Backlog 2021

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Hey Pachi, did you know that Sean Young (creator of Littlewood) is making another game? A Pokemon style game. And in the 6 starter creature designs he came up with, one was a patchwork teddy-bear looking little dude in rainbow colours, called Pachi. :)

~

Anyway, something nice has happened. Nice-ish? Perhaps my psyche was keeping tally on me. Totalling up what useful things I'd accomplished ever since the start of last fall, or something, and telling me that I've just been total sludge. Cuz the minute I finished clearing all the worst obstacles in front of the basement storage area and was sinking into a chair because I was tired and sore, my brain (or whatever) suddenly told me now would be a nice time to play some games!

I haven't felt like gaming in months. I've done some, but all the gaming I've done has been via willpower, lol. Even when I started to enjoy something...the minute I put a game back down, I had no desire to pick it up again, and only continued by telling myself I had to. The games I played were great but the desire was just not there. (Also, I genuinely think I'm heading into early-onset menopause. Not joking, as I have every single symptom, lol. Not like it's rare! Something like 1 in 100 women have an early-onset version that hits between 40-45. If so, that probably would muck with my head, too. Wish I could get in to see my doc to have him do a serious check of all aspects rather than the single thing he checked two or so years ago.)

I figure some little part of my brain was mad at me for turning into a melting sloth with no motivation to do anything other than nap for half a year. Once I got something done, gaming felt more appropriate? I dunno, but after I move some of the pantry items today, I think I'll actually want to play some. Either Fenyx or Kerbal. Ideally, Fenyx, cuz I'd like to get it out of the way. Well, my motivation to play games is up, anyway. Not sure if I can call this being 'back', but it's better than it's been all year so far. I actually want to open a game! But I'll get some projects accomplished first to try to make sure my head doesn't descend into the goo again, when it's only barely starting to break free.

~

Also, if anyone cares to know, Horizon Zero Dawn Complete is free right now, until May 14th. Because it's free, I'm going to go ahead and secure it by downloading it, since it remains yours forever after that, unlike PS Plus games, which expire when your subscription does. I don't plan to play it any time soon, but it'd be a shame not to grab it while it's free. My bro-in-law nearly gushed about this game. (Character design is kind of ugly but the world looks gorgeous.) There are 9 other games that are also free right now, but I was only interested in Subnautica. The rest are shooters or puzzlers or platformers, which: meh.

The free games are NOT being added to my backlog, as I feel no obligation to play them.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I decided to not go back to school for various reasons after this semester ends the first week of May, so I’ll have more time for games, which is good because that’s my main way to decompress. I’m very excited for Pokémon Snap still, but I’ve been playing a lot of Animal Crossing and not working on my backlog. I’m going to try to force myself to get back to that again, because I really need to finish it up, especially with new games like Snap, Diablo 2 Resurrected, Coral Island, and the other new Pokémon games coming shortly.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Got my cans, jars and bottles all reorganized, even the upstairs ones, and spent 2 hours to let the game update, so when it was done I tried picking up Fenyx again, but...I just can't do it! That game is SO PUZZLE-RIDDEN. It is a dish of puzzles, with a side of puzzles, served with a puzzle sauce. And I only 'liked' Fenyx even when I first picked it up and thought the gameplay was fairly fun. Now that I'm into the more difficult stuff, I remember that I didn't care about any of the characters, whether the gods or Fenyx herself.

I won't abandon it yet, but I suspect that's the next step. I'd have to start over to get interested in it afresh, and I have no desire to do that. I didn't like it enough the first time to play it *again*. It's fun, but not amazing.

So, it's too big a hurdle for my barely-beginning-to-feel-like-gaming-again phase. If/when I get back in the groove, I'll give it another go then. But for now, I'm going to set it entirely aside. I'll try Kerbal Space Program next, I think. I want to build stuff and explore. (I guess Horizon Zero Dawn might be an okay choice too then, since it's definitely got exploration, but it's not even part of my backlog so that feels inefficient.)

EDIT: I can't figure out the controls for Kerbal Space Program... :shock:
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Looks like I'll be going back to focusing solely on Animal Crossing and Temtem; I got my kid fully grown in SoS: PoOT! He's so pale; his skin tone doesn't match mine or Jack's, but I'm also disappointed he inherited all of my traits and none of Jack's, but it's okay; I may end up divorcing Jack and marrying one of the DLC candidates anyway to try my luck again. Who knows.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

So, I'm still working my way through Raging Loop on my Switch. I'm at 60+ hours. :)

Also, I finally bought Steam Prison. It was on sale for 25% off, so grabbed it. :)
Simply Unknown
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I picked up the DLC for Our Life that recently came out, but have only just reached the point that it affects. I'm a little nervous to start playing it, since apparently there were some glitches and bugs that needed to be patched out, but they did make the patch so I might play either today or tomorrow.

I also finally did Chongyun's hangout in Genshin for the first time, and I love him! He's just a stoic sweetheart so determined to do his job, what a cute character! He was actually one of the first characters I got in the gacha, but I haven't used him because of Kaeya. I think I'll look into building him now, especially since I got my first maxed out friendship in Kaeya! ...Maybe I just like Cryo characters.
Harvest Moon kawaii
Tubular Turnip Farmer
Tubular Turnip Farmer

Post  Posted:

Currently playing:

Raging Loop (Switch) (60+ hours in) (hopefully nearly done)

Up next:

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (Switch) ((Currently on the first game out of the three included))

Since The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles was finally announced for the west/USA, I decided I'm going to play Phoenix Wright on the Switch next. :) The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles is releasing July 27, 2021 in the US. :)
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

RAAAAAAUUGH! *Flips Desk*

Robotics;Notes has committed the carnal sin of PISSING ME OFF. The kind of « Cow Poopoo » it's pulled is EXACTLY why I don't like branching path VNs any more. In Chaos;Head it was determined by watching or ignoring delusions, in Steins;Gate it was answering or ignoring your text messages, in Robotics;Notes it's replying to twitter posts, and if you miss ONE, you have to start ALL OVER again AND, this is the kicker, the Skip function is BROKEN on the Switch version. So not only do I have to jump through hoops to enjoy the game, but it's also poorly optimized with no patch in sight several months after it's release. I was really enjoying the story (especially all the reports you have to find that directly connect it to the pervious entries in the series), but I REFUSE to waste my precious free time on this « Male Cow Poopoo ». I followed a guide EXACTLY and I'm stuck in a route loop. I look up online to see what I did wrong and it turns out that the dumb twitter feature is actually broken as well and doesn't always record your response. So, somewhere along the line, I did what I was supposed to to trigger the next route, but the game randomly decided not to record one of my tweet replies and screwed me over. « Snuggly Bunny » this, I'm out. I'll watch the rest on Youtube if I ever feel like it. It's Kinetic or nothing from now on.

At least I don't have to worry about finishing it before NieR this Friday.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Wow, that sounds really frustrating, Bluie. (Er, read this after posting and just want to add that I'm not being sarcastic: it really does sound very frustrating!) And all the worse if you were actually enjoying the game.

~

I could NOT figure out the controls for Kerbal Space Program on PS4. Also, there's a different control scheme for general use, for flight, for rockets, and for rovers! But thankfully, I found a 'button cheat sheet' that lists them all. Maybe now I can actually get that rocket past around 11,000 feet! I tried to play the game three times but it was just too frustrating to try to figure out the controls when there are about twenty different ones just for flight commands.

~

I played a bit of Townsmen...a game I got for a couple of dollars (possibly free with coins or something, can't remember...I just know I got it because it was a huge bargain) last year and never played. It was so far down in my library of games that I had forgotten I owned it. It's fun, since it's a mobile-style town builder with a story mode that runs by scenarios (that admittedly aren't all that interesting, but it's still a framework, which is much better than having none!) but it's also irritating because they didn't see fit to program in a 'move' function to change the placement of buildngs/etc after they're down. That's borderline unforgiveable in a town-builder, imo.

Simple games seem to work for me right now, and complex ones are just...too much. Tomorrow's dedicated to kitchen-finishin', so I'm hoping that by Saturday or Sunday I can have a proper, full gaming session again. I want to cross another game off within April, though that's probably unrealistic considering how scattered I am lately.
iLoveSprites75
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Came back to One World, just got to Pastilla. This whole "losing extra stamina in the desert" thing has gotten me really miffed. And I'm going to buy a Valais sheep like right now, because I want to knock this one off my list ASAP. Barely a week and a half til Pokémon Snap.
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

You can prevent stamina loss in the desert by consuming heat-resistance foods. Coconut milk is very easy one since coconuts are easy to get for free. (You probably have to build the kitchen first...dunno if you can buy pre-made dishes that work for heat resistance or not.) I think any cold drink recipe works. (Same with hot recipes like coffee for the frozen area...they provide cold resistance.)

Eventually you'll receive items that will make it so you don't need the food to combat the heat (or the cold) but for a while you'll have to make do with food effects to help you out.
Mikodesu
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

I hit day 100 of Custom Mode on Ring Fit today! :D Feels good. No real celebration from the game, but I'm still glad it keeps track. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something to watch the number go up. Exercise is really tough to keep up with sometimes...

On the Genshin front...there's a furniture web event going on now! I'm not sure yet if the furniture rewards are unique, or just extras of regular stuff...but either way there's primos. Just in case if anybody wants the link: https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/eve ... ce=hoyolab
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like how the second I was finished with PoOT I also finished up the story for Temtem that was available. I left it with just one last guy to beat and then the game says, "Thank you for playing up to this point!" I know it's early access, but I just found it funny that I was that close.

Well, I'm still gonna play it just to fill out the Tempedia; I only have 3 more that I can currently catch and they're locked behind requirements I need to fill (Beat 4 trainers with a party full of Digital Temtem, beat 4 trainers with a party full of Fire Temtem, and go on a raid to catch a mythical Temtem)

I'm not sure if I can afford New Pokemon Snap anymore; I've been spending money on food for my household and rent is coming up, so I may end up skipping it in favor of adult duties and being able to afford the Digital Deluxe Edition of SMT Nocturne in May. So I'll probably be going back to my backlog of games up until May 14 where I'll be playing the Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster!
Kikki
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I've gotten the urge to replay about half a dozen games in the last week or two. Berseria, SoS(1), ANB, Xillia 1 and 2, some other stuff...

I wonder if I should just play whatever I want, even if it doesn't do anything to help me progress in game completions. I still feel a bit like playing Townsmen, which is good, but I quite a bit MORE want to replay SoS (and go with Kamil, this time.) I got a bunch more done on the kitchen so home life is proceeding decently, and I should have more time to work on it again Saturday afternoon.

Maybe I should just stop caring about game completions? Play whatever I have a whim for? That's just something I don't do, lol. I'd feel better about a replay if I finished at least one more game first, though. Gotta buckle down again? But I'm tired and I wanna play what I want, lol. And on a small comfortable handheld, too. *wahwahhissybabyfit*
Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I say play what you want. Sometimes replaying a game will spark your interest in finishing a game in your backlog. Replaying the Mass Effect trilogy for me did the trick with several games.

Okay, so I finished everything I could in Temtem without progressing further in the main story and the side quests I have. I guess I'm gonna dive into my backlog and wait to see if I have enough money from my paycheck tomorrow to see if I can afford New Pokemon Snap.