Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Oct 30, 2020 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Meevers
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 4:54 am 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Icewings wrote:
look at all you hip teens hating the popular stuff you are so special and unique

I'm not a teen. And boy bands and the music they produce is just generally not my thing. Just because people don't like something that happens to be popular, doesn't mean they instantly fall into that typical stereotype of 'I DUN LYK DIS CUZ ITZ POULARZ'. Nothing against the people that like them. An opinion was asked, it was given.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 5:02 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

No. A One Direction game like Pokemon would be a disaster. I'm sure a One Direction interactive/music based game could work, but I wouldn't buy it cause I don't like the band.

Ru-Ne Ni-Chaan
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 5:51 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

One Direction Fan wrote:
Player: Go Harry Styles use awesome voice. Opposition: Go Louis Tomlinson use sassy spray. Harry Styles took 60 damage. Louis Tomlinson fainted.

So whats your opinion do you think the boys should make a video game I think they should!!! Just in a directioners opinion

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ru-Ne Ni-Chaan on Apr 29, 2013 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

runefactor
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 6:11 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

^That is really offensive. Aids is no laughing matter.

copernicusmaximus
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 6:38 am 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Using « homosexual » as and insult and then linking « homosexual » and aids, classy job there, Ru-Ne. :roll:

Meanwhile, contrary to what you're saying Icewings, part of me likes 1d's and their popularity because they aren't spewing anything hateful or gross. 1d is just a fun boyband. That's not my thing, but hey, live it up, One Directioners.

Meanwhile you've got Justin Bieber, who is an entitled, spoiled brat that has said gross things about women and actually wrote "she would have been a belieber" in an Anne Frank museum and collectively made the world smack their heads at his tastelessness. And there's Taylor Swift who directly correlates her worth in how much men notice her and shames other women and says that just because a girl is a cheerleader she's vapid and shallow? Maybe the girl just enjoys cheerleading, maybe she's actually a nice girl, but she wants the guy Swift is after so she's a horrible « Baaaa *glomp* ». But then you get all the breakup songs one after another because once again correlating her very meaning in life in its relation to men and being an entitled « Duck Quacker » about it.

It's actually pretty valid to dislike popular things if they are offensive or sending off horrible messages to a demographic of impressionable young kids. If that's the media they are subject to, then they are going to be affected, and we don't need more girls being horrible to each other and relating their worth to men, or more spoiled brat dudes who yell swaggy, thanks.

Barbie Girl
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 6:48 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

I don't see a Pokemon type of game being successful, but I do think a 1D music based game would work. I wouldn't buy it, though, since I'm not a fan of their music.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 10:27 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

At the end of the day, I agree with copernicusmaximus, even though I don't like their music, they are pretty decent idols as far as I'm concerned, for reasons already stated. I definitely prefer them to pretty much any, if not all, main stream (music) artists today.

However, it is definitely not true that they're famous only because they're on tv. It's just childish/ignorant to think that. People have different preferences of what's good and bad, your preference isn't any more special than their's. And I'm not one directing this at anyone (badum-tsss), but I really can't stand their music. Do I hate them? Nope! Am I a hater? Nope, I just really don't like their music. I don't make a fuss about it when their music comes on, I just choose not to listen or pay attention to it. End of story.

I think one way a one direction game could truly be successful is if it was a dating sim XD I'm sure there are plenty of people who like rhythm games and those who would buy it just to support 1D but I'm thinking along the lines of a dating sim. But then again, those aren't so popular in NA/EU, or maybe it would make the genre more popular? Just an idea.

HaseoGUA
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 10:46 am 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

Icewings wrote:
look at all you hip teens hating the popular stuff you are so special and unique

Well that comment just added so much to the discussion now didn't it ;D

Honestly I have never heard a 1D song in my life, but your idea is very interesting. I personally would not mind a Pokemon like game staring boy bands from the 90's to today. It isn't something I would buy but it seems like it could be fun XD

Billy--
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 11:09 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I'm determined to make a joke game out of this on RPG Xp for you guys, now...

Mecha-Lollipop
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 8:17 pm 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

No. A rhythm style game maybe but let's not mix One Direction and Pokemon, okay? Haha.

For the record; I'm not a fan of them.
However, I don't think that just because I, personally, dislike their music that fans shouldn't get a 1D game if they really want one and someone is interested in making one.

There are plenty of games on the market that I look at and think "Why the heck was this made?!" But I recognize that there are people (like my partner) that question why people like something like HM or RF. So to each their own.

One Direction Fan
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Dark Angel wrote:
If you don't understand youre either too young or too innocent (either way I'd feel bad for taking away your childhood/innocence)

Actually i just don't get some Adult jokes, and innocence HA i lost that years ago.

natsume_girl
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 10:01 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

No. Just no. Its not that hate the., in fact I enjoy the parodies of almost all their songs! But um... A pokemon 1D? Eh... It wouldn't surprise me if a band hero version game out.

ImAFan♀
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 11:18 pm 
Anonymous Fish

Billy-- wrote:
I'm determined to make a joke game out of this on RPG Xp for you guys, now...

ohnm would you please? wow are you serious hahahe nervous sweargnjt ^<^

Dark Angel
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2013 11:20 pm 
Anonymous Fish

@XxWizardxMollyxX114: I didn't say they werefamous because they were on tv I said that lots of fan girls think they're cute cuz they're on tv. Don't know if that's the case with you but at my school it certainly is.
There is already a dating sim for 1D on the iPad and iPod. It's called Date 1D. Very original name. :lol:

@Billy--: That would be awesome but what would be in it? Hmmm.. Don't tell me make it a surprise.

XxWizardxMollyxX14
Post Posted: Apr 30, 2013 7:23 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

OH, okay. Yeah, I guess where you live might also change how they are viewed but I get what you're saying now. And, wow, really!? XD I never even knew... I'm going to check it out XD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next