* Rules    * Login 

* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 23, 2021 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 2:47 pm 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

I think it's so cool that Nintendo are giving ACNL an update even though it'll be 4 years old next week. The update will include amiibo compatibility I think?? And potentially the new furniture etc that was included in Happy Home Designer. And they're gonna weed your town for you once the update is released which is so sweet!! They're hosting a live stream on twitch about it tomorrow! This is the link to the UK one anyway.

I'm pretty excited. I was so into ACNL for the longest time, and since they announced the update, I've been slowly getting back into it again. I still need to complete the art section of my museum.

Does anyone else still play ACNL? We could even exchange friend codes and visit each other's towns idk.

What's your town like?
Who's your favourite villager?

Also I wonder whether there'll be a new Animal Crossing game any time in the nearish future? Maybe on the Nintendo Switch? Animal Crossing, guys. It's so good.

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 4:13 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I haven't played it in forever, I should start again lol.

Ronin19
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 5:47 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

My town is full of flowers and I made sure to use the beautiful town ordinance so there shouldn't be any weeds. I did everything in that game (Nookingtons, Museum minus art section, 1,000,000+ points in HRA, all golden tools). I have like 300 hours in the game, I loved it that much. So seeing this game getting an update next month excites me.

If Nintendo does make another Animal Crossing game, and I'm sure they will, it better be for the Switch. It will be an automatic day 1 purchase for me.

Leonna
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 5:50 pm 
Disabled: User Name Change

Shan O 123 wrote:

We should play in each other's towns again sometime, Shan! Literally the only friends I've played multiplayer with have been people from Ushi! ^u^

Shan O 123
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 6:04 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Leonna wrote:
Shan O 123 wrote:

We should play in each other's towns again sometime, Shan! Literally the only friends I've played multiplayer with have been people from Ushi! ^u^

Definitely. Whenever I actually get to it lol.

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: Nov 01, 2016 6:05 pm 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

I'm actually a little nervous for it since I'm weird about change (and no money for Amiibo cards). It'll be nice to see if old faces come back to other communities as the updates come though.

I picked ACNL back up a few months ago, I don't play it everyday because I'm awake during the night mostly and feel weird about TTing. I haven't found much to do, though last night I started doing some renovation.

My town was restarted so I haven't really accomplished any of my goals. Closest I'm at is a full Nooklings upgrade, now I'm waiting on Gracie to finish it. My current goal is to finish laying down paths or to at least get a general structure down. Marshal is really cute, back when the game came out I really liked Graham (he reminded me of a Danganronpa character). Kidd has ended up in all my towns so I like him too. There's a cute sheep but I can't remember her name.

If anyone ever wants to go touring that might be fun!

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 2:52 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yeah I have the beautiful town ordinance too! You do get *some* weeds but I only noticed like...3 after I hadn't played for a year. I really hope they include something like the beautiful town ordinance in any future games because it really makes the game so much more enjoyable for me.

Aw I've always really liked Marshal! I've never had him but he looks so cute. I love all of the deer villagers and I currently have 3 of them omg. I think Bam is my fave.

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 6:25 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

SO THE STREAM JUST HAPPENED!!

They released the update as soon as the stream started omfg Nintendo. I'm downloading it right now!!

If you missed it, apparently you can watch the stream on the Nintendo Direct website. Omg it was so cringey but in a good way I loved it. So. Dumb.

What I can remember about what the update includes!:
Spoiler:
There's a campsite with a new character called Harvey where you can invite characters with special amiibo cards.
Campers stay in a cute little RV and have exclusive items decorating the inside of it that you can buy!!
There are also exclusive items that you can buy from Harvey.
You buy them with Meow coins or something?? Which you can apparently get by doing things around the town. Like 'get 5 of this fruit' or something idk.
There are new mini games that you can play if you buy the new in-game WiiU and New 3DS items.
!!!! AND. You can buy extra storage space from Tom Nook!
AND. You can go see Lottie and make it so that you can decorate your house in the new simplified HHD way!
AND. You can invite new LoZ characters to your town?? Like. A horse villager called Epona. And wolf villager called Wolf Link.

OH AND. If you want to restart your town, you can SELL your old one so you start your new file with a hefty amount of bells.

Nintendo spoil us a bit.
My download just completed so I'm gonna go try it out now~~~

edit: Here's info on the update

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 8:43 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

I meant to come here as soon as the direct ended but I got so excited by the new updates and had to play for awhile! I have another 30min before any of my shops open though, I believe. The MEOW points are super fun!

From some playing around and group chats, we've found out some stuff about the new update to keep in mind.

-You can only buy 3 items from your campsite villagers per day.
-I believe the manual says you need to have the new storage before you can do HHD designing things, but not sure. Not TTing to find out.
-If you start your town over, it's actually based on your town prestige. A few people have tried restarting and have gotten 0 bells. They don't seem to tell you how much you'll get beforehand either. Be careful with that.

As for a liiiiiittle update, you can also sit on rocks now. Kind of cute :lol:

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 9:25 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Oh weird - I've seen people checking the price they could sell their town for just out of curiosity and then backing out. So I think they do make it clear how much your town is worth? Maybe those people hadn't properly updated the game yet?

I noticed the being able to sit on rock thing!! Omg I can't wait to discover more of these tiny updates so cute! I've already gone to Tom Nook to get the secret storage space upgrade. I love how Nintendo know we're all hoarders.

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 9:34 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Soapylion wrote:
Oh weird - I've seen people checking the price they could sell their town for just out of curiosity and then backing out. So I think they do make it clear how much your town is worth? Maybe those people hadn't properly updated the game yet?

I noticed the being able to sit on rock thing!! Omg I can't wait to discover more of these tiny updates so cute! I've already gone to Tom Nook to get the secret storage space upgrade. I love how Nintendo know we're all hoarders.

Oh, huh. We were pretty sure they had updated, but who knows. I haven't tried at risk of losing my town.

Do share if you find more little updates though!! I still haven't looked at my shops for today and I'm stuck in the middle of a long trade so it'll probably still be awhile. The storage makes me super happy though, I hoard a bunch of stuff for trade and it'll be nice to have somewhere to put it all. I thought I saw someone mention being able to access it anywhere, do you remember that or is it something I'm misremembering? It'd be super great if I could use it in the middle of trades, it'd make things a lot easier.

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 9:36 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Yes!! Yeah I think since the secret storage space is a house upgrade, you can access it anywhere within your house. I'm guessing not outside your house. But it looks like there's *so* much extra space which is really nice.

I've never even taken part in trades, but I can see how all that extra space would come in handy!

StrawberryAlpaca
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 9:43 am 
Custodian of Corn
Custodian of Corn

Oh, if it's just in your house that's fine too. I was in a group call while watching the direct with a group of friends and couldn't hear much over their yelling LOL

I do a lot of trades, most of the time it isn't bad but sometimes there are a lot of items and it'd be nice to have the extra storage available from your pockets.

Soapylion
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 11:27 am 
Ultimate Farming Fanatic
Ultimate Farming Fanatic

Ahhh apparently balloons don't just give you balloon furniture any more! *_* And there are new fortune cookie prizes! Like the WiiU and 3DS!

Bluie
Post Posted: Nov 02, 2016 1:36 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I absolutely LOVE that you can sell your old town and start anew! My current town is horribly overgrown with bamboo and it was one of the reasons I stopped playing (I could hardly move without whaping into a bamboo stock).

I'm just waiting for the update to finish so I can get a quote from Nook. >:3