Stardew Valley - Out now!

All other video games not related to the main farming series - Pokemon, Stardew Valley, My Time at Portia, and other indie-developed games.

Which new farm layout did you choose for your main file?

You may select 1 option

16%
41%
23%
16%
4%

Total votes: 56

Ronin19
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I can taste this game as June approaches! That's when I'll be ordering a brand new desktop and I'll FINALLY be able to play this game! So far I'm thinking of going after Sebastian because he's the most appealing, but I'll more than likely go after all of them just to make it fair.
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Here's my desolate farm (I just started Winter and cleared all of my land to attempt to do some decorating); http://upload.farm/1AYsKv

Just focusing on completing the pantry bundle, so basically getting new animals and working more on artisan goods. I'm worried about making money in winter but I have like 300 cranberries hoarded to turn into wine, and the animals are starting to bring in a little bit of steady income. Probably just going to mine like crazy and work on building up my farm for the spring. c:

No clue who to go after in terms of marriage, I jump back and fourth on how I feel about everyone. I like Sebastian & Harvey, and Alex is growing on me. Not a fan of the girls as much (maybe Maru) but Emily and Shane are two of my favourite characters so I wish they were eligible now! Not expecting the update any time soon though, so right now I'm just befriending everyone and seeing events before I decide.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Well I just started Stardew Valley the other day, and everything seems to be going good so far. Money is coming by slowly in the beginning, but I'll get there. I installed one of the anime mods because I was not a fan of the original sprites, and I'll probably install more mods in the near future.

I gotta admit, it's a little intimidating how much stuff there is to do. I like it though, it gives me those old harvest moon feels, which is nice.

Anyone got any mod reccomondations or starter tips?
Mothership
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

This is a good tips list

I love this game :) Tis soooooo much fun! The only mod I currently use is a fishing one. My reflexes are way too slow, so I couldn't catch anything til I started using the mod.
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

I'm playing the game vanilla so no clue on mods, but wow that list covers pretty much anything I came up with for beginner tips! Also kind of silly but just remember, 28 day seasons! I forgot my first spring (even though it was staring at me on the calendar) and lost some crops because I was trying to time it right until the 30th like some HM games. :lol:

Farm update!; http://upload.farm/1B0i6m
Making a lot more progress with befriending everyone now that I'm actually focusing on gifting them all, haha. And my farm looks a little less dead.
GameForever
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

Hello everyone and very good day to you all.

Love this game and the characters are really nice. My favorite thing in here is fishing. Way fun and I really like games that challenge me. I am waiting for the new update, hopefully is done soon.
XxWizardxMollyxX14
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Definitely thinking of trying out that fishing mod, I do not have very good reaction times, and honestly, I'm just not that big a fan of fishing in the first place.

So I ignored one of the tips today~! One that stated to bring food with you into the mines. So, uh, that was a bad idea, and I learned my lesson XD

I wish the map showed you where other villagers are, it takes up a lot of time trying to locate people.
GameForever
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:Definitely thinking of trying out that fishing mod, I do not have very good reaction times, and honestly, I'm just not that big a fan of fishing in the first place.

So I ignored one of the tips today~! One that stated to bring food with you into the mines. So, uh, that was a bad idea, and I learned my lesson XD

I wish the map showed you where other villagers are, it takes up a lot of time trying to locate people.
I agree with you about the map. About the mine, sure thing, bring some food and go out as soon the time hits 12:00. Because if you pass out in the mines you will lose like 10 to 13 items from your bag.
Meriberry
Spinich Bodyguard
Spinich Bodyguard

Post  Posted:

How much you lose depends upon how low you go in the mines, and how much space there is in your bag. Losing levels is more annoying than losing stuff, but losing stuff sucks too. Generally when that happens, I don't care what all I've done for the day, I restart because NOPE!

There's two fishing mods on the official forums. One is Super Easy Fishing, which keeps the fish at the bottom of the bar. A little boring, but much less aggravating, to be certain. The other you have to actually dig up, but it's just simpler fishing; the fish still move about in the bar, but they don't zip-zoom everywhere. I've used both, and I admit, I like the Super Easy when starting out (because AUGH that mechanic is evil), and then once I've improved skill and have a bigger green bar, the simpler fishing is generally pretty fun.
GameForever
Growing Garden Gnome
Growing Garden Gnome

Post  Posted:

I used portrait mods by Bunnerz . I really love those but I changed to the original. I felt nostalgic like something was gone from the original game.
Domineam
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

XxWizardxMollyxX14 wrote:I wish the map showed you where other villagers are, it takes up a lot of time trying to locate people.
There's a mod for that. link

I haven't used it though, saw it on a list of "most useful mods", so can't vouch for how well it works (but I would assume well if it made the list, haha).
Blue Rose
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

Started putting more attention to my g X g file and wooing all of them and decide from there. Probably gonna go for penny tho, cause she's a sweetie.,

Still waiting for Shane train thoooo
Kemine
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Post  Posted:

I wish with the fishing that there was an easier way to weed out the rarer or legendary fish, because those are the ones that are wild, especially in the beginning. Like, the beginner rod only snags common and uncommon fish, so you're still left with some slightly speedy fishes, but none that are going to zip and fly around. And then you get the better rod and that lets you get common, uncommon, and less rare, and then so on, until the best rod lets you get legendary. Then the 2nd level rod would be available when you hit a certain fishing skill, at which point you'd be able to get the faster fishes because by that point they'll be moving slower (and the buying rod thing already happens).

I'm at like, level 8 or something with fishing and admittedly, it truly does get easier because the more common fish aren't flying around, so you're able to actually catch a fish. But in the beginning it was so annoying, because you'd be lucky to catch 1 out of 10 fish you snag simply because 9 of those will be to difficult. Crab pots raise your skill, but you can't get those till skill 3 or something.

Looking at the wiki, it's already like that for some of the legendary fish, where you can't catch the legend till lvl 10 for instance. He wouldn't even have to change the mechanics, just when certain fish are available.

still haven't decided who to marry yet. D: Want to woo them all to 10 hearts before deciding, and sort of waiting for the update, though I'm not particularly interested in Emily or Shane. Leaning either to Maru, Leah, possibly Penny, Elliot maybe, kind of maybe Sebastian?, possibly Harvey or Haley...I truly have no clue...

My farm! Didn't have enough sprinklers for my second crop circle, so it's half done, but it'll look similar to the one on the right when done, hopefully for spring. There'll also be beehives in the corners, so it'll be more of a full square, along with flowers in four plots near them. One on the right is growing more specific plots of everything while the left has all those berries, a few 3x3 plots of other crops, and then the mixed seeds I had lying about. It doesn't look terribly pretty, but I did also just plant some stuff, it's mid-season. Working on a mini orchard on the bottom.

No idea what to put in the left, so it's just an overgrown forest. which is nice for getting wood. I'll probably stick a slime hutch near the pond, but I can't seem to find any iridium right now. Dunno about the rest, since I'm not sure if I want to do more crop squares/circles, more animals (probably not), or what. Might make a flower garden, or cooking garden or something. I dunno.

and I seem to have a mushroom tree, yay
Keera
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

Ohh, so the game does actually make it easier on you when you level up your fishing skill? No wonder it's so much easier now. I think I'm at level 8? I thought I had just gotten better at it, haha, because I remember it being frustratingly difficult at first.

Also, I just married Sebastian! So far, I'm pretty happy with the post-marriage dialogue. But I'm kind of... dissatisfied with the dating/social aspect pre-marriage. I feel like we didn't even get to the 'acquaintance' stage until he reached 4 hearts, and then not much development happened after that until we're suddenly ready to get married. After I gave him the bouquet, his dialogue was asking if I was single, but I don't get it? The social tab in the menu even said that he was my boyfriend, but he still asked if I was single.
But you know... this feeling of not much development could have been because I gave him one of his favorite gifts for his birthday, and I'm pretty sure he jumped straight from 4 hearts all the way up to 8, where I then had to give him the bouquet.
Panda Parfait
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Post  Posted:

^ Did you skip his heart events? Those flesh out your relationship more, though regular dialogue is still mostly the same regardless of what happens in the events.