Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Apr 07, 2020 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next
Osuchin
  Post subject: Re: New Pokemon!!
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 11:12 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Blue Rose wrote:
Ah, my apologies. Must've got that wrong. Well, that's good, that it's not changed, at least.

Also, found this on tumblr. Not sure if real or not, but...

Spoiler:

Kind of looks real? Looks like a fighting gym leader (with roller blades which we know are already in the game, so...). I'm hoping she's real. She looks pretty damn rad. Although, I'm not sure what her helmet is supposed to be. A skull?? ????

It's real. Look at the main page on Serebii.
serebii.net wrote:
A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions

Speaking of Lucario. The CoroCoro cover refers to MegaLucario specifically as an evolution.
CoroCoro wrote:
なんだ!? - What!?
この進化は!!- This evolution!!

Last edited by Osuchin on Aug 08, 2013 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 11:14 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Sweet~ Curious what gym leader type she is gonna be. Fighting??? Her outfit seems like it. Although, I've never heard of a fighting gym leader on roller skates, rofl.

Osuchin
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 11:22 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Blue Rose wrote:
Sweet~ Curious what gym leader type she is gonna be. Fighting??? Her outfit seems like it. Although, I've never heard of a fighting gym leader on roller skates, rofl.

Hard to say, the only gym leader who's type we know about is Viola, who uses Bug types.
However taking a look at her(apart from her gym which has a definite bug look) she doesn't give any hints of being a Bug user.

Selphie-Sama
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 11:23 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

MegaTorterra confirmed.
Spoiler:

/not.

Been going through the /vp/ on 4chan and been laughing forever.

I loooooove Mawhile's mega and it's new fairy/steel typing (I was hoping for it to be fairy/steel so...) but I'm disappointed that this is a mega form and not an actual evolution.

The new gym leader looks rad.

I love the new pokemon Dedenne (the hamster) and Horubii (the rabbit).

Samawaryou
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 3:50 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Grant is obviously Rock Type.. the new chick I don't know Fairy maybe? She knows about Mega Evolution and Mega Mawile is Steel/Fairy

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

But we also have two dual fighting types with Mega Evolution, so it could easily be those too.

Her outfit reminds me something of a fighter would wear, so my money is on fighting type.

luph n joii
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 5:49 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

So Pokemon is now going full Digimon now? First they had a fusion/Jogress (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem), which wasn't an evo, but more like alternate form. And now they're going Mega. I don't have a problem with it since I do like Digimon, but I'm afraid that this Mega evolution thing will upset the game balance. I like that Mawile and Absol getting an evolution, but I'm not too keen on Blaziken and Ampharos' evolutions because they are three stage evolution Pokemon already. Ampharos' Mega form looks fab though xD. Does this mean that a fourth stage evolution is now possible?

And please don't call them Mega (insert name of Pokemon here). It will get old really fast. I can imagine people will abuse this feature and they will make a team full of mega-Pokemon just because it sounds awesome. I swear people just slap on the word "Mega" on whatever monster just to make it oozes badassery, while it may not necessarily be true. Give me a MegaGardevoir, MegaEevee, MegaClefable, MegaBlissey, or anything to break the stereotype Mega = cool. That and the whole Mega suffix will make some Pokemon's name incredibly long - MegaFeraligatr (since they likely will do this with all starter Pokemon) and probably MegaVictreebell or MegaKangaskhan. Digimon also has some unnecessarily long name monster either, so I don't favor one over another.

I think the introduction of Mega-evolution is quite risky decision to take. Either it will do the franchise justice or it will go downhill. There's no turning back now.

Billy--
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 6:52 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I loveee that little bunny :) He's the bunny I could see me using on my team.

Osuchin
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 8:56 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

It seems Serebii has provided some clarification on this month's CoroCoro.
Along with the complete scans of some of the pages.

It seems mega forms are only fully active during battle when holding a 'mega stone'.
Offering different typings, abilities, and stats; so long as they hold the required item.
Similar to how some legendaries in the past have had held items that game them access to alternate forms. Giratina being an example.
So it seems mega forms aren't really as new as we thought, rather an expansion of an old concept.

serebii.net wrote:
Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. It's not yet known whether the Mega Stone is one specific item, or a separate one such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary in battle.
It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions. The Master Tower has a connection to Mega Evolutions
It also confirms stat increases, stating that MegaLucario's Attack is higher. MegaAbsol has increased Attack & Speed. Finally, it also confirms that Super Training will increase Pokémon's "Kiso" Points. The translation of it indicates that this may be what we call EVs
05:33: Next month's CoroCoro to feature new Pokémon, new Mega Evolutions and type chart featuring the Fairy-type
Spoiler:

So it seems we can look forward to new Pokemon and a the complete typing details for Fairy type next month.

konecochan
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 10:19 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

iknowitsprobablyjustmebut

I DON'T want new forms of evolution. I DON'T want them to start making strange new forms of great Pokemon. I DON'T want them to keep making Pokemon like this. I miss everything making sense. As excited as I am for the new generation Pokemon white was actually unplayable to me! I never even beat the first gym. I really don't want them to screw this up. :(

Sorry for the negativity. I'm just worried about all these magazine scans that keep popping up. They stress me out. I guess I just don't like to stray from my childhood images... i sound like such a « Sheep Squeezer » but grrrr

Nostalgia is cheap
Post Posted: Aug 08, 2013 11:39 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

is it just me but in the original post the mouse looking thing to me it seems that would be related to Pachirsu or Emolga like maybe a tyrouge thing withthem

Samawaryou
Post Posted: Aug 09, 2013 2:27 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Blue Rose wrote:
But we also have two dual fighting types with Mega Evolution, so it could easily be those too.

Her outfit reminds me something of a fighter would wear, so my money is on fighting type.

Eh.. possibly I think her gym is that potential Fairy gym that we saw in the first X and Y trailer.
http://i629.photobucket.com/albums/uu11 ... 972a5d.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 0441_n.jpg

They both have that black space like background.. I don't know maybe I'm looking into things too much.

haloharvestmoon
Post Posted: Aug 09, 2013 3:32 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

konecochan wrote:
iknowitsprobablyjustmebut

I DON'T want new forms of evolution. I DON'T want them to start making strange new forms of great Pokemon. I DON'T want them to keep making Pokemon like this. I miss everything making sense. As excited as I am for the new generation Pokemon white was actually unplayable to me! I never even beat the first gym. I really don't want them to screw this up. :(

Sorry for the negativity. I'm just worried about all these magazine scans that keep popping up. They stress me out. I guess I just don't like to stray from my childhood images... i sound like such a « Sheep Squeezer » but grrrr

I kinda get you. It's okay. These new ideas give me a bit of an uneasy feeling as well (especially mega forms). I'm trying to keep an open mind.

It'll take me a bit to adapt to the idea of mega forms, but I think it'll make sense eventually. I just wish they weren't called mega...I'd rather them have an entirely different name...but I guess that would just make them a new Pokemon, and I don't think that's what they're trying to do.

rachellion
Post Posted: Aug 09, 2013 4:49 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

luph n joii wrote:
So Pokemon is now going full Digimon now? First they had a fusion/Jogress (Black Kyurem and White Kyurem), which wasn't an evo, but more like alternate form. And now they're going Mega. I don't have a problem with it since I do like Digimon, but I'm afraid that this Mega evolution thing will upset the game balance. I like that Mawile and Absol getting an evolution, but I'm not too keen on Blaziken and Ampharos' evolutions because they are three stage evolution Pokemon already. Ampharos' Mega form looks fab though xD. Does this mean that a fourth stage evolution is now possible?

:lol: That was my first thought too! And I like the alternate evolutions for Absol and Mawile too, since it gets Pokemon with no evolution something neat, but... yeeaaa Blaziken and Ampharos didn't really need mega evolutions xD Lol to Ampharos' mega form tho. Dat hair!

Eeeeeehhh... it's all right. I mean, for me whenever Pokemon releases something new I'll wait for the game and try it before passing too much judgment, because it's Pokemon and I know regardless of what they do it probably won't deviate too much from the formula. So this probably won't be too bad or upset the balance, especially if it's a new type of evolution based on a held item.

Samawaryou
Post Posted: Aug 09, 2013 5:29 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Well looks like Korrina is Fighting Type
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/characters/gym_leaders/

Also if anyone wants to learn some more about Mega Evolution
http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/mega_pokemon/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 29  Next