Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 23, 2021 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Samawaryou
  Post subject: Re: New Pokemon!!
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 3:28 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

EphemeralClemency wrote:
If that's all the new pokemon there are, then I'm not really impressed with this region. When I play a new region I always use the new pokemon, but this time I feel like there aren't even enough that I like with different typings. I don't know this region just feels a little on the lazy side. I mean, even the legendaries. Only 3? We've always gotten more than that even in the Kanto region. Too much energy wasted on mega forms which aren't even permanent, and I also don't have any interest in them.

I'm still getting the game, but I'm pretty disappointed on they way they did things with this region pokemon-wise. :/

The 70 Pokemon thing really doesn't bother me.. quality over quantity.

Also..not counting cross gen evolutions Diamond and Pearl only had 79 new Pokemon a lot of them were legendary Pokemon.

EphemeralClemency
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 3:37 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

As I stated, I meant the region as a whole, legendaries and everything included in which there were 106, I believe?

It's not a huge deal, but I'm not as impressed. I guess I expected more because I was so happy with the way things looked at first. I'm still getting the game, but I'm not as excited about playing it anymore. I'm sure I'll probably like the story and things, but I'm not as hyped.

Samawaryou
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 6:11 am 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

There's going to be more than three legendary Pokemon though..we don't know the event Pokemon because the 3DS hasn't been hacked yet we'll have to wait.

Osuchin
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 6:28 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Chance are we will probably get 6 or 7 event pokemon.
So it will bring the pokedex close to a divisible number of 25, so the next gen after 6 has a good place to start.

Or if GameFreak really does end up doing DLC(it has been confirmed they are considering it) there possibly could be even more then that.
Maybe even additional non-legendary pokemon.

Anyway here is the gen 6 dex as we currently know.
Spoiler:

On a side note, what is it with Game Freak and Electric mouse/rodent pokemon that can't evolve, in the last several generations?
Gen 3 - Plusle and Minun
Gen 4 - Pachirisu
Gen 5 - Emolga
Gen 6 - Dedenne

Also is anyone else finding a large disproportion of typings among the new pokemon?
Lines with end with Bug in it: 1
Lines with end with Poison in it: 1
Lines with end with Ground in it: 2
Lines with end with Steel in it: 2
Lines with end with Electric in it: 2
Lines with end with Ice in it: 2
Lines with end with Fire in it: 3
Lines with end with Water in it: 3
Lines with end with Fighting in it: 3
Lines with end with Psychic in it: 3
Lines with end with Ghost in it: 3
Lines with end with Normal in it: 4
Lines with end with Grass in it: 4
Lines with end with Dark in it: 4
Lines with end with Flying in it: 4
Lines with end with Rock in it: 4
Lines with end with Dragon in it: 5
Lines with end with Fairy in it: 6
Bug and Poison lost out big this gen.
While Dragon and Fairy seem to be the big winners in regard to the final stages of new pokemon.

Billy--
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Samawaryou wrote:
EphemeralClemency wrote:
If that's all the new pokemon there are, then I'm not really impressed with this region. When I play a new region I always use the new pokemon, but this time I feel like there aren't even enough that I like with different typings. I don't know this region just feels a little on the lazy side. I mean, even the legendaries. Only 3? We've always gotten more than that even in the Kanto region. Too much energy wasted on mega forms which aren't even permanent, and I also don't have any interest in them.

I'm still getting the game, but I'm pretty disappointed on they way they did things with this region pokemon-wise. :/

The 70 Pokemon thing really doesn't bother me.. quality over quantity.

This.

Basically what I've been thinking the whole time! Plus, we have trainer customization, Mega Pokemon, a New Region, 3D Battles.... I'm quite content!

EphemeralClemency
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:10 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Osuchin wrote:
Also is anyone else finding a large disproportion of typings among the new pokemon?
Lines with end with Bug in it: 1
Lines with end with Poison in it: 1
Lines with end with Ground in it: 2
Lines with end with Steel in it: 2
Lines with end with Electric in it: 2
Lines with end with Ice in it: 2
Lines with end with Fire in it: 3
Lines with end with Water in it: 3
Lines with end with Fighting in it: 3
Lines with end with Psychic in it: 3
Lines with end with Ghost in it: 3
Lines with end with Normal in it: 4
Lines with end with Grass in it: 4
Lines with end with Dark in it: 4
Lines with end with Flying in it: 4
Lines with end with Rock in it: 4
Lines with end with Dragon in it: 5
Lines with end with Fairy in it: 6
Bug and Poison lost out big this gen.
While Dragon and Fairy seem to be the big winners in regard to the final stages of new pokemon.

Yes, actually that is one of the main things that is bothering me. With so few new mons and the unbalanced typings, I am finding it hard to choose my team because I mostly like the pokemon with same types, and I like to have all different types for my team. Oh well, I'm sure I'll figure it out. I may just have to suck it up and use some of the old pokemon along with the new ones.

Selphie-Sama
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:11 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I will fall over laughing if this is true.

Osuchin
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:16 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Selphie-Sama wrote:
I will fall over laughing if this is true.

If it was true, it was overly elaborate.
We have the original leakers, who have made it quite clear they got the game and received cease and desist orders.
And there is the facts that the leaks on Reddit come from dozens of sources.
Not to mention many other things that make me think this message is from a troll.
So if it really was all fake it is overly complex and extremely convoluted set up.
Especially when you consider all the resources Nintendo has poured into trying to contain the leaks.
And the majority of people on the related comment on Reddit have asserted the message as false.

Last edited by Osuchin on Oct 06, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Selphie-Sama
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:19 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Osuchin wrote:
If it was true, it was overly elaborate.
We have the original leakers, who have made it quite clear they got the game and received cease and desist orders.
And there is the facts that the leaks on Reddit come from dozens of sources.
So if it really was all fake it is overly complex and extremely convoluted set up.
Especially when you consider all the resources Nintendo has poured into trying to contain the leaks.

If this is true then they are in cahoots with nintendo.

Like I said if this is true then, I will seriously laugh so hard. It's probably not true though.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 1:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Yeah, I don't think that's true. And honestly, I kind of hope it's not, cause I've really started to grow to like Delphox a lot...not to mention, it'd be so over-elaborate for something so small. I mean, yeah Nintendo really was pushing hard for a international release and did their best to contain leaks; but it was going to happen eventually and honestly, the best thing they can do is just punish the leakers and maybe be more strict about who they give copies to. Some people have already lost their jobs over this, and honestly, I think that's enough.

*slithers out of this thread before I see unwanted spoilers*

Osuchin
Post Posted: Oct 06, 2013 7:08 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

You also have to take into affect that there have been battle screenshots and gameplay videos featuring the leaked pokemon.
Which means that the pokemon had to be modeled and animated.
Which seems like a lot of work for fake pokemon.

Sir Stardust
Post Posted: Oct 07, 2013 4:02 am 
Pick Potatos, not boogers
Pick Potatos, not boogers

New TM/HM pocket. Makes it easier to see whether or not a Pokemon can learn a move by displaying it in the bag. Also looks like TMs go up to at least 99 now.
Spoiler:

Goomy may take over Feraligatr's spot as my favorite Pokemon. I told myself I wasn't gonna let that happen, but...
Spoiler:

Osuchin
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2013 4:34 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The story prologue has been leaked, and I have to say this may be one of the darkest in a Pokémon game.
http://imgur.com/a/RD12b
If you look at the context, there are elements of war, death, remorse, resurrection, rage, devastation, and heartbreak.

Ida
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2013 6:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Osuchin wrote:
The story prologue has been leaked, and I have to say this may be one of the darkest in a Pokémon game.
http://imgur.com/a/RD12b
If you look at the context, there are elements of war, death, remorse, resurrection, rage, devastation, and heartbreak.

Wow, intense. I can't wait to learn more... emotions will definitely be involved.

HummingGillz
Post Posted: Oct 08, 2013 9:29 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Whoa, what. :O That's awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 428 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next