* Search  * Register
It is currently Jan 23, 2021 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

runefactor
  Post subject: Life Is Strange
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2016 1:51 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

So after multiple recommendations I finally have this beautiful gem of a game a go. Finished it on Tuesday and omg I loooooooooved it! So well done and moving and the story and the characters were so well made! I got a why the hell did I take so long to play this feeling but at the same time I was glad to be able to play all the chapters right away. Anyway, how did y'all feel about the game? Fav characters, fav chapter, fav moments and most of all: what did y'all choose in the end??? I chose
Spoiler:
to save Chloe
and I really liked that ending! I wish more happened in it (some kind of epilogue would be super nice) but it did feel like the most fitting choice imo, especially considering my choices throughout the game. My fav chapter was easily 4 but they were all really nice! I felt like 5 dragged on quite a bit tbh
Spoiler:
so much story flip flopping, tired me out a bit
but I didn't dislike it at all. I was sooooo shocked about
Spoiler:
Jefferson (he was very hot btw...) I was like OMG. I was considering that Rachel could've been dead all along but I was sad when I actually found that out, she seemed like a very cool girl and I would've liked to meet her.
Not sure how soon I'll be able to do that but I'm very excited to replay it, really want to see how the other choices play out
Spoiler:
I felt so bad that Kate died in my game cause I was a lousy friend to her ;.; curious to see how not being a « Sheep Squeezer » to Victoria plays out too...

Ronin19
  Post subject: Re: Life Is Strange
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2016 2:57 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Life is Strange is definitely my favorite surprise out of any episodic game I've played. I also chose
Spoiler:
to save Chloe. I had her and Max get together and I didn't want to ruin it. I also got Kate killed accidentally. When I played the game for my friends they saved her. I was nice to Victoria and it was interesting. She's not a huge « Baaaa *glomp* »; I think she's just under a lot of stress and she thinks Max has potential.

Blue Rose
Post Posted: Sep 03, 2016 6:38 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

Bought it but couldn't play it so just ended up watching a LP of if aaaand

Spoiler:
was not surprised at all about mr. Jefferson. Dude was creepy as hell, hot or not. Also his art was super Inappropriate for a high school setting and a huge red flag IMO.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the endings mainly cause either way, protagonist learned NOTHING. In the save Chloe ending, you saved her but at the price of thousands of lives. In the sacrificial ending, Chloe ends up dying alone not realizing how much she was truly loved and not alone. And IMO, it just drained all the character development of the whole cast up to that point and bluh.

It's a good game, but I thought they rather blew the ending. Previous chapters were really good, tho! I can see/appreciate where they were going with certain themes but orz.

Do appreciate the LGBT characters in it tho! That was a fun surprise

Nurse Fin
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2016 4:23 pm 
UNoT Extreme Mooomber
UNoT Extreme Mooomber

I just finished it recently (kinda played through the whole thing in one long sesh) aaaand it was really good but also really difficult and cathartic to get through because there were a lot of things in the game that reminded me of what happened when I was around the age of the protagonist. Good thing I waited to play it and not right when it came out because it could have sent me over the edge back then. « Mayor Thomas ». I don't know how the storyline feels to someone who is approaching it from an "outsider" perspective though because I know I was projecting a lot

Spoiler:
When it got to the final choice time I just stared at the screen for a few minutes like "« Snuggly Bunny » these choices man". I chose the sacrifice ending first even though I didn't wanna, saving Chloe would be too much wish fulfillment though it's not like the sacrifice ending was very satisfying either but it had more closure, I guess...

Best friend convinced me to play, she said it gave her some closure over the loss of our friend Rachel (who I was friends with too, but not that close)... for me it just brought up a ton of memories about my um, other bestie who I had a special relationship with. I spent years of guilt/PTSD and wishing I could somehow reverse what happened to her.

Hysuka
Post Posted: Oct 18, 2016 10:07 pm 
Super Mega Game Dev
Super Mega Game Dev

My favorite part was when Warren got punched in the face for Max and she responds to his text with a simple "kek"
:lol: :lol: I cried laughing. Like mofo, brotha just took a hook to the face for you!! :neutral:

It was a decent game. I didn't feel like my choices mattered in the end but I really liked the experience.