Ushi No Tane - Harvest Moon

The forum for Ushi No Tane, a Harvest Moon fansite

* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 23, 2021 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 51  Next

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?
Standard Farm
Forest Farm
Hilltop Farm
Riverland Farm
Wilderness Farm
You may select 1 option

View results
Kiss_of_Fire
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2016 6:27 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

I just can't figure out how to use bait with the fiberglass fishing pole. Has anyone figured it out?

Skye_Writer
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2016 6:58 pm 
New Seedling
New Seedling

Kiss_of_Fire wrote:
I just can't figure out how to use bait with the fiberglass fishing pole. Has anyone figured it out?

Pick up the bait in the pause menu and right click on the rod. This will attach the bait to the rod. Right click the rod again to remove the bait (say, if you need it for baiting crab pots).

Kiss_of_Fire
Post Posted: Apr 19, 2016 7:04 pm 
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper
Snazzy Sheep Sweeper

Skye_Writer wrote:
Kiss_of_Fire wrote:

Pick up the bait in the pause menu and right click on the rod. This will attach the bait to the rod. Right click the rod again to remove the bait (say, if you need it for baiting crab pots).

Aahh it worked!! Thank you so much! :lala:

lillybabe
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 7:06 am 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

rachellion wrote:
lillybabe wrote:
I don't think I've posted on here in forever but I've been following many of the threads. Stardew Valley seemed like it might be lame to me initially but after comments here I went for it.

I am toward the end of my first summer and had a really hard time fishing. I downloaded a mod and now it's easier. Even with the mod I wasn't figuring it out. The other day I accidentally did what I guess I was suppose to do all along. When I was trying to follow the fish in the mini game I was just pushing the mouse button and trying to hold... apparently if you line it up and tap at a steady pace it works much better! Other people must find this obvious but I was completely confused how you even followed the thing. Nothing was working! I nearly quit playing because you can't fill the bundles without fishing. Now that I've figured it out I feel much better.

I must be inept because I had a similar issue in Minecraft... couldn't figure out how to break blocks when I first started playing so kept getting mulled by zombies at night.

This explanation is actually pretty helpful. Every time I tried to hold down on the mouse the bar would go wild. I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I'll try the steady pace tap next time!

I'm midway through my first Spring and feel like it's tough to progress... although I'm making a LOT of progress anyway? Idk it both feels like I'm doing a lot and too little :lol:

I'm glad someone found my post helpful! That was my hope in posting. I felt for sure if I had so much trouble someone else had to have the same issue.

I was going to add, I just read something about replanting trees on your farm for the second year, I wondered if everyone realized if you leave the tree stumps the trees will regrow. I only destroy tree stumps if I really need the wood or if I don't want any trees to grow there (too close to crops, etc.). This should be an easy way to make sure you always have trees to chop down.

Kemine
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 9:25 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

rachellion wrote:
lillybabe wrote:
I don't think I've posted on here in forever but I've been following many of the threads. Stardew Valley seemed like it might be lame to me initially but after comments here I went for it.

I am toward the end of my first summer and had a really hard time fishing. I downloaded a mod and now it's easier. Even with the mod I wasn't figuring it out. The other day I accidentally did what I guess I was suppose to do all along. When I was trying to follow the fish in the mini game I was just pushing the mouse button and trying to hold... apparently if you line it up and tap at a steady pace it works much better! Other people must find this obvious but I was completely confused how you even followed the thing. Nothing was working! I nearly quit playing because you can't fill the bundles without fishing. Now that I've figured it out I feel much better.

I must be inept because I had a similar issue in Minecraft... couldn't figure out how to break blocks when I first started playing so kept getting mulled by zombies at night.

This explanation is actually pretty helpful. Every time I tried to hold down on the mouse the bar would go wild. I had no idea what I was doing wrong. I'll try the steady pace tap next time!

I'm midway through my first Spring and feel like it's tough to progress... although I'm making a LOT of progress anyway? Idk it both feels like I'm doing a lot and too little :lol:

I've also found that short, steady taps work better for fishing! Like long taps to make the bar go up and then shorter ones to go down. If you try to hold the button or not hold it at all, the bar ends up flying too fast or falling too fast and bouncing. I'm still getting the hang of it, I miss out on about 2/3 of the fish, but that's way better than missing out on all the fish.

rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 10:41 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kemine wrote:
I've also found that short, steady taps work better for fishing! Like long taps to make the bar go up and then shorter ones to go down. If you try to hold the button or not hold it at all, the bar ends up flying too fast or falling too fast and bouncing. I'm still getting the hang of it, I miss out on about 2/3 of the fish, but that's way better than missing out on all the fish.

I STILL miss all the fish :lol: I'll try steady tapping more. I spend a day or so a week just practicing fishing so I get the skill up. I've heard Willy sells soups that make the bar bigger so it's easier... if I was making bank I'd be doing that all the time!

@lilybabe: Thanks for the tip about stumps too! I've been slowly clearing out my fields to make way for crops/barns/etc. I'll make sure to leave a few stumps where I can so I still have trees. I keep ALL the maple seeds/pine cones/acorns I pick up to make field snacks, and also so I can grow trees later.

Kemine
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 11:01 am 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

rachellion wrote:
Kemine wrote:

I STILL miss all the fish :lol: I'll try steady tapping more. I spend a day or so a week just practicing fishing so I get the skill up. I've heard Willy sells soups that make the bar bigger so it's easier... if I was making bank I'd be doing that all the time!

@lilybabe: Thanks for the tip about stumps too! I've been slowly clearing out my fields to make way for crops/barns/etc. I'll make sure to leave a few stumps where I can so I still have trees. I keep ALL the maple seeds/pine cones/acorns I pick up to make field snacks, and also so I can grow trees later.
Oh, oh don't get me wrong, I'm missing most of them too! I hate when they keep going everywhere, I'm growing tempted to install this mod everyone keeps talking about. I want to enjoy fishing, but oy, it's annoying.

Domineam
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 7:00 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Getting my new monitor tomorrow for the comp so I'm going to pick up a Steam card to buy this game finally! :)

Any tips for beginners? I'm avoiding the wiki mostly (because I want to go in somewhat unknowing), but just wondering if I should be saving certain items and such or if there are any missable events.

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 7:21 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I'd suggest saving 1 or 2 of pretty much everything in the beginning. Hoarding may seem like kind of a burden but if you choose a certain storyline route you'll be thankful you did.

Build at least one chest asap to store your stuff, and imo you should also prioritize building a Silo before any other buildings and before you start cutting away most of the grass, since it will just be lost instead of potentially turning into hay without a Silo.

Also, dig through peoples' trashcans every day, you can find useful items and even expensive foods! Just don't let anyone see you because they'll think you're gross ):

nightshade2010
Post Posted: Apr 20, 2016 11:48 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

I was told that theres not much support for the gog version and they get the updates late if ta all ... is this true ?
I have it on gog but will get it on sale on steam if I have to .........

Panda Parfait
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2016 12:18 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

The GOG version gets all the same updates as the Steam version, but they are slower. CA can release patches on Steam whenever he wants but when it comes to GOG a staff member has to approve them beforehand, so they're always released later than Steam. I think the wait is usually only a day or two, but yeah. You won't be up-to-date asap on GOG but you don't miss out on any content or anything.

nightshade2010
Post Posted: Apr 21, 2016 1:27 pm 
Huggy Chickens
Huggy Chickens

ok thanks the post I read (in the comment/review section on gog) made it sound like it was "well here it is... might get updated with what I feel like when I feel like it "

rachellion
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2016 4:11 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Kemine wrote:
Oh, oh don't get me wrong, I'm missing most of them too! I hate when they keep going everywhere, I'm growing tempted to install this mod everyone keeps talking about. I want to enjoy fishing, but oy, it's annoying.

I caved and got the mod :lol: It doesn't make it insanely easy, just easier to catch fish. Like, I actually feel like the controls are better balanced and I can actually learn to catch the fish, not just click and hope for the best :lol: If you want the link let me know! I feel more competent at fishing and was able to even gain a fishing level (FINALLY).

Just hit Summer! So cool that everyone changes schedules every season. Also:

Spoiler:
The train passed by but I missed it because I didn't realize you could go to the railroad??? I also didn't realize there was a spa there!! :shock:

Also my first friends are Shane and Emily, which I find kind of funny since they're going to become marriage candidates. They're pretty easy to get up to five hearts - their birthdays are early in the year so you can make major use of them for gift giving :)

Meriberry
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2016 1:43 pm 
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

The railroad area is closed off until the Summer 3rd earthquake, but after that, BOOMF! One awesome spa, and hey look, was that a train?

I can never catch the trains. Usually when they come through, I'm down fishing at the ocean, with no fast way of getting up there XD

Porter
Post Posted: Apr 24, 2016 1:46 pm 
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

I downloaded Stardew Valley last week finally and after playing Harvest Moon since SNES, a one-man development team has outdone everything post Natsume Friends of Mineral Town. Truthfully, this is the Harvest Moon I've always wanted.

Bravo to to Eric Barone. Absolutely incredible. Natsume should make this guy CEO of all Harvest Moon releases in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 763 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 51  Next