown stronger. (Like today. Went from running out of time with the stupid plants to 3 starring the floor.)

(Edited complaint is that the English translation in Genshin can be real « Cow Poopoo » sometimes. There was something in there about finishing floor 8 awarding you with some second big reward that turned out to be the total reward for floors 1 through 8. Reminds me of how I keep hearing about grievous mistranslations of weapon substats that completely change how they work. :roll: Gr.)

The excitement though: if anybody didn't see the developer Q&A that was put out today... Apparently it's not ready yet but they're working on adding gardening to the housing stuff! :D No idea how complicated it'll be but, it would be fun to make our own little flower gardens or even just farm our own cooking/level up materials in our houses! (Your characters will also be able to be put in your house in 1.6. So we've got a while to wait for that but...6 weeks to decorate a place for them to live?)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Mikodesu wrote:The excitement though: if anybody didn't see the developer Q&A that was put out today... Apparently it's not ready yet but they're working on adding gardening to the housing stuff! :D No idea how complicated it'll be but, it would be fun to make our own little flower gardens or even just farm our own cooking/level up materials in our houses! (Your characters will also be able to be put in your house in 1.6. So we've got a while to wait for that but...6 weeks to decorate a place for them to live?)
*Sighs and mentally notes to eventually add Genshin Impact to the 'farming games' thread*

On an actual gameplay note though, it'd be really nice if they'd let us grow flowers we need as materials for ascensions. I cannot tell you how many times I've had family and friends asking me if they can raid my world for specific flowers as they've exhausted their shops and overworld and don't want to wait until next week's refresh. In turn, they help me grind all the overworld bosses I need, but still, those refresh with a teleport, the flowers do not. Having the ability to grow things like say, Cecilias, that only grow on one mountain in the world map and have a limited amount sold weekly at Flora's shop, would be a nice perk to gardening.

I think the thing I'm most excited about in 1.5 is that there's FINALLY going to be Diona content in the form of a hangout. I did finally try a hangout yesterday with Chongyun and unintentionally made him suffer because I thought he was being chunibyo, but he's actually genuinely an exorcist. Whoops. Will probably look up a guide to get the rest of his endings.

---

Played some more Dragon's Dogma yesterday while my husband watched. I'm still early game, around level 20, and I just got the ability to take requests. The dungeon I had to go through with the unkillable tentacle boss was irritating because my Pawns can be absolute dumbasses when they're not helping me fight. I've been told by veterans of this game that it's pretty par for the course. Regardless, if I wasn't bogged down with so many other games demanding my attention, I'd be playing this a lot more often. It's very fun despite the jank.

I also booted up Robotics;Notes again after not touching it for months, and I think I may be ready for it now. I mentioned it in the upcoming thread, but the past handful of VNs I've played have been really disappointing and the only type in the genre I tend to like any more is kinetic (no decisions or branching paths, just reading). Who knows, this one might be a dud too, but I bought it with the intent to play it and I will.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Haven't been feeling great this weekend, but it wasn't a total loss as I got to spend some time with my 3ds when I wasn't sleeping.(I don't really like to play the Switch in bed as it makes my hands fall asleep probably because of the size.) I started up my last used HM3 file and got some good nostalgia vibes playing for a while. I also revisited my annoyance with the set up for the girl farmer compared to the boy. I remembered that I needed to be careful not to get her too tired or she'd get sick the next day, but I had forgotten about the peril of doing almost anything in the rain makes her sick. The boy on the other hand never gets sick no matter the weather or how tired he is. Plus he gets tool power ups and the girl does not, even though she technically has more tools to use. :( I am treating it as a hard mode personally, but I am glad the more recent female protagonists have not been so sickly or otherwise handicapped. Still planning to try to see if I can finish the game as a girl without marrying then marrying afterward. The times I've actually beaten it after 2 years was as the boy, not the girl.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, I didn't even know a feature like that existed in the older Bokumono games. That would NOT go over well, nowadays. I don't think they'd get away with it at all.

~

Trying to psyche myself up to get Fenyx out of the way once and for all. I'd rather try Kerbal Space Program, but Fenyx requires the most willpower right now AND is already about 60% complete, so it makes sense to finish it off before trying anything else. I'm quite behind on finishing games this year, with only 4 completed in 2021, but I haven't been buying much either, so at least there's that. With only about 40% left, I should be able to complete it in a couple of days, if I were to buckle down on it. I never bought any of the DLC, so I only have the main story.

I keep thinking I played something I could report on, but I wonder if I only dreamed about it, lol, cuz I haven't so much as played ten minutes of ACNH, even, since I completed Littlewood. Home re-organizing is going...okay? I've identified what is in the storage room that can go out to he back shed, to clear the shelf space entirely, and once that is done, I can reorganize the whole pantry and the cabinets, and on Wednesday I can finish emptying the basement freezer and reallocating all convenience items down there to free up space to make the upstairs freezer more practical for daily use.

I'm vaguely hoping that once I finish all this kitchen stuff, my desire to play games will miraculously return. Not sure why it would, lol. After April's over, gardening takes off, so there'll be another new large RL task to undertake by the time I'm done with the kitchen/pantry/storage.
greensara
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

It's one of my favorites in the series, probably because it was my first, but yes, it's totally unfair. Compounding that is the fact that the game ends early if you marry playing as the girl, but not as the boy! That was how they did it too when the only other HM you could marry as a girl (the Japanese girl version of BTN) ended at marriage too. I remember how excited fans here and other fan sites were when they announced MFOMT was coming and what a game changer it was going to be (and was). I am really pleased with how the series has grown and improved over the years.
Pachi
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Post  Posted:

Ronin19 wrote:I just beat Golden Sun Dark Dawn! I wish there was a sequel because of how it ended. It needs a sequel! The game is 10 years old though, so it probably won't get one.
Congrats beating the game! I don't think I'll ever stop hoping for a new Golden Sun game :lol:

---
Collar x Malice update: I ended up finishing Shiraishi's route in 1 sitting (only getting up for food lmao). Thoughts below v
Spoiler:
BRUHHH I went all « What The Eggplant » during the ending maaan. I actually already got spoiled who Zero is so I didn't expect any of the guys to be the police mole since I thought it was Zero but omgggg there really is always That One Guy who's secretly in league with the antagonist in every otome huh ^^; I know he's got his secret convos earlier in the route but like,, I didn't want to believe ittt or I was thinking maybe it's a separate organization TT I also accidentally got the tragic end (rip aiming skills) and that was another « What The Eggplant » moment asdfjkd meanwhile the happy(????) end reminded me so much of the movie Parasite asdfasd (aka « What The Eggplant » moment #2). ok so far this dethrone's Okazaki's as the most dramatic route :lol:
I've started Yanagi's chapter 0 in an attempt to move on from Shiraishi's :lol: hopefully i get to play bit by bit during the week despite my school backlog.. else I'll just binge again next Sunday lol