Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 27, 2020 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?
Standard Farm
Forest Farm
Hilltop Farm
Riverland Farm
Wilderness Farm
You may select 1 option

View results
RopeMaidenKirie
  Post subject: Stardew Valley - Out now!
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 12:21 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Finally has a release date! :D

Price: $15

Launch trailer is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot7uXNQskhs

Some information from the latest stream thanks to the stardew valley reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewValley/comments/43hnp7/recent_quotes_from_uconcernedape_regarding/

Quote:
The launch price has yet to be finalized, but has been confirmed that it will be within the $10.00 and $15.00 (USD) range (or 9.23€ to 13.85€)

As of creating this post, there are no other videos available that showcase gameplay (outside of the trailer) other than the streams that have been done with/by Chucklefish, but since the release date has been set, /u/ConcernedApe has said that he believes there will be more streams leading up to launch - this means more gameplay will be available to the public before launch

When asked about secrets, /u/ConcernedApe confirmed that there are a large number of secrets that have yet to even be discussed that exist within the game
At this time, there are no concrete plans in existence for DLC in the future, but it's not something that's yet been ruled out. If the game is successful, there is definite interest in releasing free content updates from time to time

Mac and Linux ports are something that will be looked into after launch, and although there are no technical barriers, it will rely on whether or not there's a large enough demand to justify the work it will take to port to other operating systems

The possibility of a console (specifically Playstation 4) port has been discussed with Chucklefish, but as of right now there are no definitive plans in place - however, /u/ConcernedApe feels the game would be really fun to play on console

The game will be somewhat "moddable" out of the box, although it won't officially be mod friendly at launch. This is something that /u/ConcernedApe is interested in doing, but it isn't a top priority - he's personally supportive of mods and would like to do what he can to help in the future

The game will support controllers 99% out of the box, the only hiccup is that name inputs (pets, farm animals, babies, etc) will still require you to utilize a keyboard

Multiplayer co-op is officially planned, but won't be available at launch. The co-op gameplay will be almost identical to single player, except it will feature up to 4 players working together. Unless an unforeseen technical barrier pops up, multiplayer will function similar to Terraria in that you can simply jump in and out

Characters will play a big part in the game - there are over 30 people living in and around Pelican Town and each will have their own personality, dialogue, routines, and friend circles. There are at least 70 "character development events" and 10 marriage candidates, each with 5 events of their own - there will also be 2 festivals in-game every season

If you marry someone, they will eventually move into your house, and you have the option to have kids - same « Chicken Hugging » marriages are also supported within the game

The layout of your house is pre-determined, but you can buy house upgrades from the local carpenter - there are also wallpaper and flooring options available (in addition to furniture) so you're capable of creating a personalized look within your home

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 12:42 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Omg YOU SLAUGHTER A ZUBAT AND HARVEST ITS REMAINS AND FIGHT SPOOKS AND TOSS BABIES AROUND.

But no man this is AMAAAAAZING holy « Cow Poopoo ». This game has come along way and omggg. SO HYPED.

Ehppy
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 1:02 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Wowww for some reason having a release date now feels weird. I've been following this game sort of casually for a long time now, I can't believe it's actually coming out! The launch trailer looks awesome. It looks very polished, too, looks like all the time spent was worth it. I hope it has a smooth launch! I'm actually really excited now, hah, though my wallet isn't. February is a loaded month for video game purchases heheh.
</3 But awesome all the same, thanks for sharing the news!

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 1:12 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Even more reason for me to get a PC!

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 1:20 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

#TossTheBaby2016

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 1:46 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I wonder if I should get it when the game comes out (one day before my birthday!) or as another graduation present to myself along with the PC.

RopeMaidenKirie
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 1:54 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

On the stream they said it's going to cost between $10-$15, which I can definitely handle. Between Digimon, FE:Fates and this February is looking crazy stacked gaming-wise!

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 2:03 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

RopeMaidenKirie wrote:
On the stream they said it's going to cost between $10-$15, which I can definitely handle. Between Digimon, FE:Fates and this February is looking crazy stacked gaming-wise!

Same with me. I think I can handle it with PoPoLoCrois, Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon Yellow.

Poppyseed
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 2:36 pm 
Not the Eggplant Wizard
Not the Eggplant Wizard

AYYYYY it's finally out~! I honestly wasn't that interested before, but now that I've seen the trailer I'm excited for it! Don't know if I'm gonna be able to get it though. Hopefully.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 2:43 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

The game reminds me a bit of Terraria and I love that game.

Lumikru
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 3:22 pm 
Crazy Cow Herder
Crazy Cow Herder

Game of the Year! The Squirrel running up the tree won it for me.

Pachi
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 5:46 pm 
Carrots... yum
Carrots... yum

Tbh I was indifferent with this game at first, but after seeing that trailer... my thoughts have changed :P

It looks real fun and I sense M/FoMT feels with this! :heart: that baby toss tho :lol:

Kakuloo
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 8:44 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Lumikru wrote:
Game of the Year! The Squirrel running up the tree won it for me.

I'm fond of the background animations too. I like the one where the long grass looks like something is running through it. =P

I've been waiting on this game for a long while, and it looks like it's going to be worth it. ConcernedApe has put so much heart and soul into this game, and it really is showing.

That ice fishing festival looks amazing. Actually fishing/doing something during a festival? Yes please! Apparently all the characters have unlockable scenes, not just the marriage candidates (of whom you can take your pick, male or female!) I can't wait to get to know them all and see who I want to share my farm with. =3

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Jan 29, 2016 10:03 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Looks great, I actually really want to try this one. Hasn't it been in the works for over 5 years? The game has grown up a lot, I still remember some of the old screens

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Jan 30, 2016 3:39 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Wow, haven't checked on the progress of this game in a looong time, it looks way more in depth than I ever expected. Can't believe it's finally coming out! It looks great, definitely picking it up asap if it's only $10-$15.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next