Stardew Valley - Out now!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?

You may select 1 option

View results

Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ah thank you!! I even looked in the crafting menu when I first started, but I guess I overlooked the storage bin.

I'm really liking this game more than I thought I would! I'm only like a week in, but I'm slowly trying to make myself some more money. I'm in need of that bigger bag, aghh. I can't get more than like 3 floors in the mine because my bag is full.
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:Oh hey here's a really useful site for showing people your farm and stats and everything!

Here's mine right now. You might want to not look at the stats and things too closely if you're wanting to avoid minor spoilers. It's the end of Spring right now and I'm preparing for the next season so everything's a bigger mess than usual. It's so helpful to see it all laid out in one picture like that - I really wanna make it look better! <3

I'd love to see everyone else's farms!
I am loving the game so much I have not managed to visit the forum!

@Soapy, how do you take a Screenshot of the entire farm? I have heard of GeDoSaTo but I am not sure if it is safe to download on my system.
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

if you upload your farm to that site you get a really cool over view map of your farm.

http://upload.farm/1AVTSH
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Oooo Madie your farm looks so nice!! I love all the flowers. You did so well to befriend everyone and max out all your skills and everything so quickly omg.
WorMzy
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:Oh hey here's a really useful site for showing people your farm and stats and everything!

Here's mine right now. You might want to not look at the stats and things too closely if you're wanting to avoid minor spoilers. It's the end of Spring right now and I'm preparing for the next season so everything's a bigger mess than usual. It's so helpful to see it all laid out in one picture like that - I really wanna make it look better! <3

I'd love to see everyone else's farms!
Ooh, cool!

Here's mine: http://upload.farm/1AWzT4

I'm not much of a socialite. ._.
Madame Madie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Soapylion wrote:Oooo Madie your farm looks so nice!! I love all the flowers. You did so well to befriend everyone and max out all your skills and everything so quickly omg.
I made a lot of use of the favourite gifts and made sure I didn't miss a birthday, it gets people friendly really quickly.

I was also lucky I made friends with nearly everyone when you still got a spare gift on their birthday so didn't have to time it. so on birthday weeks people got three gifts :D

The skills are just because I was lucky.
LillyKay
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Nice farms everyone.

Thanks Madie, I did not even notice the link in Soapy’s post :lol: . Unfortunately I have just got to winter year 2 and re-arranging my farm. I will post it as soon as I get to Spring.
RopeMaidenKirie
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

There's a new post about plans for future updates!

http://stardewvalley.net/post-launch-pr ... -and-more/
First, here is a list of what’s planned for the future of Stardew Valley:
  • Version 1.1 — A substantial content update
    Co-op Multiplayer
    Localizing for non-english regions
    Mac/Linux Ports
    Console Ports
    Merchandise
Now, there’s obviously a huge amount of work involved to achieve all this… and I am just one person. I know in the past I’ve been very adamant about doing everything myself… and I still am, when it comes to game design and content. However, I’ve decided to seek outside help for some of the more technical things listed above. More specifically, I’ve accepted an offer from Chucklefish in which they will handle the porting, localization, and the technical side of multiplayer. This will allow me to focus on creating new game content for version 1.1, which I will continue to do entirely on my own.

This should result in faster overall development and reduced workload for me, while preserving my artistic control over Stardew Valley. I think it will be beneficial for everyone.

There’s no official timetable for any of this yet… Mainly I just want to let you all know that multiplayer, porting and localization are actively being worked on.

In the meantime, I’d like to give a little rundown of some things I’m planning for version 1.1:
  • More late-game content
    New farm buildings
    New crops
    New artisan goods
    New advanced farming/producing mechanics
    Shane and Emily will be marriage candidates. They will also have more events and dialogue as a result.
    More marriage content for all spouses
    More events for the non-marriage NPC’s
    Improvements/Additions to mining and combat
    Ability to move buildings and other convenience features
    More bug fixes
    More secrets
    More small, fun touches to the world
    (note: anything in this list is subject to change)
Everything sounds so good. Also stupidly excited for merchandise > >;
Soapylion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Omg!!!! Omg so exciting! It's so nice to hear he's had a relaxing break as well ahh. In that picture - that building!? And is he making coffee in kegs?? Does that mean a coffee plant will be one of the new plants?? Hahhhh and I'm so excited about the possibility of console ports in the future. I'd love it to be handheld that would be amazing.

Farm update btw!
Spoiler:
strawberrysundae
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Really, really excited for multiplayer!!!
Lexy Jenrex
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I think that's one of the best possible outcomes. Chucklefish seems to have been really awesome to ConcernedApe and I would love more content. I wonder if that means the base game might increase in price. I honestly think he could charge more once it gets multiplayer.
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Really excited for update + shaaaaaaane traaaaain.

Need to get back on the game but glad to hear he'll be getting more technical assistance! I understand creative freedom control concerns, but dude definitely should get some help with at least a little bit of technical stuff.

And IMO the game is well worth more than the asking price even right now, so a bump in price after mp wouldn't be any problem for me.
Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Honestly I was not expecting this game to be as much fun as it is, but it's completely taken over any free time that I find at home. Which really, I don't mind. I've been so tired after coming home from work these past few months, it's like all I could do was stare mindlessly at the computer and get nothing done. But having a new game that I'm getting seriously into is exciting for me.

It's probably one of the weirdest things to like about the game, but right now I'm really enjoying those collections from the abandoned community center! Also, fishing has really grown on me. At first I kept getting frustrated because I could not for the life of me get the hang of it. Now I've got it for the most part, but those... 'high velocity' fish still can be aggravating, lol.

Also, aaaaah everybody's farms look so nice! Mine's still just a huge mess like how we inherited the farm in, but I have cleared some space for a bunch of crops. I plan on getting more into decorating mode in Winter (I'm currently about halfway through Fall of year 1).
Tarojun Zakra
New Seedling
New Seedling

Post  Posted:

I kept things as it is when I made early mistakes and such, letting it be like life learning and see how much different things would be in a new file when I'm armed with all the knowledge. Most of wasted time was in my first year of spring and summer before things truly kicked off, and I did spend a lot of time in the mines, so wasn't really that of a social person :oops:

http://upload.farm/1AXOgM

My "workshop" area is so untidy, lol. Struggle to find time to be decorative, and it's a weak area of mine doesn't help matters. Wish I knew you could put the stable directly connected to the house, cause it displayed in red initially but it was allowed after all... Way too late by the time I found out. So the update on able to move structures conveniently in the coming update is such a welcomed change!
rachellion
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Still working on making my farm pretty :lol:

I am dating most of the ladies in town and have Penny at 9 hearts. I've managed to be pretty social, which has been fun! Seeing everyone's events is a treat :lala: Still debating who to marry.

Got the boiler room fixed YAY! Really wish I had thought through some of the crop raising because I'm going to miss out on getting the greenhouse until summer of year 2.

My partner (who usually doesn't like HM games at all) really likes watching me play this game! It's really cute. She saw Leah's 8 heart event with me and vetoed me marrying Leah :lol: