New Pokemon!!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Keep in mind Serebii states that they are not certain they are legitimate.
serebii.net wrote:Be warned as this is not 100% confirmed at this time.
Also there are numerous red flags that the article is throwing up that suggest it is fake.
To give an example the Kanji characters on the title page lack Furigana being attached to them.
Something I have never seen in a Pokemon CoroCoro article.

And the whole concept of "Mega evolutions" seems like a joke, trying to tie into the announcement there would be new evolution methods.
Last edited by Osuchin on Aug 08, 2013 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samawaryou
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

I don't think someone would put this much effort into a fake though. Apparently there is an event that allows you to get a Torchic that evolves into Mega Blaziken.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There have been plenty of fakemon articles that have come out in the past, closely modeled off of CoroCoro.
We had one such fake CoroCoro leak a number of months back, with a fake new evolution for Farfetch'd.
There are indeed people out there who put in a serious amount of effort into fake CoroCoro Pokemon articles.

All I'm saying is keep an aware mind.
As the potential is there, and there are plenty of things that just don't add up with past things done by Pokemon Co and CoroCoro in general.

EDIT: Though it seems like Serbii has edited their post saying it has been confirmed as legitimate.
Samawaryou
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Post  Posted:

Well it's officially confirmed now.
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Dravalon Code wrote:Wait wait wait Nintendo what are you doing.
These are alternate forms of final evolutions? Da heck. If they're doing this for one starter, that means that they'll have to do it for all the starters. I'm not sure if they'll do all the non-legendary Pokémon. I don't even know if I'd want them to.

While technically, Pokémon being like animals, microevolution is entirely possible, leading up to alternate forms. But...idk, I just don't feel it right now. Why?
My two cents on this. I'm just more of a fan of new Pokémon than alternate forms.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I......I like the Mawile one......like, A LOT.

Want one in my party stat.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I actually quite like the 'Mega' evolutions. They look nice. The new Pokemon aren't all that bad either, but ... I really dislike the bunny one. It just doesn't look like a Pokemon to me. I do like the Electric/Fairy one though, it's very cute. But it looks a lot like Raichu, which is throwing me off a bit.
Dravalon Code
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

The designs themselves aren't bad at all. Mawile's double Venus traps on its head are pretty cool. The pink shorts, not so much. :lol:
The concept is just a bit...disconcerting.
Bluie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

From what I understand, its not permanent. I think similar to previous Pokemon who have different forms in battle (Ie: Castform, Darmanitan).
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Bluie wrote:From what I understand, its not permanent. I think similar to previous Pokemon who have different forms in battle (Ie: Castform, Darmanitan).
Mewtwo's form is probably temporary given the movie Mewtwo Awakens.
But the event Torchic is described as being able to become MegaBlaziken through the use of a number of items.
IDK, there really isn't that much info known yet as to the specifics behind Mega forms.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I like Mawile's and Absol's, but that's it. Blaziken's was tooootally unnecessary, Ampharos' is jarring, and Lucario's type change is also not that great, imo. Fire/fighting? Really, Nintendo?

Regarding the new Pokémon, they are okay. They'll grow on me.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I really think the mega forms are all going to be temporary forms the pokémon turn into by using an item of somekind, like the alternate forms of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus. I think this because I believe(but am not sure) that Mewtwo's is temporary. Of course I could(most likely) be wrong about this and they could all be permanent. Personally, I hope that's not the case, but if they're temporary I think mege forms have the potential to be a fun addition to the games.
Osuchin
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Blue Rose wrote:Lucario's type change is also not that great, imo. Fire/fighting? Really, Nintendo?
MegaLucario remains as Fighting/Steel.
It didn't get a typing change.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Ah, my apologies. Must've got that wrong. Well, that's good, that it's not changed, at least.

Also, found this on tumblr. Not sure if real or not, but...
Spoiler:
Kind of looks real? Looks like a fighting gym leader (with roller blades which we know are already in the game, so...). I'm hoping she's real. She looks pretty damn rad. Although, I'm not sure what her helmet is supposed to be. A skull?? ????