Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi?

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Favorite character/s?

You may select up to 3 options

View results

Einherjar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Anybody? I already pre-ordered the limited edition, because...yeah, even though I have the game on the PSP(limited edition on that one too, lol), still interested in the extra stories, plus the picture booth feature sounds fun. Admittedly, the 3DS is the handheld console I play most anyway, so I'm happy to have that game on it.

So, are you getting it? What edition? Who will you woo first(or who will you woo again if you've already played the other game, haha)?
Last edited by Einherjar on Sep 22, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous Fish

Post  Posted:

I've never played any version of this game before, nor have I watched the anime. I did, however, preorder the limited edition :3 It's going to be my first otome game, I'm quite excited. :lala:
Einherjar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

The anime is ehhhh for me, but that's because it follows one of my least favorite routes, because it's the canon one that they heavily hint at. xD

Limited edition is always the way to go~ But wooo, hope you enjoy your first otome game! If you end up liking it, I'd say go with Sweet Fuse next, it's also a fun game.
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I have mine preordered the LE as well even though I have the PSP limited edition one.

I'm not a fan of reverse harem animes so I never watched the anime version so yeah...

Anyway, I'm going to woo Toshizo-san again, he's one of my favorite characters in-game. Going to name and imagine my character different from Chizuru since I like Chizuru with Heisuke. XD And then going to name the MC after Saito-san real wife on my Saito's path. XD
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

That's cool Anon. I hope you enjoy the game :].

I'm going to get the LE as well. Normally when I play a VN based around character paths I try to pick someone I like but who I don't think will be my overall favorite for the first playthrough. That way my first experience with the game will be extra positive but there should still be an even better playthrough left. But since I've already played Hakuoki on the PSP I'll probably just go through my least favorite paths first and save all of my favorites for last. So I'm thinking I'll do Harada first. As much as I love him as a character his path was my least favorite so I don't have high hopes for his extra story.
Spoiler:
After all the main problem of his path is Chizuru and I imagine she's going to be in that side story XD.
Also yeah Yamazaki is on the poll X3.
Einherjar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

LE LOVE ALL AROUND~ I'm a sucker for extra things, not going to lie, haha.

Cinnamon, let me love you, those ideas are pretty awesome, I hadn't considered the last part before, but that is such a good one. xD
I like Tosh as a character, but his route is like the longest one, along with other things. orz
But no, yeah, Chizuru and Heisuke are adorable together<3

I'll probably do Sano's first again, haven't decided on my next one, but Tosh's might be last again.

Sounds like a plan, Googa. I always try to go with which character interests me the most, and do that one first too, but with playing this already, going from least favorite makes sense.

Also, yessss. I remember all of our Yamazaki talks, so of course he gets to be on there. ;D
Hisagiluv
Pick Potatos, not boogers

Post  Posted:

> sees Shinpachi on the poll
> inhales deeply

Heisuke 4lyfe

I'm probably just going to get the regular edition since I already have the limited version for the PSP. Probably not going to get it any time soon either since there are other games coming out.
Googaboga
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

After Harada I'm not sure who to do next either. I guess it will depend on how long the side stories are. If they are shorter than I am expecting that will probably change the order I go in.

Right? Yamazaki is so loveable. If I'm being honest I am a bit disappointed with Memories of the Shinsengumi since when I first heard it was going to include "side stories" I was hoping it would be the edition of Hakuoki that had side stories for Yamazaki, Shinpachi, and other likable side characters. But it ended up just being side stories for the main guys. That's cool but not exactly what I wanted :'D.
Einherjar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I did that special for you, Hisa-Hisa, since I remembered how much you love him. c:

That's cool too, makes sense to wait, because there definitely are a lot of other games coming out.

I'll probably just end up picking the next path at random, Googa, since I can't even remember in what order I had originally done it. xD

Same, I was sort of hoping it would've been extra stories for those other guys, not that I have anything against the main dudes, but it would've been nice to feed our inner fangirl for the other characters too.
Hisagiluv

Post  Posted:

You're so thoughtful, Ein (´ω`♡)

If someone does run across a side story for Shinpachi, please tell me so I can rush to Gamestop and throw my money at the cashier. Or Amazon. Depends if the Gamestops by me will stock the game.
Einherjar
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Thoughtful is my middle name~ ;D

I ordered off Amazon, just to be sure I get the game and them not open it or something. But no, yeah, if there are, we'll say, so you can run off to GameStop if they have a copy~ x3
Chinchilla
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

I'm getting the standard edition. I don't care about extras that come in limited editions... just more things to keep up with. I'm not getting it till later though. Since RF4 comes out soon, other games I want this year will be put on the birthday/Christmas list.

I don't have a PSP/Vita, so this will be my first copy of the game (but because I always spoil myself for games, I pretty much already know what happens). Dunno which route I'll do first.
QualityReviewer
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello. I will also be getting the LE since it's my first otome game. I only just discovered it one day as I was researching what kind of "visual novel" games I wanted to try. I will vote once I play it on the 24th. I'm avoiding as many spoilers as possible so I'm judging soley on looks right now.

I'm glad there's a few PSP people getting the 3DS edition. That way we can find out the difference w/ the stories. (I don't know if the extra story will be based on choices).

I'm so hyped for this game! XD! I found a few spoiler free walkthroughs just in case but my goal is to play it blindly for the first time. See how long I last etc.

I like Shinpachi already cause I watched the scene w/ the physical exam on youtube XD. ROFL!

As for who I will woo, in order, Hijikata, Harada, Saito, Okita, Toudou, and Kazama. (If I'm not using the right name please correct me). I wish I could woo Shinpachi and that guy w/ glasses. (He seems to be a doctor in the SSL anime?).
cinnamon_yuki
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Einherjar wrote:LE LOVE ALL AROUND~ I'm a sucker for extra things, not going to lie, haha.

Cinnamon, let me love you, those ideas are pretty awesome, I hadn't considered the last part before, but that is such a good one. xD
I like Tosh as a character, but his route is like the longest one, along with other things. orz
But no, yeah, Chizuru and Heisuke are adorable together<3
Thanks for the love Ein! :) I'm a bit OC so I treat each path with different persona for the MC. :P I found Heisuke's path perfect for Chizuru. XD
Googaboga wrote:That's cool Anon. I hope you enjoy the game :].

I'm going to get the LE as well. Normally when I play a VN based around character paths I try to pick someone I like but who I don't think will be my overall favorite for the first playthrough. That way my first experience with the game will be extra positive but there should still be an even better playthrough left. But since I've already played Hakuoki on the PSP I'll probably just go through my least favorite paths first and save all of my favorites for last. So I'm thinking I'll do Harada first. As much as I love him as a character his path was my least favorite so I don't have high hopes for his extra story.
Spoiler:
After all the main problem of his path is Chizuru and I imagine she's going to be in that side story XD.
Also yeah Yamazaki is on the poll X3.
That's a perfect idea Goo! I'll probably go after my least favorite one to see a change of routine. XD Probably going to do Okita's first, Harada, Kazama, Heisuke, Saito and then Toshizo. :D

I was expecting side stories with Yamazaki, Shinpachi too but oh well...
Chinchilla
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Post  Posted:

Since there's several Hakuoki threads and I'm not really sure which to really post this in, I'll post it in the most recent one I guess?

I was just poking around on eShop. This game is already up for purchase there and apparently has been since the 19th. It costs $35, though. Unless it's changed, I thought the standard physical version was just $30.

So if anyone's wanting the digital version, there it is. If you didn't already know.