Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Nov 27, 2020 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?
Standard Farm
Forest Farm
Hilltop Farm
Riverland Farm
Wilderness Farm
You may select 1 option

View results
rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2016 5:13 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Meriberry wrote:
The railroad area is closed off until the Summer 3rd earthquake, but after that, BOOMF! One awesome spa, and hey look, was that a train?

I can never catch the trains. Usually when they come through, I'm down fishing at the ocean, with no fast way of getting up there XD

Oh man me either! I'm usually heading to the mine or in town somewhere and can't get there fast enough. Ooooohhhh the earthquake! I see now, I was wondering what that did.

I'm really enjoying this game. The transition from starting up to having more of a farm is fun :)

Kind of torn on who to pursue for marriage. I'm currently interested primarily in Penny and Leah. I thought I'd love Abigail and Maru (and I do), but for some reason I don't want to marry them per se. I like Sebastian and Harvey, the ones who are usually 'paired' with Abigail and Maru, so I guess maybe that's why? I like Leah's storyline a lot and was really impressed that:

Spoiler:
Her ex, Kel, changes gender based on the player. In my game Kel is female, which really surprised me! A bisexual female character!! In a game!!! And it's not erased and not horribly exploited somehow! OMG!

So I may go for Leah. I also really like Penny a lot and kind of want to give her a house full of kids on a cool farm.

I do like the dudes as well. Alex originally got on my nerves but getting his hearts up... he's actually really sweet. I think on my next playthrough I'll play as a guy and romance him. DUDEBRO FARMING 8D

Domineam
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2016 7:02 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Panda Parfait wrote:
I'd suggest saving 1 or 2 of pretty much everything in the beginning. Hoarding may seem like kind of a burden but if you choose a certain storyline route you'll be thankful you did.

Build at least one chest asap to store your stuff, and imo you should also prioritize building a Silo before any other buildings and before you start cutting away most of the grass, since it will just be lost instead of potentially turning into hay without a Silo.

Also, dig through peoples' trashcans every day, you can find useful items and even expensive foods! Just don't let anyone see you because they'll think you're gross ):

Thanks! I downloaded the game and I'm just past the egg festival! I've got two chests already for hoarding.

So far I'm mostly fishing (and I've finally gotten the hang of the minigame, yay!), and compiling materials for the silo. I love mining too but I've kind of hit a wall where everything at the levels I'm at are a bit too strong so I think I need to go back and level up my combat some more + get a better weapon before I go any further.

rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2016 6:20 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Domineam wrote:
Thanks! I downloaded the game and I'm just past the egg festival! I've got two chests already for hoarding.

So far I'm mostly fishing (and I've finally gotten the hang of the minigame, yay!), and compiling materials for the silo. I love mining too but I've kind of hit a wall where everything at the levels I'm at are a bit too strong so I think I need to go back and level up my combat some more + get a better weapon before I go any further.

Oh! So sometimes in the mine you'll run into a slime with a star as it's bobby thing - it'll drop a weapon once you kill it. That was how I got my first good sword :lol: I think once you hit lvl 20 you get a sword as well? I forget.

I just hit level 45ish in the mines and scaling down them can be touuugh. Some days when I have 'good luck' I almost get murdered and sometimes when I have neutral or bad luck I actually scale down faster? Idk. I'm now swimming in coal and iron though, which is AWESOME.

Meriberry
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2016 2:22 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Save the copper bits you don't use for upgrades, combine that with coal and you can make BOMBS. Those are useful in clearing lots of rock (Just get out of the way cause they hurt), and against certain enemies when you finally make it to the desert.

Keera
Post Posted: Apr 25, 2016 4:40 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

My best friend bought this game for me for my birthday a few days ago, and I've been very excited to try it! However when I try to start, I get an error saying that there is no suitable graphics card found... has anybody else had this? I feel like I shouldn't be getting this, because graphics-wise, this game seems pretty simple? My laptop isn't like... ancient, either -- I got it in 2011.

Lexy Jenrex
Post Posted: Apr 26, 2016 7:51 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Quote:
Graphics: 256 mb video memory, shader model 3.0+

Gonna go with the obligatory: "Have you updated your drivers?" It is a pretty old laptop, and laptops in general are weak compared to desktops but the requirements aren't very intensive lol.

Domineam
Post Posted: Apr 26, 2016 11:41 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

rachellion wrote:
Domineam wrote:

Oh! So sometimes in the mine you'll run into a slime with a star as it's bobby thing - it'll drop a weapon once you kill it. That was how I got my first good sword :lol: I think once you hit lvl 20 you get a sword as well? I forget.

I just hit level 45ish in the mines and scaling down them can be touuugh. Some days when I have 'good luck' I almost get murdered and sometimes when I have neutral or bad luck I actually scale down faster? Idk. I'm now swimming in coal and iron though, which is AWESOME.

Oh thank you for the tip! I'm kicking myself now because I actually saw one of those but it was when I was tired and there were a bunch of enemies so I was like, "yeah I'll die down here, I'm going back up" and left without killing it! I'm currently @ level 15 so I'm definitely going to try to get down to 20 now, I kind of just took a break to focus more on fishing.

Soapylion
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 4:08 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Oh hey here's a really useful site for showing people your farm and stats and everything!

Here's mine right now. You might want to not look at the stats and things too closely if you're wanting to avoid minor spoilers. It's the end of Spring right now and I'm preparing for the next season so everything's a bigger mess than usual. It's so helpful to see it all laid out in one picture like that - I really wanna make it look better! <3

I'd love to see everyone else's farms!

rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 5:26 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Soapylion wrote:
Oh hey here's a really useful site for showing people your farm and stats and everything!

Here's mine right now. You might want to not look at the stats and things too closely if you're wanting to avoid minor spoilers. It's the end of Spring right now and I'm preparing for the next season so everything's a bigger mess than usual. It's so helpful to see it all laid out in one picture like that - I really wanna make it look better! <3

I'd love to see everyone else's farms!

Oh man your farm is gorgeous! I'm only on Summer Yr 1 so mine's still a mess, I'll post a picture once I have a better layout.

Okay, really stupid question but how did you get the gate set up? I made two gates but when I put them next to each other I couldn't get through them. What did I miss?

Soapylion
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 6:11 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Aw thank you!! It's nothing compared to some farms I've seen omg. I've just expanded the crop area a lot for those SUMMER BLUEBERRIES.

Oh I took a bit to figure out the gates too! They only work when you put one gate between two bits of fence. And then you can click the gate to open/close it.

rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 10:44 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Soapylion wrote:
Aw thank you!! It's nothing compared to some farms I've seen omg. I've just expanded the crop area a lot for those SUMMER BLUEBERRIES.

Oh I took a bit to figure out the gates too! They only work when you put one gate between two bits of fence. And then you can click the gate to open/close it.

OMG THANK YOU! I kept putting to gates together and it never worked and I was like 'well now my chickens are trapped FOREVER' and would remove the gate.

Ooooo man I'm plotting to do the same! I love blueberries cuz it's so satisfying to harvest them :lol:

Meriberry
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 12:08 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Don't forget, there's an awesome farm planner site! It doesn't have every option, but it's VERY helpful.

Keera
Post Posted: Apr 28, 2016 6:50 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Aha! My backup laptop has a proper graphics card for the game, so I'm able to play now~

Super « new farmer » question - where do I buy/build a storage chest?

strawberrysundae
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2016 4:56 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Keera wrote:
Aha! My backup laptop has a proper graphics card for the game, so I'm able to play now~

Super « new farmer » question - where do I buy/build a storage chest?

If you open your menu/inventory and then click on one of the tabs that is a crafting menu, it should be there. It's 50(?) wood to craft.

Meriberry
Post Posted: Apr 29, 2016 8:29 am 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

^^ Yup. 50 wood to craft, easy to make on day 1, even with planting and watering teh parsnip seeds you get. X3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 51  Next